Grand suite- drinks

2 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

No, drinks are not limited to a happy hour menu. Coupons are  good Any drink under $13 any time of day and on CocoCay. Suite lounge will get you any drink you want if they have a full bar like on Oasis class although we have gotten any drink we have requested in other suite-lounges as well

Did they add a blender to the SL?

2 hours ago, S&Slovecruises said:

We are on the Allure in a suite and they no longer are giving the free drinks in Suite lounge 11-11 only during happy hours.

I asked the reason and concierge said new safety protocol and social distancing.

They have not charged for sodas during lunch in Coastal Kitchen.

Sad 🙁 

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Could be. As much as I like being able to order off the ship menu, the service isn't nearly as prompt since they have to go to an actual bar to get your drinks instead of the rolling cart bar.

Hopefully that's one covid change that gets reverted back to the good ole days

Just order two at a time😉

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Never made sense that they offered that perk anyway. Ship specific things are a hassle

One of the reasons I prefer celebrity is there suite perks are mostly the same across ships  with a great suite restaurant and suite lounge open all day with drinks. But rccl entertainment is so much better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, George C said:

One of the reasons I prefer celebrity is there suite perks are mostly the same across ships  with a great suite restaurant and suite lounge open all day with drinks. But rccl entertainment is so much better.

I was always surprised Royal didn't chisel out a suite restaurant from the 3rd floor MDR of Voyager and Freedom class

• Like 1

3 hours ago, S&Slovecruises said:

We are on the Allure in a suite and they no longer are giving the free drinks in Suite lounge 11-11 only during happy hours.

I asked the reason and concierge said new safety protocol and social distancing.

They have not charged for sodas during lunch in Coastal Kitchen.

Surprised to hear this. 

So I can order a drink in the suite lounge  and pay for it, use my C&A drink allotment (If applicable) or order a free  soda and there is no safety protocol  issue?  Just a safety protocol and social distancing issue for a free drink?   Hmmmm!

M

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Surprised to hear this. 

So I can order a drink in the suite lounge  and pay for it, use my C&A drink allotment (If applicable) or order a free  soda and there is no safety protocol  issue?  Just a safety protocol and social distancing issue for a free drink?   Hmmmm!

M

Pretty lame excuse they are giving. The lounge and bar are still open....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

It's the age old problem, do you reply immediately, or read till the end, then go back to quote. 

I often post as I read, ship happens.

The BOFH in me says you should read all first then reply.  I have had to chastise myself for the same thing.  😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I was always surprised Royal didn't chisel out a suite restaurant from the 3rd floor MDR of Voyager and Freedom class

Hey, once they've made up for the lost revenue over the past 18 months or so and start looking for the next upgrade, who knows.  

That, for sure, was the highlight of highlights on our last Celebrity trip.  Made nicer because we booked it before Luminae was a thing and you instead got comp specialty dining based on your cruise length - then the Concierge calls us once onboard and notifies us "You get Luminae, PLUS the 3 nights specialty dining when you booked."

I think that's the best news I've ever got onboard a ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Surprised to hear this. 

M

It reduces the amount of freeloaders😉

• Like 1

If the intention is to implement safety protocol and social distancing, it seems to me that changing it from 11-11 to the standard happy hours would do the opposite. Instead of guests visiting throughout the day to grab a drink, they are now going to have everyone congregating during a short window of time.  

• Like 1