DIAMOND PLUS - WELCOME BENIFITS LETTER IN CABIN

5 hours ago, beardedladies said:

No, you just use one voucher when paying for both of you on night 1, then the second voucher night 2. We’ve done this many times. 

Just to be clear since the instructions say you have to take advantage of this on Day 1... you have to make your reservations on Day 1 then you can use your SeaPass offers to pay when you actually dine? 

15 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Yes, the 18% never goes away, but if I remember correctly, it is only calculated on what you actually pay, not on the "free" meal.

Gotcha! Yes, I know the 18% doesn't go away, but in the example of pre-purchased it is sometimes already included.

14 hours ago, Hogbay said:

So CL has only be temporarily suspended. 🙂

12 hours ago, davekathy said:

Doesn't matter as CLs are being phased out. 

11 hours ago, Nado44 said:

They are? What's the scoop?

Concierge Lounges are being re-branded as "Suite Lounges".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jshli said:

The 4 drinks per day can be used at any time, except for the Diamond Lounge? 

Can it be used in the dining room during dinner?
Didn’t Royal on past cruises give 1 free bag of laundry and 1 free item to be dry cleaned. If so, this is definitely a downgrade of Diamond tier status perks as well as a large increase in the cost of a bag of laundry.

They can be used anywhere, any time, INCLUDING the Diamond Lounge.  You can no longer get free, unlimited drinks in the Lounge.  You are also no longer restricted to the "diamond list".  It is any drink, with a limit of $13 per drink.

Diamond do not get free laundry.  They get a discount.

12 hours ago, Nado44 said:

Yes. Being replaced as SLs. The ships will (eventually) only have DLs and SLs. It has been posted here on CC a few times that even before covid D+ were no longer welcome in the remaining CLs.  

Glad to see DL has coffee in the morning.   Love that machine.

As our next sailing will be first ad D+, I was sure the letter says 2 days free internet.     I thought our friends told us last year they got 3.  Guess I misunderstood them.

Thanx for sharing,

Erika

22 hours ago, Nado44 said:

I think the concierge lounges are being replaced with suite lounges on the newer/remodeled ships. Different words to make it clear it’s accessible to suites guests only. And probably pinnacles when covid is under control. Diamond plus will probably never be able to use the suite/ concierge lounges without being in suite on that cruise.   

• Like 1

I am not going to quote specific posts, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE:

If you are getting a discount on a specialty restaurant, PLEASE tip on the entire regularly-charged amount AT THE VERY MINIMUM.  You should never just tip on the half price or whatever you are getting.  That's completely standard behavior, in case you didn't know.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jshli said:

The 4 drinks per day can be used at any time, except for the Diamond Lounge? 

The four drinks are at ANY venue.  No more "free" drinks in the Diamond Lounge -- they count against your four drink limit.

Can it be used in the dining room during dinner?

Yes, the four drinks are from literally any bar.

Didn’t Royal on past cruises give 1 free bag of laundry and 1 free item to be dry cleaned. If so, this is definitely a downgrade of Diamond tier status perks as well as a large increase in the cost of a bag of laundry.

Diamonds never got free laundry -- just a discount price on a bag of laundry.  And the "all you can stuff in it" bag has always been $34.99, no large increase in price.  Are you maybe thinking of a different cruise line?