Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

Trieste IT
Rotterdam

0813NAmerica.thumb.png.244d264b597f6d8e7e647fe5966ffad4.png

0813Europe.thumb.png.a927063723a58f48481ea4eb7def9821.png

• Like 32
  • Thanks 5

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

I'm not too superstitious so I don't think anything bad will happen today.🤞  My dad and my brother are both lefties  so I will celebrate them.  Too many people blame someone else instead of admitting their own mistakes and learning from them.

Very amusing quote from Groucho.

Interesting meal suggestion, looking forward to seeing the recipe.  Hope the drink of the day and wine are good too.

I've never been to Mexico, so I hope there will be lots of pictures.

It's hot and humid here, so I don't think I'll do anything strenuous.

Prayers for us all.

Stay safe.

• Like 22

Happy Friday everyone and thanks for today’s report. I won’t be blaming anyone for anything. Hope everyone’s Friday the 13th is uneventful. I can’t do anything with my left hand and am impressed by those that can. Funny quote by Marx.  I haven’t been to today’s port and can’t wait to see the photos.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event today. 

• Like 21

Good morning all - TGIF!!

Someone else had said today was Left Handed Day and I wasn't sure if I could believe that - but I've seen it here on the Daily so it must be true!  Nice to have a day for all us southpaws!  It's also my daughter's birthday today - a milestone 30, but a day I still remember like it was yesterday.

Love penne, but never heard of Spinach Sauce.  I'm guessing it may pair well with today's Chardonnay.

Visited Mazatlan twice in my life - my very first cruise was the 'Mexican Riviera' and I recall a group of us leaving the ship to find Senor Frog's, this 'mythical place' that so many had talked about.  Lost track of time and barely made it back to the ship on-time...this was back in the day when the only thing we needed to have to get back on the ship was our Carnival button on our shirt.  How things have changed.

Most recent visit was on Eurodam in October 2019.  Hubby and I used that port day as a 'sea day' and enjoyed our cabana on board (I may have been at the spa too!).  

Thinking of all on the care list...hope everyone has a good day today!

• Like 20

Thank you for the Friday Daily, Rich.  It's a mixed bag for left handers.  I'm hoping Friday the 13th will be lucky with my new cardiologist.  I'm happy to blame things on someone else.  I love the Marx quote.  I have not been to Mazatlan.  The meal sounds nice.  My alternative is Apple, Pear, and Cucumber Salad, Roasted Rack of Veal with Prosciutto and Sage, and Almond and Orange Cake A La Mode as I might have chosen on the Grand Dame August 13, 1997.

Today’s care list:

RIP Frederick Fire Captaiin Josh Laird, Last Alarm 8/11/21
Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires    
Mr Boston’s DSIL with aggressive abdominal cancer
Vict0riann’s friends lost in traffic accident
Copeland and Brenda with breakthrough Covid
From the rotation:
NextOne DDIL with long haul Covid
Scout Jamie C recovering from major surgery

Celebrations and Shoutouts

Front Line Health Care Workers
Aliaschief, bobpatj, and Copper10_8 on a BHB
Tana out of the hospital
Debbie off to Michigan Ger_77's family visit
1 day for Boytje
A good day for Ketchikan
An upgrade for Sharon
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4

Good morning, everyone.

The car is packed and I am ready to roll this morning.  Hopefully I'll be early and miss most of the heavy traffic north in Michigan.  

Today's meal is one I would probably enjoy, but need to steer clear of.  The pasta is too carb heavy and the spinach is too high in oxalates which cause kidney stones.  Three of those were three too many.  But, I hope others can enjoy it.  It does look really good.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/penne-with-spinach-sauce-recipe-1944910

1066435342_PennewithSpinachSauce.jpeg.dc4ce5043f42d58b958716eb215f2deb.jpeg

I hope everyone's day is great!!   

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.    LOL'd at the Blame someone else.  It seems "I didn't do it" and "Not me" are childhood favorite sayings.  Today is just another day and when I was in 6th grade I injured my right wrist and my teacher made me use my left.  I got pretty good at both for awhile.  I have heard the Marx quote all my life.  The meal sounds and looks great.  We've also been to Mazatlan several times, will post photo's from my iPad.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.  Happy Birthday to @msmayor's daughter.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Jungle Juice:

Serve in a Collins Glass
Garnish:  Orange Slice

How to make:  Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into ice filled glass.

