The Daily for Monday August 09, 2021

richwmn

@StLouisCruisers  We were lucky the day we were in Vladivostok as the weather in those latitudes, can be iffy.  Sending good thoughts for Copeland to get well soon.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, that was a good idea of turning the nachos into a taco salad.  I'll keep that in mind, and I think I'll use the fajita seasoning that would work on tacos too.

I mentioned that I have a Kindle for travel, and I just upgraded it last month, but still have to download all the books.  I still read regular books a home as I can take them to the used book store for credit on more books.  I just hope that the book store stays in business as I have almost 2 years worth of books to take in, plus books we are finally letting go.  I was planning on going in a couple of weeks, but with the rising cases of the Delta variant, that will have to wait.  Don't worry, I won't run out of books to read, and there is always Amazon.  You can sometimes gett a good deal on used books there.

Lenda

• Like 14

Well I know I have been gone for a while. First cruise critic didn’t like my password even though it was the same password I’ve used for the last six years so I had to wait till one administrator gave me a new password and set it up. By the time that got done several days later I was up helping my son get ready to move and get his house on the market and they don’t have cell service up there where he lives so it was a long hard week of working. Finally home and able to catch up on all the Dailyite and what’s going on. Hope all are well. I’m back if anyone missed me.

Edited by lindaler
  • Like 24

I have figured out that this thread is a good way to know what the date is, kind of like those wonderful elevator mats on the ship!

I went Kindle about seven or so years ago.  I used to travel with three books: the one I was reading, the one I was going to read next, and the one I would read if I finished the first two.  My backpack lost lots of weight when I got the Kindle.  One of my favorite things to do is sit on the balcony, watching the sea go by and reading a good book.

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Well I know I have been gone for a while. First cruise critic didn’t like my password even though it was the same password I’ve used for the last six years so I had to wait till one administrator gave me a new password and set it up. By the time that got done several days later I was up helping my son get ready to move and get his house on the market and they don’t have cell service up there where he lives so it was a long hard week of working. Finally home and able to catch up on all the Dailyite and what’s going on. Hope all are well. I’m back if anyone missed me.

We missed you!!  Time to relax and enjoy catching up.  And don't forget the wine!

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We missed you!!  Time to relax and enjoy catching up.  And don't forget the wine!

Thank you. And a glass of wine to celebrate not hearing “Mom, we could use a hand in here.” I forgot I was getting older until I tried to keep up with my sons. 

• Like 10
  • Haha 5

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Aloha!! Beautiful morning here!!

I enjoy reading books and have a huge collection! I love the feel of a book in my

hand. Not into Polka 😐 but celebrating 

Indigenous people👍👍. We had an opportunity in New Zealand to stay with a family of Maori decent and had a wonderful 3 days with them!!

@dfish You should make a book of all the recipes from the first day you started this on CC!! 
@Vict0riannLove the photos of the Dahlias!! 
@StLouisCruisersSandi enjoying your photos! Thank you!

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

We came back from Costco late yesterday afternoon and I wanted to take a picture of our pool again! So glad we have our friend who is also our Gardner that keeps up our house while we are not here.A lot of work is going on our little highway from Kaanapali to Costco and the airport!! It was stop and go!! At least we have a beautiful ocean to look at instead of cars on a freeway! LOL

image.jpeg.c9616c6e8801355ab4a1fe4b337d4d89.jpeg

🌺🌺🌺🌺

Thank you Rich for our wonderful Daily and to our Roy!!! May all of you have a wonderful week! Most of all please wear your masks. So want us all to get through 

these turbulent times with Delta! 
🌺🌺🌺🌺

Mahalo

Denise😊

• Like 21

8 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

We  learned Swedish  folk  dancing   from  our  relatives  as  children  and  one  particular  dance  involves  a  "one,two three, hop". It  is  a  polka  cousin  but  I  would  be  hard  pressed  to  do  it  now  on  unhappy  knees.

Good afternoon, thanks for the Daily!  I’ve always enjoyed reading, but like many others, have converted to the electronic version.  I downloaded the Kindle app into my iPad mini and have never looked back.  The only time I bring a paper book is if we’re going to end up on Half Moon Cay, so I don’t get sand in my case. 

I can’t begin to tell you how many polkas I’ve danced over the years.  Every wedding dance or celebration had musicians who played polkas and waltzes all night long.  @smitty34877you learned the Schottische, which is a version of the polka, a dance my mom taught me to do when i was just a child.  

Celebrating Indigenous people worldwide today; I’m proud to say that I have Indigenous ancestors in my family tree. 

Yesterday was another busy day on the “frozen tundra”, keeping the kiddles occupied.  We found a few new parks with spray features - a real blast, especially if you don’t have a change of clothes along!  LOL.  We ended the evening with hot dogs on the barbecue and a plethora of bubbles from the dollar store.  Hint, if you want stronger, longer lasting bubbles, add a few drops of dishwashing liquid to the bubble solution.  Even the 1.5 year old was able to blow some, much to his delight.  

I like today’s menu suggestion, but our DS said he’s going to barbecue some steaks for us tonight. I’ll bake up some potatoes and put together a nice salad and that will be what’s on our table tonight. And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and for those who don’t think they do.  Clinking the glasses together to cheer all on the happy list. Be well, stay safe, wash your hands,wear your mask, and hydrate!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 22

14 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Aloha!! Beautiful morning here!!

I enjoy reading books and have a huge collection! I love the feel of a book in my

hand. Not into Polka 😐 but celebrating 

Indigenous people👍👍. We had an opportunity in New Zealand to stay with a family of Maori decent and had a wonderful 3 days with them!!

@dfish You should make a book of all the recipes from the first day you started this on CC!! 
@Vict0riannLove the photos of the Dahlias!! 
@StLouisCruisersSandi enjoying your photos! Thank you!

