Jeans in Dining Room for Dinner?

jdlg4silb

5 hours ago, wendyp247 said:

Even if Hillbillies were on the ship, it's their cruise, let them dress the way they want. You can't tell a book by its cover, some of those hillbillies as you call them maybe very wealthy. You don't have to socialize with them if you feel above them. They probably don't want to sit with you either. 

Agreed!  

The replies make me glad I booked the Owner’s Suite because I’d rather have dinner served to me in my clothing of choice than to be around most of the commenters in this thread.

People are exhausting!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, gone_cruisin said:

Agreed!  

The replies make me glad I booked the Owner’s Suite because I’d rather have dinner served to me in my clothing of choice than to be around most of the commenters in this thread.

People are exhausting!

Agreed. But, this is more of a generational debate where people think that dressing sharply on vacation means something.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2024 at 11:31 AM, Jim Avery said:

So get Viking to remove the rules. No rules.  What could possibly go wrong???🥃  

Precisely. As long as the rule is in place it should be followed. Those who disagree should deal with Viking or cruise with a different line. While I personally do not care what people wear, I do believe Viking’s rules are a condition to cruise and should be respected. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, rbslos18 said:

Precisely. As long as the rule is in place it should be followed. Those who disagree should deal with Viking or cruise with a different line. While I personally do not care what people wear, I do believe Viking’s rules are a condition to cruise and should be respected. 

100 % agree.  There are many other cruise lines you can go to who will allow you to dress as you wish.  So go there.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gone_cruisin said:

Agreed!  

People are exhausting!

Pay enough money and you don’t need to follow rules. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tobique33040 said:

Pay enough money and you don’t need to follow rules. 

Me: Jeff Bezos --- sitting on one of my yachts being served dinner in the MDR in my birthday suit.

• Haha 2

I've said this about jeans earlier in this thread, and people jumped on my back for "Well, Viking needs to make that clear." With jeans, you have very nice dress jeans that can costs $400+ a pair. You can find similarly, clean, not well worn jeans for normie prices like $50, that more or less look the same.

Then, you have designer jeans that have giant holes and rips in them "New" that are several hundred dollars. I, nor most of Viking, wants these even though they can get quite pricey.

https://www.harrods.com/en-us/shopping/fear-of-god-japanese-denim-distressed-straight-jeans-24449150

Harrods...$1,200. I don't think we want these in Viking dining rooms even though price isn't the issue.

image.png.1302ec701010888797e1f600553361ac.png

Edited by Mike07

On 10/16/2024 at 11:59 AM, Mike07 said:

Who is making the Viking River/Ocean/Expedition fleet possible?

That is a long list. The shareholders of Viking, likely some commercial banks putting up some capitol for the ship builds, the crew that is willing to work on the ships in seen and unseen positions, the customers that are willing to pay to take cruises, the shipyards that are willing to work on building and maintaining the vessels, the dockworkers loading the wares onto the ships and waste off, and a whole lot more.

If treating people well, no matter if they are there to make our vacation great or not isn't a good enough reason to not make their life difficult, try one of these:

• If we make it harder for Viking to attract and retain a good crew because of passengers that won't abide by the rules of the ship, Viking will have to raise the compensation of that crew. They will likely pass on at least a portion of those increased costs to the cruisers.
  • If someone is making the crew's life difficult by not following the rules, the crew is not likely to go out of their way to do anything special for them.
  • Like 5