To upgrade or not?

khia213

I’m $30 away from paying off a January 2022 cruise on the Getaway.  I’m in an aft facing, penthouse. For a reasonable amount more, I can upgrade to a two bedroom villa or the owners suite.  Has anyone sailed either of those and is it worth the change? There are three of us in the cabin.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, khia213 said:

I’m $30 away from paying off a January 2022 cruise on the Getaway.  I’m in an aft facing, penthouse. For a reasonable amount more, I can upgrade to a two bedroom villa or the owners suite.  Has anyone sailed either of those and is it worth the change? There are three of us in the cabin.

Thanks!

2 bedroom villa wins hands down. i've got one booked on the getaway nov 2021, and onthe star nov 2022 (although the star doesnt have a haven) we had a 2 bedroom on the epic and the jade. the 3rd person will be delighted as he/she can have their own private room with t.v and stall shower. also (although the 2 bedroom suites are closer to the actual haven restaurant, bar and pool.

• Thanks 1

We happen to like the 2 bdrm because the bedroom is separate from the living area.  We don't use the 2nd bedoom.   However many people prefer aft. cabins so it depends where you want to be on the ship.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, khia213 said:

Thanks!

If the location of the aft is important to you then stick with it. However if it's not too important and there's three of you, then get the 2 bedroom. Second bedroom is smaller but can sleep two together or use the pull down bed. There's also the sofa bed in the living room. So there's different ways three of you can sleep in the cabin.

• Thanks 1

the bottom line is can you afford to book a haven. if your answer  is yes, by all means do so. its a great experience, and you will love the idea of being spoiled. ive said in many prior posts, if i cant book a haven my wife wont go. there are so many positive things about being in a haven. my favorite, is being able to have the concierge get all haven guests off the ship, to the luggage area and on their way in minimal time, while the other few 1000 people are waiting to disembark. may not seem like much to someone else, but to me its wort the price of admission

• Thanks 1

Can't soak to the owners site but we have stayed on the Breakaway aft penthouse and the 2 bedroom.   

We loved the huge 9th floor aft balcony(breakfast on the balcony every morning) , and the bedroom separated from the living room.   But we felt we did not take advantage of the Haven itself.  The 2 bedroom being in the Haven, made it great for meals in the Haven restaurant. And the proximity to the Haven pool and hot tubs was great.

Both have 2 bathrooms which is a bonus to both.

I would say either are great. I don't know that I would pay a lot more for the 2 bedroom but it really depends on what is most important to you. 

• Thanks 1

Even if it is a reasonable price for the OS, you'll probably have a bigger balcony aft depending on which floor you are on.  We had a DOS and the main problem with the OS and DOS which connect is the movable wall leaks noise quite badly.  The DOS does have a nice front balcony but can be windy.  The bedroom and bathroom are quite nice though.

• Thanks 1