DIAMOND PLUS - WELCOME BENIFITS LETTER IN CABIN

Hey everyone, 

Are there any Diamond Plus members that can send me (or post here) a copy of the letter they received in their cabin about benefits on current sailings?

I know its 5 drinks for DP,  but someone said there is a BOGO for chops ?

would just like to see what we can expect, cruising on the adventure in 3 weeks!

Thanks,

Mike 

34 minutes ago, mike60707 said:

Hey everyone, 

Are there any Diamond Plus members that can send me (or post here) a copy of the letter they received in their cabin about benefits on current sailings?

I know its 5 drinks for DP,  but someone said there is a BOGO for chops ?

would just like to see what we can expect, cruising on the adventure in 3 weeks!

Thanks,

Mike 

If you dont get one before, we are on Independence on Sunday and I will send what we get on board. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, discru said:

Can the 50% off any 2 glasses of wine, beer or soda "throughout your sailing"... be used more than once, throughout your sailing?    The "throughout your sailing" is  throwing me off....

As usual Royal doesn't quite spell things out great. I believe its 50% off any 2 glass of wine per sailing. 

Edited by bajathree
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, discru said:

Can the 50% off any 2 glasses of wine, beer or soda "throughout your sailing"... be used more than once, throughout your sailing?    The "throughout your sailing" is  throwing me off....

4 minutes ago, bajathree said:

As usual Royal doesn't quite spell things out great. I believe its 50% off any 2 glass of wine per sailing. 

Yes, you only get to use it 2 times your entire cruise, but you can use it at any time during your cruise.  (unlike, say, the BOGO specialty restaurant perk, which is intended to be used on the first night)

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I’m guessing the free 34.99 wash and fold bag is per member and not per cabin?

Not valid on the 3-4 night Trips. Not sure which applies.That benefit would come in handy per person on 10-11 night trips, especially with 2 D+ in a cabin.

The 4 drinks per day can be used at any time, except for the Diamond Lounge? 

Can it be used in the dining room during dinner?
Didn’t Royal on past cruises give 1 free bag of laundry and 1 free item to be dry cleaned. If so, this is definitely a downgrade of Diamond tier status perks as well as a large increase in the cost of a bag of laundry.

8 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

Yes, but you have to buy them both on Day 1, it is my understanding.

In reality, what you are doing is making your reservations on day one. You don't actually "buy" the dinner until you actually eat the dinner. Depending on ship/pre-reservations, etc. you may be able to use the vouchers for nights other than the first or second night. We always ask for reservations later in the week, and it has been about 50/50 whether they accommodate us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, orville99 said:

In reality, what you are doing is making your reservations on day one. You don't actually "buy" the dinner until you actually eat the dinner. Depending on ship/pre-reservations, etc. you may be able to use the vouchers for nights other than the first or second night. We always ask for reservations later in the week, and it has been about 50/50 whether they accommodate us.

Thanks for the clarification! If that is the case then would you expect to have an additional 18% added for gratuities? 

15 minutes ago, CruiszBug said:

Thanks for the clarification! If that is the case then would you expect to have an additional 18% added for gratuities? 

Yes, the 18% never goes away, but if I remember correctly, it is only calculated on what you actually pay, not on the "free" meal.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1