Are staterooms really sold out?

afick12

Has anyone had any experience with booking their new cruise and the stateroom category being sold out later to be available? Maybe by the assistance of a TA or some other way? Looking at June 11 Beyond to Greek Isles and Malta. Dislike the new veranda rooms. Like the traditional balconies but only seem to be on sky suites or sunset veranda state rooms. Sunset is sold out and sky suites are $2000 more. This is supposed to be out dream vacation to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Last year, the same cruise was $2,000 less and was able to have a sky suite. 

The Sunset verandas are very popular and do sell out quickly.

We have 4 bookings and currently there are no SV's available on any of them.  We recently upgraded from a SV to a suite and the SV we had only showed on line as available for less than 2 hrs.

Yes the Suite prices have gone up significantly.   We  have 2 suites booked which were from cancelled cruises which we lifted & shifted.   The  price we have is roughly 60% of the  cost to book those suites today.  

• Like 1

We're in a similar situation, preferring a traditional balcony for our upcoming Edge cruise. Decided to book an ocean view verandah with porthole (category 1A). You may want to consider this option? Do ask a TA because ours located a cabin even though Celebrity's website showed them sold out. And Happy Anniversary!! Our 35th was in April so excited to be able to cruise again to celebrate. 

We recently booked two porthole verandah cabins for our upcoming Edge cruise (the solo discount made it possible for us to have separate cabins).  Having sailed in a SV previously, we were determined to get that category again.  And it happened!  I checked the Celebrity website every morning and within a few days, two became available.  Quick call to my amazing travel agent, and the move happened.  Persistence paid off.

Good luck.

Between reduced capacity sailings and cancelations by pax who are deferring to later dates, inventory is all over the map right now.  If I was looking to book or switch to a particular cabin/class currently unavailable, I'd have my TA (and me!) checking daily.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, afick12 said:

Has anyone had any experience with booking their new cruise and the stateroom category being sold out later to be available? Maybe by the assistance of a TA or some other way? Looking at June 11 Beyond to Greek Isles and Malta. Dislike the new veranda rooms. Like the traditional balconies but only seem to be on sky suites or sunset veranda state rooms. Sunset is sold out and sky suites are $2000 more. This is supposed to be out dream vacation to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Last year, the same cruise was $2,000 less and was able to have a sky suite. 

For 2021? If so no doubt. 2020 prices don't count. Book now for a 2022 Greek Isle makeup cruise to Celebrate your 30th. 

2 hours ago, afick12 said:

The cost of EVERYTHING has gone up up up, the necessities we need in life, cruise is no different.  And yes I have experience with the increase in cruise cost, when I see what it is, I then decide do I want to book it, which I have.

Edited by LGW59

Had it happen a couple weeks ago.     SS's for the cruise were sold out but next day I could book it.  

If there is only one cabin left,  if you begin a booking the cabin is taken out of inventory for 15-20 minutes if the transaction is not completed it comes back into inventory.    There  also may have been some cancellations.

• Like 1