1 fl oz        Vodka
1 fl oz        Light Rum
1/2 fl oz    Triple sec liqueur (40%)
1 fl oz        Cranberry juice
1 fl oz        Orange juice (freshly squeezed)
1 fl oz        Pineapple juice (fresh pressed)
3/4 fl oz    Lime juice (freshly squeezed)
1/4 fl oz    Sugar syrup (rich) 2 sugar to 1 water

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 7.07.57 AM.png

Edited by summer slope
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our TGIF smile 🙂 

Friday the 13th has always made me nervous even though it’s just another day.  Hopefully it brings good luck to everyone here 🤞 

6865B337-F403-4D37-867B-51195185D04A.thumb.jpeg.ccb0fee8417e82a42ae28e3c0f792114.jpeg

Yay on Left Handers day.  My mother switched me to my right when I was young (remember those days?) for writing but my left is my primary for most things.  There’s enough people that blame others without having a day for it.

29440A84-A2EF-407B-8DA2-CFE21A358A82.jpeg.910ced32d63d41be97d6de0859f69be5.jpeg

I’ve always loved that Groucho Marx quote 😄.  The meal suggestion sounds good but spinach is a no no for DH so it will be something else.

@dfishsafe travels today - hope you enjoy your visit 🤞 

@msmayora very happy birthday to your daughter 🎂 

@rafinmd i hope today brings you nothing but good luck with your cardiologist 🤞 

The dahlias are trying to cheer me up and have started to bloom

E9A229D1-C171-4FE2-A47C-8859D1883890.thumb.jpeg.c48d5242dd53116fb7395d0efec54037.jpeg

They are in all shapes and sizes:

DBD2A40A-ADD0-407A-A207-9699B84EC99B.thumb.jpeg.edd67cd2736fd6d804687b346c27d763.jpeg

B0D75023-E7CC-4460-82D0-37A3DC018EC5.thumb.jpeg.b4622aa3943a942743d7b5abeb2027c4.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Friday the 13th everyone!!!

F67BFB18-C9F6-4493-9C51-AE68E574EBE4.jpeg.29437a05ff35784be38334fe05ec2303.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, msmayor said:

Good morning all - TGIF!!

Someone else had said today was Left Handed Day and I wasn't sure if I could believe that - but I've seen it here on the Daily so it must be true!  Nice to have a day for all us southpaws!  It's also my daughter's birthday today - a milestone 30, but a day I still remember like it was yesterday.

Love penne, but never heard of Spinach Sauce.  I'm guessing it may pair well with today's Chardonnay.

Visited Mazatlan twice in my life - my very first cruise was the 'Mexican Riviera' and I recall a group of us leaving the ship to find Senor Frog's, this 'mythical place' that so many had talked about.  Lost track of time and barely made it back to the ship on-time...this was back in the day when the only thing we needed to have to get back on the ship was our Carnival button on our shirt.  How things have changed.

Most recent visit was on Eurodam in October 2019.  Hubby and I used that port day as a 'sea day' and enjoyed our cabana on board (I may have been at the spa too!).  

Thinking of all on the care list...hope everyone has a good day today!

Happy 30th birthday for your lovely daughter.

I hope she has a fantastic day.

Graham.

• Like 16

Good morning everyone. I am happy to celebrate leftbhanded day since  i am.
I didn’t realize it till late in the day, but yesterday marked 6/years since my grandson Matthew lost his mother.In  her short life,, 39:years,  Staci left a wonderful legacy. Besides being a PHD in social work, a professor, and a mom, she worked tirelessly for homeless children and their families.

Today I finally buy my car off lease which I was supposed to do the day after Sam had his stroke.

Stay safe out there. This Delta variant is scary.

Carol

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon on a sunny 70°F day here and many thanks to Rich and Roy for their daily efforts in keeping this thread excellent.

Pauline was born on the 13th so it is lucky for us both.

Friday the 13th is usually a day I don't like being superstitious.

Pauline always blames me so I can associate with that saying.

Penne pasta is nice but not sure about spinach sauce.

We have not been to today's port but we stopped in Ensanada Mexico at the end of our Hawaiian cruise for the day.

Prayers to everyone on the care list.

Wishing everyone a most wonderful day.

Graham.

• Like 19

Happy Friday the 13th!  I know we have superstitions about it but for us it's a good day!  Like @msmayor's daughter, today is my DH's birthday!  Not only was he born on a Friday (the 13th!) but he is also left handed so we always celebrate on August 13th.  We're going to pick up some ribs for dinner, I'll make a cake and some potato salad, and we won't forget the wine!

@dfishhave a good, safe drive to Michigan and have a wonderful visit with the family.  

