OBC question

I’m in the UK … yesterday I booked one of the new, replacement UK cruises on Anthem.

There was no OBC offered when I booked (direct with Royal online) but there is now.

Already paid in full as it’s only a month away - any chance of persuading them to give me the OBC that’s now being offered? Or am I just unlucky?

Thanks for your thoughts!

2 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

I’m in the UK … yesterday I booked one of the new, replacement UK cruises on Anthem.

There was no OBC offered when I booked (direct with Royal online) but there is now.

Already paid in full as it’s only a month away - any chance of persuading them to give me the OBC that’s now being offered? Or am I just unlucky?

I believe the ‘rules’ are a bit different for you over the ‘pond’, but CWC covers everybody.

Last resort if fares are the same and you can accept FCC, cancel under CWC, you will probably not get FCC immediately, rebook under new promo to get your OBC, but of course try calling first to see if ‘new’ promo can be added. From previous threads I have read regarding UK bookings, refares are only allowed one time along with a ‘fee’, unlike here in the States.

You are basically asking for a refare, because you want the new ‘amenity’ which is the result of a new ‘promo’.

Good Luck.

Edited by wallyj

5 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

We booked the October 2nd one yesterday, it was on at the time as a spain/portugal, then they changed it but have not heard anything official, have been tempted to call but the price went right up and it would cost more to rebook which if RCI mess it up could happen.   Keep us updated if you have any success.

6 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

This happened to me when I booked the cruise I go on this Saturday. I emailed royalcustomerserviceuk@rccl.com and said

‘ I do not see the ‘$100 USD Free Onboard Spending Credit’ relating to the promotion you have on at the moment …’ 

They apologised and added it. Strangely about a month later I noticed in the planner that they had doubled it to $200.

1 hour ago, BillHoo said:

If you already paid for the cruise in full, you could always take your onboard spending credit and cash it out on the boat.

So if you have OBC from a price drop you can cash it out? And if so, how do you go about doing it? 

The last cruise I went to.  I had $600 onboard spending credit from two RCCL Bank of America Visa cards that had accrued to MYCruiseRewards account,

RCCL and BoA has a promo when you open a new RCCL/BoA Visa card, you get $100 onboard spending if you charge $2000 within the first 2 months of opening the card.  Due to an online glitch, I accidentally opened up two cards.  I decided to keep the extra card.  I was renovating an apartment at the time and it was easy to make those charges and accrue rewards points on each card.

I also had two $50 onboard spending credits from my travel agent for booking the cruise.

I did not use those during the cruise.  So, the night before return to port, I stood in line with a bunch of other passenger for the finance office and requested cash conversion from the onboard spending credit.  I got $700 physical cash in the form of grubby $20 USD bills and put it in my pocket.

As far as I know, they do not differentiate where you got your OBC from, whether earned, or received from travel agent or price drop promotion.

So, with my current 100,000+ MyCruiseRewards, worth about $1000+ of onboard credit.    I had booked a 5 night cruise that cost total $1063.00.  My intent was to cash my OBC on the ship.  Total cost of the cruise to me would have been $30.50 each for me and my wife.  Or about $6.10 per night.

But then, my cruise got cancelled.

Edited by BillHoo