Harmony of the Seas

Hi! 

I will cruise next sunday 3rd Oct and just wondering the prices of beverage packages. 

Deluxe or refreshment... Is there any special discount for those? 

And what about specialty restaurants? 

Is there any package for those? Just counting my budget 😉

In RC app doesn't have any mention about shows, there will be some? 

Any other solo travellers boarding next sunday? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tanya_from_FI said:

Hi! 

I will cruise next sunday 3rd Oct and just wondering the prices of beverage packages. 

I believe the shows only get loaded into the app closer to the time. You could take a look at the current week on the app to see what is offered (obviously, there may be some changes next week but it probably will be similar). 

I will also be travelling solo but not boarding until Thursday next in Rome.

1 minute ago, Twolittleboys said:

I believe the shows only get loaded into the app closer to the time. You could take a look at the current week on the app to see what is offered (obviously, there may be some changes next week but it probably will be similar). 

Just curious of the prices on the cruise at the moment. Was there some special discount when boarding? 

11 minutes ago, Tanya_from_FI said:

Just curious of the prices on the cruise at the moment. Was there some special discount when boarding? 

Not sure what you mean? I am not on the ship yet, getting on next Thursday, so I do not know about discounts at boarding. If you are refering to the app, I just changed the week I look at so I can see the current schedule (even though I won't be on until the 7th). Let me know if I misunderstood your question though.

9 hours ago, BigRoger said:

Yep we got the feeling that RC actually don’t want people to get off but feel obliged to offer something at each port (and then are disincentivising people going on the tours through pricing - and if too few end up booking the tour gets cancelled…).

I understand why though because the last thing they want is a press story about ‘Covid rampant’ when in reality it might be a couple of people who went on a tour…. They rightly want the stats that shows how many people have sailed and how many cases were found on board to ‘prove’ effectiveness of protocols…..

If that were the case, would it not also apply to Spain? 

22 hours ago, FionaMG said:

@turboless, I checked with Guest Services and it is not possible to leave teens under the age of 18 on board by themselves as someone of legal age is required to be available to take responsibility/sign consent forms in the event of a medical emergency.

The reason it is permitted for younger kids is because, unlike the teens, they have to be signed in and out and when you do that you give that authority to the youth staff to act on your behalf.

However, if you were travelling with other adults who were not getting off, you could sign authority over to them.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Fiona, looks like maybe me and my wife will tag team getting off the ship individually, unless we make friends or realise we know some people on board and sign over our kids over to them which is probably unlikely 

• Like 1

I believe every morning people get temperature checked by their room attendant or maybe that was on a US cruise?

We have 2 guaranteed cabins (2 adults and 2 teenagers) which could end up being on different decks, etc. and will probably swap around who stays in what rooms, when the temperature check takes place would we have to return to our official rooms or are the attendants just happy to say cabin 123 has been checked?

21 hours ago, Tanya_from_FI said:

Hi! 

The shows are only populating in the app on the day of sailing and you need to be connected to the ship's wifi to be able to book them. I have the list for the current sailing in my cabin so when I go back down there I will post a photo for you.

I have not seen anything at all about speciality dining packages and nobody has approached us on board to try and sell us any, so I guess they will just be at the normal prices.

We have our diamond drinks, so I didn't pay attention to the beverage packages when we boarded but I will check and see if there is any mention of them in the day one compass.

2 hours ago, turboless said:

I believe every morning people get temperature checked by their room attendant or maybe that was on a US cruise?

We have 2 guaranteed cabins (2 adults and 2 teenagers) which could end up being on different decks, etc. and will probably swap around who stays in what rooms, when the temperature check takes place would we have to return to our official rooms or are the attendants just happy to say cabin 123 has been checked?

Temperature checks are supposed to be in the morning but if you miss the stateroom attendant at that time it can be done during their evening hours instead. 

I don't know how it would work if you're switching rooms. I'll try and ask our cabin attendant about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eragon666 said:

What is the current occupancy on Harmony? I read somewhere that it's +/- 2000 guests currently?

It was 1200 before Civitavecchia. I don't know how many new passengers joined there but it feels busier.

42 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

Hi folks -has anyone else on the TA on this thread received the email from RC this afternoon?

What does it say? Do you still want me to ask about Europeans on the TA or does it not matter anymore?

Guest BigRoger
24 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

What does it say? Do you still want me to ask about Europeans on the TA or does it not matter anymore?

Hi it essentially says it’s being changed to a 13 day cruise with an extra day before Malaga and a trip to Nassau before it gets to US… but please please still ask because we trust everything so little right now that we fear it should only have gone to US citizens! I will post the full email a little later on….

1 minute ago, BigRoger said:

Hi it essentially says it’s being changed to a 13 day cruise with an extra day before Malaga and a trip to Nassau before it gets to US… but please please still ask because we trust everything so little right now that we fear it should only have gone to US citizens! I will post the full email a little later on….

Okidoki, will do.

