(US) Possible route for free PCR testing

Check your state's Covid testing website.

Colorado uses widespread, free community testing (Covid Check Colorado at https://covidcheckcolorado.org/ ).

We use the website to make an appointment in the next 5 days, drive up, nasal swab or spit sample, they text or email the PCR results. 

We tested on Friday at lunchtime, got the results as we were going to bed on Saturday. (Negative... I am coughing because Colorado is full of wildfire smoke)

I hope that helps others!

12 minutes ago, LadyShiva said:

The masks don't seem to be working on fire smoke.  I have never been so aware of being allergic to pine trees.  😞

Wish you luck.  Does the AC provide any relief.

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Wish you luck.  Does the AC provide any relief.

The whole house air filter helps... when I can convince the family to STAY IN. We are running around like screaming meemies, trying to get set for the next school year.  It is very disturbing to not see the Mountains due to the smoke + looking through white foggy haze as I drive for errands.

🙂 Thank you all for your kindness.

Edited by LadyShiva
  • Like 1

Last summer in No CA the smoke in the air was horrible for about 2 months.  I wore double masks when outside, used the recirculating a/c in the car, and ran an air purifier on high in the house along with the a/c when needed.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LadyShiva said:

The whole house air filter helps... when I can convince the family to STAY IN. We are running around like screaming meemies, trying to get set for the next school year.  It is very disturbing to not see the Mountains due to the smoke + looking through white foggy haze as I drive for errands.

🙂 Thank you all for your kindness.

We've had quite a few hazy days on the East Coast due to the fires raging on the West Coast.  Sometimes it seemed like a strange scene form a sci-fi movie.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, LadyShiva said:

The masks don't seem to be working on fire smoke.  I have never been so aware of being allergic to pine trees.  😞

Masks won't work.

N95 or higher rated respirators will help.

hoping to cruise on the oasis on september 12. from NYS but will be heading to the port from pennsylvania. Anyone know if the do testing for free in PA and if a pharmacy does the correct testing? 

i know nothing has been announced for this cruise just trying to put my ducks in a row

TIA

10 minutes ago, clearlake_cruiser said:

Agree with the OP.  Those in the Houston TX area can get free PCR testing via Harris County Public Health https://covidcheck.hctx.net/

Last week 8/2, I scheduled my drive thru self swab Monday 8:00AM, had my results by 10:00PM same day!

I live in Houston and might need one for my October Independence OTS sailing.  I'm not sure if I want to tell them I need a test in order to cruise but I don't want to lie either.  So what should I say?

Try to book a test before you worry too much.  You might not even be asked why you need a test, just which symptoms you have (and they have a "no symptoms" choice, probably).

We need a clean PCR or a rapid antigen test:

COVID-19%20Testing%20types%2011.16.20%20

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CruiseSlacker said:

I live in Houston and might need one for my October Independence OTS sailing.  I'm not sure if I want to tell them I need a test in order to cruise but I don't want to lie either.  So what should I say?

I would tell them you are traveling and the carrier requires a test 3 days prior.

20 hours ago, nelblu said:

We've had quite a few hazy days on the East Coast due to the fires raging on the West Coast.  Sometimes it seemed like a strange scene form a sci-fi movie.

Here in Arkansas, the smoke is really heavy hanging over our valley below, I know it has affected our breathing, congestion etc.  We've heard that asthmatics are really hurting and a few people have died from the smoke.

2 hours ago, pcur said:

I would tell them you are traveling and the carrier requires a test 3 days prior.

Thanks for your suggestion.

I might book more RC cruises within 2 to 3 weeks of sailing to get those double points.

I don't need flights.