Live(?) 7-day Equinox August 8, 2021

Jazzbo

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Pre-Covid they finally added a dedicated Concierge or Concierge class.     Alternatively you can also book, change and cancel excursions on you TV and via the App. 

Sorry to hear of all your work that went down the drain.  This is the first time I haven't booked anything and plan on waiting until on the  ship.  

We had a sudden change of port.  I noted a huge line at the Excursion Desk.  Modified and booked a whale watching/beach excursion from my room on the tv.  Easy.  Others who had waited in line were disappointed as the excursion had sold out in a short time. 

• Like 1

Last night in Blu, I had the roasted tomato and fennel soup. I’m usually not a huge fan of tomato soup, but it has been really good in Blu. Larry ordered escargot for the first time. I had one — delicious, but very rich! We both had the seared filet mignon from the Clean Cuisine. It was as good as it was the first night. We are now lazing away at the Sunset Bar enjoying frozen mojitos.B7802A32-6C03-4DAB-B3B4-A269CF3DA406.thumb.jpeg.9a727cfc3d2b1fbe4b4ea108799b9cf8.jpegimage.thumb.jpg.24d8ee292d5a1640d777e4883a8ffa84.jpg

Menu comment.  I am a fan of tomato soup but I see they call it bisque.

I looked it up on google.  I still don't know the difference between soup and bisque.  I think the word bisque is overused incorrectly to mean any creamy soup.  It should be seafood according to Google.

Any chefs on the board who can correct me?

46 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I looked it up on google.  I still don't know the difference between soup and bisque.  I think the word bisque is overused incorrectly to mean any creamy soup.  It should be seafood according to Google.

Generally a bisque has a base that has heavy cream added to it. It is most commonly used with seafood (as in lobster or shrimp bisque).

On 8/13/2021 at 4:40 PM, keesar said:

We had a sudden change of port.  I noted a huge line at the Excursion Desk.  Modified and booked a whale watching/beach excursion from my room on the tv.  Easy.  Others who had waited in line were disappointed as the excursion had sold out in a short time. 

That's awesome!

•  
3 hours ago, zitsky said:

If you want to know more than you ever desired this is a great article:

https://thekitchencommunity.org/bisque-vs-soup/

This kinda summarizes it if you don't want to read the details -

Whilst bisque has been historically associated with seafood, the name has also been used for other soups that involve pureeing vegetables and combining them with a creamy roux.

They can often be found with meat and fish in them, too. They are typically smooth in texture, as opposed to a stew or chowder which tend to have bigger chunks of vegetables in them.

Edited by Jim_Iain

3 hours ago, Jazzbo said:

Last night in Blu, I had the roasted tomato and fennel soup. I’m usually not a huge fan of tomato soup, but it has been really good in Blu. Larry ordered escargot for the first time. I had one — delicious, but very rich! We both had the seared filet mignon from the Clean Cuisine. It was as good as it was the first night. We are now lazing away at the Sunset Bar enjoying frozen mojitos.B7802A32-6C03-4DAB-B3B4-A269CF3DA406.thumb.jpeg.9a727cfc3d2b1fbe4b4ea108799b9cf8.jpegimage.thumb.jpg.24d8ee292d5a1640d777e4883a8ffa84.jpg

I love the soups in Blu that are served with the dry ingredients in the bowl and the waiter adds the hot liquid from a small pitcher when served.  Have you had any special servers this past week?

• Like 1