Live from the Majestic Princess - August 8, 2021

azbirdmom

8 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

It is for full suites only. We had access on our last cruise on the Majestic. Very nice!

It’s also available to Passengers who reach a milestone of Cruise days. It starts at 750 and every 250 days after that. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Skips22 said:

It’s also available to Passengers who reach a milestone of Cruise days. It starts at 750 and every 250 days after that. 

Oh that's interesting. I just learned something new. I had no idea. 

12 hours ago, redrobin said:

Sorry, is there a trick to uploading pics so they aren’t sideways? 
VIP Lounge on deck 14. You enter it using a ‘cruise card’ found in your stateroom, not the Medallion. 

On my phone, I can rotate them by selecting to edit and then tapping the little circle arrow thingy until they reach the orientation that I want.

10 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Someone asked about the sales. One of the things that got axed by Covid was the last day outlet sale. They did have a $10 sale going today outside the pricey shops but it wasn’t the same. 

Do you think it is related to not having to get rid of t-shirts (and other items) from the last cruising destination? Though I know they sell other junk there. Just wondering if they don't have excess junk right now.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, redrobin said:

Don’t know if it’s been posted elsewhere, but after this sailing Captain Dino will be on vacation until November. 

That is disappointing.  We are sailing on Sept. 5 and I was looking forward to seeing him again.  Who is taking over?  

1 hour ago, Skips22 said:

We had it on our 750 days at sea cruise several years ago. 

We haven't been on a Royal Class ship  for any of our milestone cruises.  Next milestone cruise will be on the Emerald.so may ask about that perk if they still recognize your milestone cruises.  

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Do you think it is related to not having to get rid of t-shirts (and other items) from the last cruising destination? Though I know they sell other junk there. Just wondering if they don't have excess junk right now.

They may have excess junk from the Australia cruises pre shut down. They didn’t even have the atrium sales. The store manager said it was Covid protocols and they usually draw a crowd. 

We are at our gate awaiting our flight home. Our group was called 15 minutes after our meeting time. We quickly found our luggage and showed our passport. Then off to the transfer bus which took a half hour to get to the airport. We are flying United and use TSA precheck so we breezed through. Alaska airlines and regular security was a zoo. Great trip but ready to be home!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Skips22 said:

See my post #699. Milestone used to be recognized by cruise credits, so you possibly missed 500 days recognition when it was still based on cruise credits. At the 750 level is when the added ‘perk’ of invite to ‘suite’ breakfast in the specialty dining room or wherever it is being held on that ship.

15 hours ago, redrobin said:

VIP Lounge on deck 14. You enter it using a ‘cruise card’ found in your stateroom, not the Medallion. 

3 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

On my phone, I can rotate them by selecting to edit and then tapping the little circle arrow thingy until they reach the orientation that I want.

@redrobin  I have seen this problem on numerous internet boards--not just Cruise Critic.  It seems to happen intermittently when the original picture was taken with an Apple iOS device.  I really don't know what the cause is, but my guess is that iOS uses a setting in the image file header that is not used the same way by the board hosts system.  I have been able to consistently get the correct orientation by transferring the image file to my Windows PC, adjusting the orientation with some software on my PC, and, then, uploading to the internet board from my PC.  I know that is a bit tedious, but it works.

I am intrigued by @Sea Hag's workaround.  That sound a lot easier.  I may try that the next time.

5 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

@redrobin  I have seen this problem on numerous internet boards--not just Cruise Critic.  It seems to happen intermittently when the original picture was taken with an Apple iOS device.  I really don't know what the cause is, but my guess is that iOS uses a setting in the image file header that is not used the same way by the board hosts system.  I have been able to consistently get the correct orientation by transferring the image file to my Windows PC, adjusting the orientation with some software on my PC, and, then, uploading to the internet board from my PC.  I know that is a bit tedious, but it works.

I am intrigued by @Sea Hag's workaround.  That sound a lot easier.  I may try that the next time.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, the issue is specific to my iphone. I tried rotating the pictures with the edit function, but they still showed up sideways when posted from my phone. 

8 minutes ago, wallyj said:

See my post #699. Milestone used to be recognized by cruise credits, so you possibly missed 500 days recognition when it was still based on cruise credits. At the 750 level is when the added ‘perk’ of invite to ‘suite’ breakfast in the specialty dining room or wherever it is being held on that ship.

We have our 1000 days at sea coming up in few cruises. I guess time will tell if they are planning on keeping it. I’ll be sure to ask Tina when we go back on the Majestic September 5 for a B2B. 

15 hours ago, redrobin said:

VIP Lounge on deck 14. You enter it using a ‘cruise card’ found in your stateroom, not the Medallion. 7CEE3079-0ADC-4EE7-8383-FC796FD24C31.thumb.jpeg.433683c62eab739561eb532514818015.jpegFB9BC09A-A21C-4F3F-81EF-568A72D07040.thumb.jpeg.1bdb7fad0418c5a0473bc6a4425ad42b.jpegD9B82FB6-7F35-41A0-A3D5-5705E7A8FEA2.thumb.jpeg.cdbc9d1e8452cebd1d00523f4def92f8.jpegDE0A3680-5D0B-4770-BD32-156145FA5E25.thumb.jpeg.4a575233a0a5925fffe199799db49af6.jpeg

15 hours ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

Fun! Who is allowed to use it? How is the VIP status determined? LOL

That looks like what is called on the other Royal Class ships, the Suite Concierge Lounge.  We were in a suite on the Royal Princess in 2019 and, as @redrobinreports, we found an envelope in the suite inviting us to the Suite Concierge Lounge on Deck 14.  Also in the envelope were two of the old style card keys which opened the door.  Mrs. XBGuy, who, very much, likes to sleep late in the morning found that the Suite Concierge Lounge was a great place to grab some pastries for her late breakfast.  We also enjoyed dropping by late in the afternoon for a glass, or two, of wine and some noshes.

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Part but not sole responsibility like it is now. 

I agree.  I was kind of surprised last night. Usually the deck stewards did most of the work. 

azbirdmom, we just checked out your minisuite. OMG that balcony looks like a brochure photo!! I can see why you loved it. You must have felt you could touch the glaciers. 

We are all tested and moved into our new cabin, with some interesting experiences dealing with the heavy doors that now close off the passenger cabin areas until 1pm or so (hint: exciting alarms sound when they are opened). Weather in Seattle is good today, and I hope it stays that way for sail away. . 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

azbirdmom, we just checked out your minisuite. OMG that balcony looks like a brochure photo!! I can see why you loved it. You must have felt you could touch the glaciers.

It was fantastic. Will have to book one of those again someday. It was nice to meet you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I agree.  I was kind of surprised last night. Usually the deck stewards did most of the work. 

We are all tested and moved into our new cabin, with some interesting experiences dealing with the heavy doors that now close off the passenger cabin areas until 1pm or so (hint: exciting alarms sound when they are opened). Weather in Seattle is good today, and I hope it stays that way for sail away. . 

LoL!!! Yeah when I boarded some decided to try to open the doors. Besides the alarm sounding off then it would automatically start to close 🤣. I told the guy who did it well at least he was the one smiling waving at the video cameras so there was photographic proof that it definitely wasn't me who opened it 🤣😂🤣😂

• Haha 3