One Adventure After Another, Live Rolling Review Aug 14, 21 and 28

exm

So my brother who’s flying in from LHR almost was denied his flight. He has his health visa AND an antigen test to satisfy the U.K. requirements. Nope, Bahamas need a PCR they said. Crazy. The next flight  would be on Monday so that would be a mess. Talked to a supervisor, nope. Ultimately he went to a BA service desk and finally they confirmed he could fly. He had to run for his flight but did make it. So anyone flying in from the U.K., take notice here.

Meanwhile in JFK they only asked for the Bahamas Health Visa as expected for us. We are leaving soon!

0262B233-05AC-44A4-A700-9A25C1985AFE.jpeg

85E26008-A688-4766-83BD-05DCFADECE97.jpeg

Edited by exm
  • Like 2

Have a wonderful cruise everyone! I just got off Adventure this morning and am writing this from the Nassau airport.

Regarding masks, it wasn't a big deal at all. Slightly annoying, but not awful. Royal provided two masks and sanitizer in the cabins which was really thoughtful. On the first day, a crew member asked me to put on a mask outside, which isn't required, but the crew was learning as we were learning. I think the whole vaccinated zones things is rather dumb, but I understand why they're doing it. When going into the theater, even if you have a drink in your hand, you should have a mask on. Then you can remove it when you sit down (if you're vaccinated of course). 

We had at least two positive cases taken off in Cozumel, a child and a parent. If traveling with kids, please make sure they're wearing their masks in public. It was not enforced heavily from what I saw, but all recent cases have been unvaccinated kids. (btw if you're doing a back to back, you''re tested on Friday while all other passengers are tested on Thursday, the sea day before Cozumel). 

Vladimir at the Solarium bar was incredible! As was Vlad and Julio at the champagne bar (I highly recommend a passionfruit martini--they'll make anything you can think of!). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

When going into the theater, even if you have a drink in your hand, you should have a mask on. Then you can remove it when you sit down

Beyond pathetically stupid,  in the words of Tom Cruise in A Few Good Men,  "Now Should We or Should We Not Follow the Advice of the Galactically Stupid?!".

Really, seriously, I am NOT going to give or get Covid in the 50 yards between the door to the theater and my seat.....🤪

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

Beyond pathetically stupid,  in the words of Tom Cruise in A Few Good Men,  "Now Should We or Should We Not Follow the Advice of the Galactically Stupid?!".

Both times they told me to put a mask on as I walked in. I had a drink in my hand both times. 

The second time I made sure to be actively drinking when I walked in and they still told me to put a mask on! I didn't want to pull a Karen, so I just said okay and haphazardly slipped it on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, natefish95 said:

Both times they told me to put a mask on as I walked in. I had a drink in my hand both times. 

The second time I made sure to be actively drinking when I walked in and they still told me to put a mask on! I didn't want to pull a Karen, so I just said okay and haphazardly slipped it on. 

What can one do but comply, but the reasoning behind it is just unfathomable.  The minute you take the mask off you're done, IT has escaped, doesn't matter much if you put it on for seconds and then remove it...no logic....

• "Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."  Spock

3 hours ago, natefish95 said:

Have a wonderful cruise everyone! I just got off Adventure this morning and am writing this from the Nassau airport.

Regarding masks, it wasn't a big deal at all. Slightly annoying, but not awful. Royal provided two masks and sanitizer in the cabins which was really thoughtful. On the first day, a crew member asked me to put on a mask outside, which isn't required, but the crew was learning as we were learning. I think the whole vaccinated zones things is rather dumb, but I understand why they're doing it. When going into the theater, even if you have a drink in your hand, you should have a mask on. Then you can remove it when you sit down (if you're vaccinated of course). 

We had at least two positive cases taken off in Cozumel, a child and a parent. If traveling with kids, please make sure they're wearing their masks in public. It was not enforced heavily from what I saw, but all recent cases have been unvaccinated kids. (btw if you're doing a back to back, you''re tested on Friday while all other passengers are tested on Thursday, the sea day before Cozumel). 

Vladimir at the Solarium bar was incredible! As was Vlad and Julio at the champagne bar (I highly recommend a passionfruit martini--they'll make anything you can think of!). 

Glad to hear the mask issue wasn’t a big deal. We were on the cruise before your cruise and didn’t have to wear masks the entire cruise. Interesting that the Solarium Bar was open during your cruise. It was closed our entire cruise. The best bartender during our cruise was Vladimir in the Schooner Bar. I wonder if he was the same bartender who worked in the Solarium Bar during your cruise. 

