Dine My Way & all new Dining questions since cruising restart!!

Host CJSKIDS

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Rudy888 said:

Anyone have any idea on the early and late dining times for traditional dining will be?

Before TD was canceled: early was about 5:15 to 6:00; late was about 7:30 to 8:15.

These could vary slightly depending upon what the Maitre'd wanted to do & in conjunction with the CD's times for the Princess Theater's entertainment times. 

Edited by Astro Flyer

You were supposed to be able to book the new dining system from today. Has anyone been able to do this yet? We are onboard another Princess ship and still can’t do it. The loyalty desk and reception say they can’t help 

1 hour ago, amajaa said:

You were supposed to be able to book the new dining system from today. Has anyone been able to do this yet? We are onboard another Princess ship and still can’t do it. The loyalty desk and reception say they can’t help 

No luck here either. 🙁

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

I can't either. I'm betting 9:00 am, Pacific time. If all goes well. 

Nope. I just tried now and still shows nothing for our cruise in November which is fully paid for and we are both platinum. This is starting to really get on my last nerve. 

• Like 1

Just now, bugsy43 said:

Nope. I just tried now and still shows nothing for our cruise in November which is fully paid for and we are both platinum. This is starting to really get on my last nerve. 

Yes, I know. I lost that bet big time. 🤣

Well, it's now 10:30 Pacific time and nothing! Why couldn't they have just left our reservations alone until they were up and running with their new system?? And why has nothing ever worked the first time with their app?!? This is really frustrating!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I received an email saying to make MDR reservations starting today also. It says I cannot until Final payment is made. For my cruise in January aboard Ruby, that isn't until October. It says I can if I am a Platinum Member or are booking a Suite. I called Princess and was told not until final payment.

I am a Diabetic and have to eat early Time. If I am not allowed to do that, I will cancel this cruise and WILL NOT book a Princess cruise again. I don't want Anytime Dining for 2 people. That's no Fun.

Edited by Gunner 66
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gunner 66 said:

I received an email saying to make MDR reservations starting today also. It says I cannot until Final payment is made.

Same.

I expected this but was hopeful since I was able to before (there was a glitch at one point and I got in). 

Since the majority of the ship won't be able to make reservations until they pay in full and the majority won't pay in full until final payment is due, I am not worried too much about not being able to reserve dining right now.

1 hour ago, Gunner 66 said:

I received an email saying to make MDR reservations starting today also. It says I cannot until Final payment is made. For my cruise in January aboard Ruby, that isn't until October. It says I can if I am a Platinum Member or are booking a Suite. I called Princess and was told not until final payment.

I am a Diabetic and have to eat early Time. If I am not allowed to do that, I will cancel this cruise and WILL NOT book a Princess cruise again. I don't want Anytime Dining for 2 people. That's no Fun.

3 minutes ago, MacMadame said:

Same.

I expected this but was hopeful since I was able to before (there was a glitch at one point and I got in). 

Since the majority of the ship won't be able to make reservations until they pay in full and the majority won't pay in full until final payment is due, I am not worried too much about not being able to reserve dining right now.

I am sorry to say but I think this concept is stupid.  

I cruise with Royal Caribbean and MSC quite a bit more than Princess and never had this type of stupid concept.  

4:30 PM in Colorado and still not able to re-book my dining. I can't even see my March 2025 cruise anymore on the princess app, only shows on the internet. I'm guessing we are all in the "same boat"?

Until about 30 minutes ago (5PM PDT) both the Princess App and the webversion of the app were EXTREMELY slow. Prior to 1/2 hour ago tried to enter dining reservations and got error about "Fully paid or Platinum ..."  I AM fully paid and platinum.

Now it looks like it did a couple of days  ago, dining just greyed-out. Most likely such an IT disaster that Princess has had to back the new system out.

6 hours ago, Gunner 66 said:

Everyone is in the same boat (sorry for the pun!). 

Don't worry.  There will be lots of early dining that you can reserve after you make the final payment. 

• Like 2

We are sailing on September 15 on the Coral from Australia. We have paid in full and are both in a suite and Elite and we don’t have access to any dining times other than Speciality. I will not book our free embarkation dinner in a speciality restaurant as it is ridiculous that I have to pay and then go to guest services to get my money back as OBC. 
So it seems that qualifying for all the things Princess is telling people is incorrect!

2 hours ago, wintrev said:

So it seems that qualifying for all the things Princess is telling people is incorrect!

So it seems.  Princess and its crack IT team strike again.

12 hours ago, wintrev said:

We are sailing on September 15 on the Coral from Australia. We have paid in full and are both in a suite and Elite and we don’t have access to any dining times other than Speciality. I will not book our free embarkation dinner in a speciality restaurant as it is ridiculous that I have to pay and then go to guest services to get my money back as OBC. 

If you are in a full suite there is nothing to book since you will

be in Reserve Dining. No need to book embarkation night dining it is guaranteed. Either go to the venue when you board or call the dine line. In over 60 cruises with Princess we have never booked a specialty dinner in advance 

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

Well, Got this on twitter

image.png.ffad3de453db1ce6c269ee34ba81b72d.png

So no need to keep checking.,  

3 hours ago, Lorenky said:

Has anyone had any luck getting dining reservations yet? 

This was posted on a Princess board thread & more than one person reported receiving the same info from the Princess Twitter (X) account.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lorenky said:

Has anyone had any luck getting dining reservations yet? 

Came to ask the same question.  I have tried both yesterday and today.