1 hour ago, Twolittleboys said:

Does anyone currently (or recently) on board know if we can eat at Chops on embarcation day (Rome) with the unlimited dining plan? If yes, do you just go there when you board and ask to be seated?

Chops was open for lunch in Civitavecchia, from noon to 1.30 pm. I don't know about the UDP, I'm afraid.

3 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Temperature checks are supposed to be in the morning but if you miss the stateroom attendant at that time it can be done during their evening hours instead.

We were on Harmony a couple of weeks ago and missed our temp check one morning as we left the cabin earlier than usual. We were having an afternoon nap later on when GS rang and advised that our attendant would be there shortly to do it. Whilst not being ‘told off’ exactly,  I certainly got the impression it is preferred that the checks are done in the morning. 

Guest BigRoger

As promised….. cautious optimism….

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

As some of our ships make their way back into the U.S. for the first time since returning to service, they’ll need to undergo additional inspections and implement our health and safety protocols. As a result, we must end our October 31, 2021 Harmony of the Seassailing a day earlier than planned to complete this inspection - we’ll visit Malaga, Spain a day later, and we’ve added a new visit to Nassau, Bahamas.

We know how much time and effort go into planning your vacation, and we’re sorry for the impact to your cruise. Your vacation is important to us, along with the flexibility to make the best decision for you and those in your party. Below, we’ve outlined some options and a few additional details.

Option 1: Stay on the new 13-night Spanish Transatlantic itinerary onboard Harmony of the Seas

Date

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

10/31/21

Sun

Barcelona, Spain

5:00 PM

11/01/21

Mon

Cruising

11/02/21

Tue

Cruising

11/03/21

Wed

Malaga, Spain

7:00 AM

6:00 PM

11/04/21

Thu

Cruising

11/05/21

Fri

Cruising

11/06/21

Sat

Cruising

11/07/21

Sun

Cruising

11/08/21

Mon

Cruising

11/09/21

Tue

Cruising

11/10/21

Wed

Cruising

11/11/21

Thu

Nassau, Bahamas

11:00 AM

7:00 PM

11/12/21

Fri

Cruising

11/13/21

Sat

Port Canaveral, Florida

5:00 AM

• Beginning October 15th, 2021, we’ll automatically move you to the Harmony of the Seas sailing debarking a day earlier than your original cruise. So, there’s nothing for you to do! 
  • Your cruise fare will be reduced by one day. You can expect to receive the refund for this amount (excluding taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items) to your original form of payment within 30 days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution. 
    • Any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions booked for Malaga, Spain will automatically be changed to the new date. Your updated tour information will be e-mailed to you after we’ve moved your reservation. Then, don’t forget to browse Cruise Plannerto explore the exciting options available for Nassau, Bahamas! 
  • To sweeten the offer, you’ll receive a credit to spend onboard per stateroom:
    • $100 USD for Interior, Ocean View, and Balcony staterooms | $200 USD for Suites
    • Plus, an additional $50 USD for each third or more guest
  • If you booked your flights through us, we will automatically reschedule you for the new departure day.
  • And, if you arranged flights independently, you’ll also be reimbursed for non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 USD per guest for Domestic flights or up to $400 USD per guest for International flights).
  • Lastly, we’ll send an updated invoice to the email address on file as soon as the reservation has been completely updated with the pricing fully adjusted.

Please note: If you select Option 1, please know that due to the length of this sailing and the number of consecutive days at sea, only fully vaccinated guests will be able to sail. To be considered fully vaccinated, the last dose of your vaccine must be received no less than 14 days prior to sailing. Regrettably, unvaccinated children are unable to join us on this sailing.

Additionally, since our sailing ends in the United States, we are only accepting vaccinations that are approved by the U.S. FDA and the WHO, click here to learn more. Lastly, stay informed and up-to-date on all health protocols and visit RoyalCaribbean.com/Health.

Option 2: Select a 100% Refund

If you prefer a full refund, we’re happy to process this for you. You have until October 14th, 2021 to request a refund. 

• Please contact us to start the refund to your original form(s) of payment, which will include any non-refundable deposits.
  • You can expect to receive your refund 30 days after you submit your refund request.
  • Please note: If you used a Cruise with Confidence certificate on this sailing and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original Cruise with Confidence certificate.

It’s important to us that you find the best cruise option. Please call us at 888-281-9344 or contact your Travel Advisor by October 14th, 2021 to let us know your decision. And please know, hold times may be longer than usual. We’ll process your request by October 15th, 2021. If we haven’t heard from you by October 14th, 2021, your reservation will remain on our 13-night sailing onboard Harmony of the Seas.

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor or contact us at:

• 1 888 281 9344 in the U.S.
  • 1 800 754 500 in Australia 
  • In the UK only, by using our webchat service or by calling 0344 493 4005

Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or looking to explore, relax, and recharge, we have no doubt your time with us will be nothing short of amazing. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely, 

Image did not load.