My 19 year old DGD is heading to Tampa today from Ohio to get ready for the start of her second year at U. of South Florida.  Hoping she has a safe drive and a good start to this school year.

Thanks for the Daily today Rich and to Roy thanks for the lists.  Prayers for all on the Care list especially my neighbors.  I will check in on them again (by phone not personally yet).  Congrats to those celebrating a happy event.  

@kazuyour flowers are gorgeous as usual.  Thanks for the photos.

We've only been to Mazatlan twice, once on the Regal Princess in 2005 on a Mexican Riviera cruise.  The second time on the Westerdam in 2016 as part of our Panama Canal cruise.  I'm sure the better photos are from the second trip so I'll check on that.  

Have a great Friday the 13th everyone!

• Like 23

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Happy Friday the 13th!  I know we have superstitions about it but for us it's a good day!  Like @msmayor's daughter, today is my DH's birthday!  Not only was he born on a Friday (the 13th!) but he is also left handed so we always celebrate on August 13th.  We're going to pick up some ribs for dinner, I'll make a cake and some potato salad, and we won't forget the wine!

@dfishhave a good, safe drive to Michigan and have a wonderful visit with the family.  

My 19 year old DGD is heading to Tampa today from Ohio to get ready for the start of her second year at U. of South Florida.  Hoping she has a safe drive and a good start to this school year.

Thanks for the Daily today Rich and to Roy thanks for the lists.  Prayers for all on the Care list especially my neighbors.  I will check in on them again (by phone not personally yet).  Congrats to those celebrating a happy event.  

@kazuyour flowers are gorgeous as usual.  Thanks for the photos.

We've only been to Mazatlan twice, once on the Regal Princess in 2005 on a Mexican Riviera cruise.  The second time on the Westerdam in 2016 as part of our Panama Canal cruise.  I'm sure the better photos are from the second trip so I'll check on that.  

Have a great Friday the 13th everyone!

Happy birthday wishes for your husband today Sandi.

• Like 13

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Hope you enjoyed your day yesterday. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy. Morning Dailyite family!
The meal sounds amazing. And is Jungle juice related to Grandma juice?

Safe travels @dfish, Debbie enjoy that family time!

Hope your new cardiologist is a keeper, Roy/ @rafinmd

@msmayor Happy Birthday to your DD!

@StLouisCruisers Happy Birthday to your DH!

@ger_77 Wish I had been there to wave back at the little one!

Not much planned for the day. My travel insurance company notified me this morning that they have approved my claim and will be fully reimbursed. It has been just over three weeks since I filed the claim! Woo hoo! This evening I am having friends over for a dim sum style meal.  I am trying out a new KN95 mask at Aldi today - it has a nose “clip” that you press together after putting on the mask -  it keeps the top of the mask close to your face. I need to get stickers or something to decorate the stark whiteness of these masks. Perhaps a BHB and some ocean waves. 😎

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Grgich Hills Chardonnay 

All released vintages of this amazing wine share the same excellent ratings, so I chose the 2018 for price and reviews. It should be available locally. Lots of online distributors with prices starting at $31.99.

Winemaker Notes

This gorgeous Chardonnay opens with fresh, citrus aromas of Meyer lemon and lime followed by juicy, ripe peach, with underlying notes of honeysuckle, herbs, and vanilla. The 2018 vintage showed above-average natural acids in the wines, which, along with lower sugar levels, make the 2018 vintage of white wines exceptionally fresh and vibrant. Take a sip, and you’ll find that this 2018 Chardonnay, Napa Valley exhibits an extraordinary balance of citrus fruit on the front palate with minerality and depth of flavors on the mid-palate. The aftertaste is harmonious and lingers well beyond expectation. 

WW94 Wilfred Wong of Wine.com: The 2018 Grgich Hills Estate Chardonnay is stylish, compelling, and pure.This wine exhibits classic aromas and flavors of dried apples, herbs, earth, and light oaky notes. 

RP92 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate: The 2018 Chardonnay bursts from the glass with intense scents of white peaches, lemon curd, fresh grapefruit and lime blossoms with hints of sea spray and toasted almonds. The medium-bodied palate is wonderfully crisp and intense, with bags of citrus fruit and a satiny texture to counter all that vivacity, finishing long and minerally.

JS92 James Suckling: Aromas of honeysuckle, nectarine, crushed stones and toasted hazelnut. Hint of white pepper. It’s full-bodied and creamy with crisp acidity. Dense and concentrated with a toasty, flinty finish. From organically grown grapes. Drink or hold.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 23