Karen and Bill have a wonderful cruise.  We’ve met a couple of times but there’s no way I could remember when or what ships. 

Our kids live in Arkansas and we know delta is bad there now.  So glad you tested negative and could go!  We are waiting until November when Adventure returns to Galveston and booked a suite to celebrate our return to cruising!  

We’ve spent a day at the Hilton in Nassau.  It had a great view of the port and water but I think I got bad alcohol there.  It tasted a bit metallic and I ended up with horrid migraine and missed dinner on one of our cruises. Nevertheless the place has a grand old hotel feel to it.

All of you have a great time this week.  I’ll be following!

Following since I'm on the Sept 4th sailing! I'm especially interested in how the process at the Hilton goes for showing test results etc. Royal changed their website to now say they don't accept tests done at home where they did say they accepted them a week ago (or so). Once boarding starts, I'm sure we'll see some updates. Thank you and have a lovely cruise!! 

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Glad to hear the mask issue wasn’t a big deal. We were on the cruise before your cruise and didn’t have to wear masks the entire cruise. Interesting that the Solarium Bar was open during your cruise. It was closed our entire cruise. The best bartender during our cruise was Vladimir in the Schooner Bar. I wonder if he was the same bartender who worked in the Solarium Bar during your cruise. 

I think they may have opened the solarium bar since it is now a designated “vaccinated” zone

4 hours ago, WVHillbilly said:

@natefish95  Question about your flight down, where did you fly out of and how was it?  We fly out of IAD Friday.

I flew out of DCA. American does a seasonal nonstop from DCA to Nassau. Since Nassau is a preclearance airport and DCA doesn't have US Customs, it works. 

• Like 1

Figured I’d chime in since I’m on the 8/14 as well - check in was a breeze, actually got to board at 11:30 instead of noon, no test required at the port (I showed up with a negative result for an ANTIGEN test and was fine - no one asked any questions) The mask regulation is a thing for sure, but all of the “open air” areas - pool (main pool and solarium), promenade deck on deck 4, deck 12, etc, you are good to not wear one. Talked to my stateroom attendant who informed me there were about 1200 on the last sailing, but only 797 passengers on this sailing (yikes!) it feels like an empty ship! Also found out the passengers are outnumbered by the crew by about 300. Unrelated side note, Freedom is parked right next to us, and is looking beautiful! Adventure is in amazing shape herself and everyone is thrilled to be here! I’ll post more as the cruise goes on, but I wanted to try to throw out some answers to the questions I had before I boarded. Feel free to ask any questions and I’ll do my best to answer them! Cheers!

Edited by JasonMason
Added to post
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, JasonMason said:

Figured I’d chime in since I’m on the 8/14 as well - check in was a breeze, actually got to board at 11:30 instead of noon, no test required at the port (I showed up with a negative result for an ANTIGEN test and was fine - no one asked any questions) The mask regulation is a thing for sure, but all of the “open air” areas - pool (main pool and solarium), promenade deck on deck 4, deck 12, etc, you are good to not wear one. Talked to my stateroom attendant who informed me there were about 1200 on the last sailing, but only 797 passengers on this sailing (yikes!) it feels like an empty ship! Unrelated side note, Freedom is parked right next to us, and is looking beautiful! Adventure is in amazing shape herself and everyone is thrilled to be here! I’ll post more as the cruise goes on, but I wanted to try to throw out some answers to the questions I had before I boarded. Cheers!

Thanks for the update and enjoy your cruise! I wonder how many cancellations they received after the mask mandates and stricter testing protocols (at this point sailing out of Florida or Nassau doesn’t really matter). Either way, should be a fun experience, enjoy!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, exm said:

Thanks for the update and enjoy your cruise! I wonder how many cancellations they received after the mask mandates and stricter testing protocols (at this point sailing out of Florida or Nassau doesn’t really matter). Either way, should be a fun experience, enjoy!

My pleasure! That was my thought as well - I imagine many were not too excited about the changes and decided to cancel.. No complaints here of course! And thank you!

Edited by JasonMason
Added to post

1 minute ago, exm said:

The numbers that were passed along to me that were from the suite concierge were 710 or 712 booked by when they began check-in, originally 760 booked.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dswallow said:

The numbers that were passed along to me that were from the suite concierge were 710 or 712 booked by when they began check-in, originally 760 booked.

Interesting… the 2BR GS next to my cabin still has their SeaPass envelope on the door, I wonder how many just didn’t make the trip at the last minute…