1st time on Conquest questions...

OhioJourneys

I have been on CCL a few times but it has been awhile and this will be my first time on the Conquest.  On embarkation day, will there be any restaurant open for dining/lunch other than the buffet?  I often prefer the less crowded option on day one.   Does Carnival, specifically on the Conquest, have airport bag check for disembarkation?  I have done this on some other cruise lines and it is so nice not to have to stand in line at airport.  Last, I have been trying to find info on CCL's embarkation policy.  So many of the other cruise lines have gone to specific times to embark and are strictly adhering to the time frames.  We will be arriving by a private transfer from a Ft Lauderdale area hotel and need to confirm our times.  If CCL does assign times, how far in advance to our cruise date will we be advised of our time to board?  Any other CCL "helpful tips" much appreciated!  Although I have cruised a lot...not so much on Carnival!  Looking forward to returning to cruising.

There are other venues open for lunch like pizza or guys burgers. As I remember conquest has the bbq upstairs..the stairs at the back of the 2nd buffet, easy to miss and often uncrowded

If you arent diamond or platinum or suite, your boarding pass should have a date when it opens, 14 days in advance you pick your own boarding time. Opens at midnight that night shown. 

1 hour ago, OhioJourneys said:

On embarkation day, will there be any restaurant open for dining/lunch other than the buffet?

Yes, Guys Burger, Blue Iguana, BBQ, Seafood Shack, Culcina del Capitano, pizza, the deli, and Sushi at Sea

Does Carnival, specifically on the Conquest, have airport bag check for disembarkation? 

I do not believe so

If CCL does assign times, how far in advance to our cruise date will we be advised of our time to board?

You will get you r time 6-14 days before the cruise

Have fun and enjoy what you do. Congrats on going on a cruise!

2 hours ago, OhioJourneys said:

I have been on CCL a few times but it has been awhile and this will be my first time on the Conquest.  On embarkation day, will there be any restaurant open for dining/lunch other than the buffet?  I often prefer the less crowded option on day one.   Does Carnival, specifically on the Conquest, have airport bag check for disembarkation?  I have done this on some other cruise lines and it is so nice not to have to stand in line at airport.  Last, I have been trying to find info on CCL's embarkation policy.  So many of the other cruise lines have gone to specific times to embark and are strictly adhering to the time frames.  We will be arriving by a private transfer from a Ft Lauderdale area hotel and need to confirm our times.  If CCL does assign times, how far in advance to our cruise date will we be advised of our time to board?  Any other CCL "helpful tips" much appreciated!  Although I have cruised a lot...not so much on Carnival!  Looking forward to returning to cruising.

1. Carnival does not have a luggage service.

2. Carnival has had their check in time procedure in effect for a number of years now. The way it works now is 14 days prior to your cruise you will be able to select your check in time. At midnight eastern time it opens up.Times are strictly adhered to by the staff. You will not be allowed boarding early. If you do not select a time, one will be randomly be assigned.

3. The main dining room is not open on day of departure, it is open your last morning on board.