Questions for Alaskan Cruisers (on Millennium)

itzfitz

To all those who have been on board the Millennium Alaska sailings, what is appropriate attire for the daytime sea days?  I'm having a hard time figuring out what to pack  for the sea days.  Are jeans acceptable?  Comfy jogging pants?  How cool is it inside the ship?  Any suggestions would be most appreciated.  By the way, I am female but would also like to know for my husband!

12 minutes ago, itzfitz said:

To all those who have been on board the Millennium Alaska sailings, what is appropriate attire for the daytime sea days?  I'm having a hard time figuring out what to pack  for the sea days.  Are jeans acceptable?  Comfy jogging pants?  How cool is it inside the ship?  Any suggestions would be most appreciated.  By the way, I am female but would also like to know for my husband!

What was interesting  was a notation that the dress code was long sleeve shirts for men in the dining rooms.  I wore short sleeve shirts  at dinner and there were no issues.  Dress is more casual on Alaskan cruises as compared to other destinations.  Key during the day is to dress in layers as there can be a fluctuation in temperatures.  Bring waterproof shoes and rain gear.  

On the 2nd cruise to Alaska in July.  Agree that jeans are perfectly fine.  That's all I took.  We don't eat in the dining room, but saw most people in casual attire and even when we used to go to specialty or main dining, dark jeans were always fine.

I found it a bit chilly in many places around the ship, especially Sky Lounge, where we loved sitting during the day and looking at the great scenery.  Wore long sleeves and even a sweater several times.

Bring a variety of layers.  We were on the 6 August sailing and needed everything from shorts (Seattle and first/last sea days) to winter hat (windy day in Skagway) to waterproof layer (Juneau).

Saw lots of short sleeves (polo shirts and a few t-shirts) in the dining room at night.  Chic night was a tad dressier (maybe a dress shirt and slacks).  Very few ties seen during our trip.

Our Alaskan cruise aboard the Millennium was the most casual cruise we have been on!  Definitely jeans, comfy pants, leggings during the day on the ship.  It was never warm enough (at least for us) to sit by the pool and actually was very chilly some days.  Instead of towels in the solarium and in some towel holders by the pool, they had blankets which we welcome.   Great cruise!

Despite the fact that we live in Alaska we have a done a number of Alaska itineraries.  And we have B2B cruises scheduled for the Millennium this coming September.

The dress on Alaska itineraries is always very casual, and that statement seems to be true for all of the mainstream cruise lines.  I don't plan on packing any dresses, and on evening chic night will wear a pair of nice slacks with a glittery top.  And wearing that I may feel over dressed.  

The only itinerary which we have been on which was even more casual was a cruise to Antarctica.

• Like 1