Guarantee Stateroom Allocation -

Shone216

49 minutes ago, Shone216 said:

Can anyone tell me when we are likely to get advised of our room number…sailing 28/9 from Southampton 

It can be between now and the morning of sailing. Generally, they don't show up later than the day before. I'm still waiting for my cabin assignment on next Sunday's cruise (22/8) on the Majestic from Seattle. Keep signing in to the Princess website and checking on the Cruise Personalizer. 

We were on Regal Princess, first seacation  from Southampton 31st July and we received our stateroom number during the Euro Finals on Sunday 11th July. I remember it well as it was the only thing I was excited about! 

we are on the 1st of Sept sailing on Regal (16 days till we sail) and we ae still waiting. 

I did read somewhere on here that said the writer had to wait till 7 days till sail day before they got theirs. 

Me i'm checking everyday on the off chance it quicker.

We were on the last sailing of Pacific Princess before the shutdown.  We received our cabin number (I think) about 1 week prior to sailing.  This was the first time I had ever booked a gty cabin.

On another note...We sure do miss the Pacific Princess!  That was the first time we had been on her but had decided that it was our favorite ship!  Really liked the smaller size (675 pax).  I know we can still sail her via Azamara...but it's just not the same.

• Like 3

We have just got off regal and got the stateroom allocation about 10 days before our sail date, but are on sky on the 30th and got our stateroom allocation last week, so don't think there's any set times

• Like 1

We booked yesterday for 24th August and were allocated this morning, so they were very quick in our case. Couldn't resist the call of the sea after being stuck ashore since Christmas 2019. Hopefully the restart of many great cruises.

I received my cabin assignment this afternoon for Sunday's cruise. I'm happy with it. I got a slight upgrade--from the lowest category of inside cabin to the highest. It's a great location near the middle of the ship on the Dolphin Deck. The best news is that it's a cabin for two and not for four. I would be trying to change it if I had one of the cabins with the upper berths sticking out from the walls. 

• Like 2

mine has been allocated today M105. Not particularly happy as was told the wrong things by the person when we booked the cruise and am currently awaiting princess to contact us. We've ended up with obstructed view balcony which we won't be able to open on a sea day. On a staycation with 3 days at sea that's pretty pants 😞

2 hours ago, britichick said:

mine has been allocated today M105. Not particularly happy as was told the wrong things by the person when we booked the cruise and am currently awaiting princess to contact us. We've ended up with obstructed view balcony which we won't be able to open on a sea day. On a staycation with 3 days at sea that's pretty pants 😞

You can open the door and go out to the balcony...it will just be windy (from a lot to a little depending on the speed of the ship).

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

What is the origin of 'pants'. I guess it means 'not good' but cannot see any connection.

From The Online Slang Dictionary -
pants adj 1. inadequate, displeasing, or of poor quality. Possible origin: underwear, called "pants" in Brit

1 hour ago, debsjc said:

From The Online Slang Dictionary -
pants adj 1. inadequate, displeasing, or of poor quality. Possible origin: underwear, called "pants" in Brit

Thanks - I am still none the wiser 🙂

• Haha 1