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

We came back from Costco late yesterday afternoon and I wanted to take a picture of our pool again! So glad we have our friend who is also our Gardner that keeps up our house while we are not here.A lot of work is going on our little highway from Kaanapali to Costco and the airport!! It was stop and go!! At least we have a beautiful ocean to look at instead of cars on a freeway! LOL

image.jpeg.c9616c6e8801355ab4a1fe4b337d4d89.jpeg

🌺🌺🌺🌺

Thank you Rich for our wonderful Daily and to our Roy!!! May all of you have a wonderful week! Most of all please wear your masks. So want us all to get through 

these turbulent times with Delta! 
🌺🌺🌺🌺

Mahalo

Denise😊

Aloha dear sister. We've walked by your house 100 times over the years. Very beautiful. You and David are blessed!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Aloha dear sister. We've walked by your house 100 times over the years. Very beautiful. You and David are blessed!

🌺Aloha sweet Joy!

The property has been in my family a long time! It was a vacant lot next to Maui Kaanapali and as a child we would always stay there!  The property with the hotel was built when I was little. The home we have has been rebuilt and remodeled. Thanks sis!!

PS I watched Crazy Rich Asians the other night and at the end the women were sitting at a table with what looked like domino’s playing a game. Is this what you teach at your home? I don’t know the game’s name but thought of you!

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺Aloha sweet Joy!

The property has been in my family a long time! It was a vacant lot next to Maui Kaanapali and as a child we would always stay there!  The property with the hotel was built when I was little. The home we have has been rebuilt and remodeled. Thanks sis!!

PS I watched Crazy Rich Asians the other night and at the end the women were sitting at a table with what looked like domino’s playing a game. Is this what you teach at your home? I don’t know the game’s name but thought of you!

Our family has been going to Maui since mid 80's. Love the island and wish we were back to the early years. Wasn't it so lovely and islanders so beautiful and friendly. Lots of Aloha..

Yes, the game is called Mahjongg. I have 9 students currently on Wednesday and play on Thursday evening. Love it..

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺

well we decided to walk over to Duke’s!

Guess what we had??

image.jpeg.600519837c90c1ab8a84889ea9fb34d9.jpeg
AND!

image.jpeg.1746d25ca1518ad425b26a1a06cce27c.jpeg
Will take a nice walk later👍
Tonight I am going to try and finish up a painting.

Stay safe all!!

Denise😊

Hula Pie! Twisted?

Edited by Seasick Sailor
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, richwmn said:

Today is Book Lover's Day, Polka Day, and International Day of the World's Indigenous People

"I wanna make a jigsaw puzzle that's 40,000 pieces. And when you finish it, it says 'go outside.' - Demetri Martin"

Meal suggestion for today - Carne Asada Nachos

Drink of the Day - Noble Punch

Wine of the day - Beaux Frères Pinot Noir Ribbon Ridge The Upper Terrace 2017

Destination of the Day - Vladivostok Russia

Good evening Dailyites and thank you for today’s report.  I’m quite late today. I’m immersed in a Midsomer Murder Mystery so book lover’s day was made for me.  As I’m of 100% Polish descent, I learned how to Polka at a young age.  I join everyone in celebrating the world’s indigenous people.  The quote’s just as bad as getting to the end of putting a puzzle together only to realize that a piece is missing.  Picked up a rotisserie chicken for dinner so perhaps another time on the nachos.  Haven’t been to today’s port.  We’ve received some very sad news that our dear SIL who has been treated for a very aggressive abdominal cancer is losing her battle and may only have a few more weeks.  Needless to say it’s been preoccupying our thoughts all day.  Prayers to all on our prayer list and cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event today.   

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

11 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good evening Dailyites and thank you for today’s report.  I’m quite late today. I’m immersed in a Midsomer Murder Mystery so book lover’s day was made for me.  As I’m of 100% Polish descent, I learned how to Polka at a young age.  I join everyone in celebrating the world’s indigenous people.  The quote’s just as bad as getting to the end of putting a puzzle together only to realize that a piece is missing.  Picked up a rotisserie chicken for dinner so perhaps another time on the nachos.  Haven’t been to today’s port.  We’ve received some very sad news that our dear SIL who has been treated for a very aggressive abdominal cancer is losing her battle and may only have a few more weeks.  Needless to say it’s been preoccupying our thoughts all day.  Prayers to all on our prayer list and cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event today.   

I can't like this post, with such sad news.  Prayers for your sister-in-law and for all of your family during this difficult time.  Tough news for your family.  

• Like 8

3 hours ago, lindaler said:

You were missed. Welcome home!

• Like 8

3 hours ago, richwmn said:

In honor (?) of National Book Day Seth Wayne just announced that Rotterdam VII has a library!

Hmmm.  We’ll see if it’s a few books or a good selection I guess 😉 

If it has a real library that would be great and great if they brought it back to the other ships.  👍 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

We’ve received some very sad news that our dear SIL who has been treated for a very aggressive abdominal cancer is losing her battle and may only have a few more weeks.  Needless to say it’s been preoccupying our thoughts all day.

I am so very sorry to hear this 😔 

Prayers are winging their way to her, her family and you 🙏🏻 

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

I’m so sorry to hear about your dear SIL. Our thoughts,are,with,you,and your family.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, lindaler said:

Thank you. And a glass of wine to celebrate not hearing “Mom, we could use a hand in here.” I forgot I was getting older until I tried to keep up with my sons. 

LOL - I get that.

Welcome back - we missed you.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

I'm so sorry to hear this news about your SIL.  Our prayers for her and all of you as you prepare for her final days.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Mr. Boston said:

I am so sorry to hear about your SIL.Prayers for you and the family at this difficult  time.

• Like 5