Harmony of the Seas

8 hours ago, steamboats said:

Spain has a strict 10 day quarantine. No way you can take your car and drive back home.

Might be different for Civitavecchia. I read a couple of reports that cruise passengers were either driven home by private car or were brought to their embarkation location where they were allowed to pick up their own car and drive back home (no stops allowed).

I can only recommend to take a self test prior to departure. That minimizes the risk that the test prior to embarkation is positive (still can happen). The embarkation test is an Antigen test. If that one is positive you are retested with a PCR test.

steamboats

Yeah, we are worried about that.

The risk of getting sick is really low if you are vaccinated. But the chance of being tested positive is not negligible. Then, you might end up in some crappy quarantine hotel in Spain for 10 days? Sounds like a nightmare to me. 😪

Back on a bus in a traffic jam, so sometime to give you info.

The daily temperature checks are made daily by the cabin steward.

On day 1 he told us they would start next day between 8AM and noon. We told him to show at 9AM. At 9:05 we called and someone sent him. We re-booked for next day at 9:30 and he was right on time.

Today, we got out of the room before 8 for the antigen test and the tour... Still out of the boat... No temperature check but negative-antigen test.

15 hours ago, andreasfcb said:

The risk of getting sick is really low if you are vaccinated. But the chance of being tested positive is not negligible. Then, you might end up in some crappy quarantine hotel in Spain for 10 days? Sounds like a nightmare to me. 😪

For the test at embarkation in Barcelona... it might be a good idea to do a self test at home prior to driving to Barcelona.

steamboats

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steamboats said:

For the test at embarkation in Barcelona... it might be a good idea to do a self test at home prior to driving to Barcelona.

steamboats

Totally agree and this is what we are going to do. While it still doesn't give you an iron clad guarantee that you won't test positive at the port,  at least it reduces the risk and if it comes back positive you simply cancel the trip and stay at home.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, steamboats said:

steamboats

We did home tests today in readiness for our departure on Harmony this Sunday. We’re flying to Barcelona on Saturday morning, however, as we’re both fully vaccinated tests are not required to fly from the UK to Spain. Didn’t want to risk getting there, testing positive at the port then having to quarantine over there.

• Like 1

Hey guys

I am reading (on royalcaribbean.com) that there is no re-entry test required for Rome, only for Barcelona. Can anyone confirm that?

I saw in this thread that all passengers had to get tested even for simple shore excursions due to policy changes of Italy. What about the re-entry – is the information on the Royal page outdated?

• Host Kat changed the title to Harmony of the Seas
1 hour ago, Sianli said:

I see Grease is being performed on Harmony in these weeks planner!!! One more week for us.

Are you onboard today and could possibly also take snapshots of the Cruise Compass?

Edited by Fredrik
Spelling

2 hours ago, Sianli said:

I see Grease is being performed on Harmony in these weeks planner!!! One more week for us.

Where did you see that? I cant see it in the royal app, but that might also be because we board from Rome and thus the app is always saying 'we're working on the fun'

Edit: found it, day 4 on the current sailing. But the aqua show seems to be gone now... 😞

Edited by Eragon666

1 hour ago, Eragon666 said:

Where did you see that? I cant see it in the royal app, but that might also be because we board from Rome and thus the app is always saying 'we're working on the fun'

Edit: found it, day 4 on the current sailing. But the aqua show seems to be gone now... 😞

Wow, I learned something new today, I have the app fixed on my sailing and I didn’t think you could access other sailings. I switched to today’s day 1 from Barcelona and it looks like the Heist is still first night at 22:30.

35 minutes ago, Fredrik said:

Wow, I learned something new today, I have the app fixed on my sailing and I didn’t think you could access other sailings. I switched to today’s day 1 from Barcelona and it looks like the Heist is still first night at 22:30.

Yes I have been following the current sailings planners.

Hope you all have great cruises.

We loved ours.

The fact that were so few passengers onboard is a big plus and if anyone is in the doubt of cruising in these times don't hesitate. 

CoViD measures are in place and are generally respected.

Shore excursions (we did 2) are just for those who really want to go out. The relation quality-price is even worse with CoViD.