Three day timeframe for COVID-19 test

Logged on to CVS at midnight to try and book an Antigen test for 8/19/21.  No test available for that day in my area, odd thing is they had some tests available for today. I continued to populate other zip codes for availability, finally got one in Winter Springs Fl which is 2 hours from my house.  I booked it, better to be safe than sorry.  I'll continue to look in my area for a closer location. There are plenty of PCR tests available but worried about the turnaround.   This is not fun!

Good Luck everyone. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vegas7df said:

Logged on to CVS at midnight to try and book an Antigen test for 8/19/21.  No test available for that day in my area, odd thing is they had some tests available for today. I continued to populate other zip codes for availability, finally got one in Winter Springs Fl which is 2 hours from my house.  I booked it, better to be safe than sorry.  I'll continue to look in my area for a closer location. There are plenty of PCR tests available but worried about the turnaround.   This is not fun!

Good Luck everyone. 

Just booked ours at a CVS in Kissimmee. There are several CVS sites available in Orlando as well. We booked the Antigen test.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, vegas7df said:

Good Luck everyone. 

I assumed from your signature that you live in St Augustine?

I logged that info in CVS and found you 10 locations in and around St Augustine for Aug 18. Hope this helps.
image.thumb.png.984ea0562e03132a3e4ad222d387bffd.png

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

Looks like the image I posted is very tiny, so here are 3 that could help: Good Luck!

St Augustine - 2703 N Ponce De Leon Blvd Poct Covid - 19 Testing Site,

2703 N Ponce DE Leon Blvd, St Augustine, FL 32084

Test type: Rapid-result test (antigen)

Jacksonville - Saint Johns Commons Rd Poct Covid - 19 Testing Site Lane 3,

120 Saint Johns Commons RD, Jacksonville, FL 32259

Ponte Vedra - Front St Poct Covid -19 Testing Site,

152 Front ST, Ponte Vedra, FL 32082

20 minutes ago, vegas7df said:

Logged on to CVS at midnight to try and book an Antigen test for 8/19/21. 

You may have tried too soon for the 8/19 appointments to load. I'd try again before I resigned myself to driving two hours (especially with the I-4 construction).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Looks like the image I posted is very tiny, so here are 3 that could help: Good Luck!

St Augustine - 2703 N Ponce De Leon Blvd Poct Covid - 19 Testing Site,

2703 N Ponce DE Leon Blvd, St Augustine, FL 32084

Jacksonville - Saint Johns Commons Rd Poct Covid - 19 Testing Site Lane 3,

120 Saint Johns Commons RD, Jacksonville, FL 32259

Ponte Vedra - Front St Poct Covid -19 Testing Site,

152 Front ST, Ponte Vedra, FL 32082

There's plenty of CVS locations in my area but non have any appointments available for the 19th.  

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

You may have tried too soon for the 8/19 appointments to load. I'd try again before I resigned myself to driving two hours (especially with the I-4 construction).

Yes, I'm going to keep checking.  At least I have something booked that makes me feel better. We're leaving out of Galveston and I don't want to get on the plane without the test results.  It almost seems like they are loading the appointments on the current day and not 2 weeks out.

Thanks

On 8/5/2021 at 11:11 AM, jcc1025 said:

You can make an appointment at any CVS or Walgreens for either test and they send you the results in a text and email. Would suggest you make an appointment as soon as possible. They have about a two week rolling schedule and they fill up fast. We are scheduled on a Sunday Aug. 15th cruise and got appointments for Aug. 12th a  couple of days ago. If we had waited all the appointments for the next 4 days are full in all the locations near us. They ask if the test is for travel so i expect they understand the reporting needs by now and they say the PCN test results will be back in 1-2 days and the Rapid test results will be back in a few hours. 

Thanks for the info, just made my appt for 8/18/21, did know I could get an appointment this early. Thanks again.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2021 at 1:20 PM, jcc1025 said:

I had to make a different appointment for each person. It was all on line they had them broken down into 10 minute intervals. You need to show your health card and if you can they have a spot to upload a picture of the front and back of the card to speed up the process. It appears that this is a drive thru process so should be pretty easy. When they ask you for your zip code put a zip code in that is close to where you want to be tested so the closest locations show up. 

This is what I did for myself and my husband for CVS Rapid Antigen  Got two test slots for Thursday, August 19 -- one at noon and one at 12:10 pm.  Had to put in our insurance policy numbers.  To make the testing go faster, they ask you to upload your CDC card back and front.  I uploaded pictures (JPGs).  A little bureaucratic but fairly easy.  We are in SC

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

This is what I did for myself and my husband for CVS Rapid Antigen  Got two test slots for Thursday, August 19 -- one at noon and one at 12:10 pm.  Had to put in our insurance policy numbers.  To make the testing go faster, they ask you to upload your CDC card back and front.  I uploaded pictures (JPGs).  A little bureaucratic but fairly easy.  We are in SC

We did the same thing 😉

On 8/5/2021 at 10:35 AM, mavo68 said:

Ok so I keep hearing some people say that the antigen at CVS is free, yet I am hearing others say that most insurance doesn’t pay for travel Covid testing. Does anyone know about this? There are 4 of us and I have another place I can book for only 49/pp and it is an antigen test but the drive in site is called “15 to know”. Not sure if RC will take this as an appropriate place for testing. I really don’t want to have to pay 139/pp to get tested…

Don't know who they are hearing this from. If you long on to the CVS web site and start to schedule an appointment they say that is is $0 out of pocket cost if you have insurance or through a federal program. They don't have any restrictions for travel verse other needs. We have some private locations around us who are also charging an arm and a leg for a test but think that is for people who don't plan ahead or maybe talking to the same people you hear this from. 

8 hours ago, vegas7df said:

Good Luck everyone. 

Exactly the same thing that happened to me. I was so stressed out trying to figure out testing that I cancelled the cruise. That and the having to wear a mask indoors now. I will book again when I don't have to jump through so many hoops.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2021 at 9:12 AM, atexsix said:

And that's going to confuse people.  If you read through the instructions the at home tests are supervised remotely.  Remote is good enough for my employer, my doctor, schools, church....but not the cruise lines. 🤔

RCCL doesn't understand the supervised remote testing IS a lab.  

23 minutes ago, nyllrap said:

Exactly the same thing that happened to me. I was so stressed out trying to figure out testing that I cancelled the cruise. That and the having to wear a mask indoors now. I will book again when I don't have to jump through so many hoops.

I found out my "3 days in advance testing" is Thanksgiving Day.  I moved the cruise to another one in January out of CA.

2 hours ago, pcur said:

I found out my "3 days in advance testing" is Thanksgiving Day.  I moved the cruise to another one in January out of CA.

That is the same day for me and it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. I'm also going to move my 11/28 Oasis cruise to another date.