Donating FCC

So my FCC is basically useless to me since I can't sail before it expires.  I was talking to a friend about how I'm considering it my "donation" to Royal because it's the only way I can deal with the stress this whole situation is causing me.  She suggested donating it to Make a Wish or a similar organization.  I hadn't thought about that before, but I know Im able to donate airline miles I've accumulated, so it would make sense that I could donate this FCC.  I Googled it, but couldn't find any info about it.  However I did see articles mentioning that Royal partners with Make a Wish.  Has anyone done this before?  Do you have any info for me to make this happen?  TIA

26 minutes ago, travelinmoma said:

So my FCC is basically useless to me since I can't sail before it expires.  I was talking to a friend about how I'm considering it my "donation" to Royal because it's the only way I can deal with the stress this whole situation is causing me.  She suggested donating it to Make a Wish or a similar organization.  I hadn't thought about that before, but I know Im able to donate airline miles I've accumulated, so it would make sense that I could donate this FCC.  I Googled it, but couldn't find any info about it.  However I did see articles mentioning that Royal partners with Make a Wish.  Has anyone done this before?  Do you have any info for me to make this happen?  TIA

Not trying to be personal but you can't sail before September 30, 2022?  That's more than year away. What about next summer?

If you can't then that stinks.  

Edited by mek

26 minutes ago, travelinmoma said:

My understanding is use it or lose it. IMO airline miles aren't the same as a FCC(s). Call the CAS and ask them in FCC(s) can be donated. If they can I'll send you my personal info. 😉

1 hour ago, travelinmoma said:

I'm considering it my "donation" to Royal

And in turn RCI will "donate" by making Explorer available for search and rescue crews (did it for Sanford condo collapse), offer free cruises to health care workers or first responders, or take supplies to hurricane ravaged areas (several times) or any number of other donations.

• Like 1

Lately, we've been able to get FCCs that had been applied to cruises that were later cancelled by RCL refunded to us. It may be worth a call to RCL to see if they can issue a refund given your predicament.