How long are refunds taking currently? (August 2021)

Does anyone have any recent data points as to how long refunds are taking for voyages canceled by RCCL? How long to get the refund for the cruise portion and how long to get the refund for pre-cruise purchases such as shore excursions or specialty dining?

I canceled a late June Adventure cruise under Cruise With Confidence. Cruise planner purchases were refunded within a day or two. About 45 days later I am still waiting for the FCC to issue. Hopefully someone will come along who knows if cash refunds are moving at a similar pace.

We requested FCC for a July and an August cruise that RCG canceled in June 4th and 8th on June 15 and a week later asked to change to full refunds instead.  

We received refunds credited to our credit card for the cruise fare, prepaid gratuities, and port fees/taxes for the July cruise and the prepaid gratuities and taxes on the August cruise on June 26.  After reading this thread, I checked my credit card statement to find we are still waiting for the cruise fare for the August cruise.  Now I’m concerned that we may have had FCC issued instead of the requested refund and I will call my TA tomorrow.

When Royal cancelled Odyssey for the July 3 sailing I started the refund process on June 16.

At the time they offered 30 - 45 days as the refund time frame or July 30th at the latest. 

At 46 days I inquired and was told a few more weeks.

On August 4 approximately 2/3 of my refund posted to be credit card.

I inquired again and had them verify my math was correct and there's was wrong.  After a while resolutions agreed with my math.

Still waiting for the balance.   56 days and counting.

In that case Royal cancelled the cruise .  When I have canceled a cruise recently refunds are much faster. 

I’m waiting on $3000 in refunded deposits for cruises I cancelled in May/June.  They were fully refundable deposits.  Royal is getting slower.  

I just received an fcc yesterday for a cruise I canceled on 19 February!  Took many phone calls to get it done!

Im waiting on a flight refund from Air2Sea cancelled last week and they said 30-45 days.  Im hoping it comes before my cruise next month but not holding my breath.

Edited by ryano

9 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

10 days-3 weeks all but one of my 9 Refunds. 5 new ones last week, we'll see if mine are still consistent

Thanks, please do post back your results. With 5 to refund it will give an interesting array of data points. 

• Like 1

I submitted Aug 3 5:20 pm also for a cruise Royal canceled and I just got my full refund credited back! 3 different credits for taxes/fees then the rest of the (non-refundable) deposit and then the final payment.

Haven't heard yet about the reinstatement of the $266 Cruise with Confidence FCC.

Edited by twins_to_alaska

Cancelled my Aug 22 Allure cruise on Aug 2.  All of the credit card stuff like shore excursions and additions like dining have already been refunded to the card.  They started rolling in on Aug 11, so it's much improved.

Still waiting on FCC for my base fare -- which RCI says should happen within 90 days.

Edited by mk-ultra

Cancelled my Anthem cruise when the itinerary was changed 11th July, was told 30 days FCC,  they still haven’t even cancelled the booking as got edocs and luggage tags.  Emailed them and just said yes it’s in line to be cancelled so guess my 30 days haven’t even started! 

tried ringing but after an hour on queue it cuts you off !