Gift card refunds

matymil

Has anyone been issued a refund via gift card recently and if so how long did it take? We cancelled a ship excursion that we paid for on a gift card about a month ago and still haven't gotten our reimbursement. Just wondering when to call? 

1 hour ago, matymil said:

Has anyone been issued a refund via gift card recently and if so how long did it take? We cancelled a ship excursion that we paid for on a gift card about a month ago and still haven't gotten our reimbursement. Just wondering when to call? 

Took less than 2 weeks.  Just came today via 2 day FedEx.  Had two 30.00 cancellations and they were each sent in their own envelope.  🤔🤔🤔

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Took less than 2 weeks.  Just came today via 2 day FedEx.  Had two 30.00 cancellations and they were each sent in their own envelope.  🤔🤔🤔

If I paid for part of my cruise with gift cards, am I issued gift cards for that part of the refund if I cancel the cruise?

1 hour ago, 3redheads said:

If I paid for part of my cruise with gift cards, am I issued gift cards for that part of the refund if I cancel the cruise?

Anything you pay using a gift card will be returned to a new gift card.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 3redheads said:

I had a couple show up last year but i honestly dont remember how long they took because it took awhile for my cruise to be officially cancelled because we pushed our sailing back. I dont know why they cant shoot you an email letting you know that its on its way? 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I've been searching the forums for more clarity on this. I had 2 excursions and FTTF cancelled between 9/2/2021 and 9/13/2021 and haven't received any gift cards (which is how I originally paid). I came back from the cruise on 10/9/2021 so it has been completed and still no gift card.

I called carnival and was transferred twice before I was disconnected. The last place I was transferred to was guestcare and they have a message listing their email so I have reached out that way since I didnt want to go thru transfer heII again. I mean I've waited this long. 

Almost 2 months seems like a long time. Anyone successfully tried any other methods or is this normal?

2 minutes ago, Scoreboard2017 said:

I've been searching the forums for more clarity on this. I had 2 excursions and FTTF cancelled between 9/2/2021 and 9/13/2021 and haven't received any gift cards (which is how I originally paid). I came back from the cruise on 10/9/2021 so it has been completed and still no gift card.

I called carnival and was transferred twice before I was disconnected. The last place I was transferred to was guestcare and they have a message listing their email so I have reached out that way since I didnt want to go thru transfer heII again. I mean I've waited this long. 

Almost 2 months seems like a long time. Anyone successfully tried any other methods or is this normal?

This is not normal.  I will say that I cancelled my pre-paid grats (to use OBC) and then spoke with Carnival regarding something else about 10 days later.  She noticed that my refund hadn't been processed, so she pushed it through.  I received the gift card in about 5 days I cancelled an excursion a couple of weeks ago and received my new gift cards in 2 days.  They all came FedEx.

• Like 1

Just now, Scoreboard2017 said:

You may have a similar problem to one I had a few years ago.  A cruise was canceled because my SO died, I moved, the former neighbor saw a Fed Ex delivery man at the old residence and told him I had moved.  After giving Carnival a few weeks to solve the issue on their own, I started calling.  It took months to straighten it out.  I believe Fed Ex probably tried to deliver it (signature required) while you were on the cruise.  I don’t have any other methods to tell you about (I just kept calling and asking for the date I should call them again if I hadn’t heard from them), but it might be helpful to suggest that delivery may have been attempted while you were gone.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

You may have a similar problem to one I had a few years ago.  A cruise was canceled because my SO died, I moved, the former neighbor saw a Fed Ex delivery man at the old residence and told him I had moved.  After giving Carnival a few weeks to solve the issue on their own, I started calling.  It took months to straighten it out.  I believe Fed Ex probably tried to deliver it (signature required) while you were on the cruise.  I don’t have any other methods to tell you about (I just kept calling and asking for the date I should call them again if I hadn’t heard from them), but it might be helpful to suggest that delivery may have been attempted while you were gone.

Thank you for the suggestion. I dont think thats it since I have cameras all around my house, my sister was at my house when we were on the cruise, and I have a FEDEX account and get text messages anytime I have a fedex arriving for me. But I welcome any help!

25 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

This is not normal.  I will say that I cancelled my pre-paid grats (to use OBC) and then spoke with Carnival regarding something else about 10 days later.  She noticed that my refund hadn't been processed, so she pushed it through.  I received the gift card in about 5 days I cancelled an excursion a couple of weeks ago and received my new gift cards in 2 days.  They all came FedEx.

I will see the response to my email and then if not satisfied I will call Carnival about a cruise I have booked for next year and see if that person can help me with a prior cruise.

It does seem like a long time.....

2 hours ago, reeinaz said:

Call the excursion department. I had to do that when I didn't get my gift cards after a month. I got them within 2 weeks after calling.

I had to do the same on my cruise that was cancelled at the beginning of Covid.  
The main customer service number couldn’t help. Finally got to the excursion folks and was told that my excursions did not have my address attached so they didn’t know where to send the gift cards. Not sure how true that is but I got the gift cards soon after. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Did you keep the used gift cards?  I was asked to give them the numbers so they could trace them.  

There is absolutely no reason to keep the used gift cards.  They are not reloadable.  I have no idea why Carnival would be asking for used gift card numbers from you.

11 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

There is absolutely no reason to keep the used gift cards.  They are not reloadable.  I have no idea why Carnival would be asking for used gift card numbers from you.

They asked for the numbers as part of their tracking process, to verify that they were used for the cruise that was canceled (and not refunded, because I did not receive the replacement cards).  It takes just a minute to put them in an envelope marked with the ship/date of the cruise, and even less to throw them away after the cruise.

13 hours ago, reeinaz said:

Call the excursion department. I had to do that when I didn't get my gift cards after a month. I got them within 2 weeks after calling.

Thanks! Great suggestion! I'll let you know how it goes.

Edited by Scoreboard2017

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up emailing shoreexcursions@carnival.com listing the excursions cancelled on me and the totals. I said they could credit my next carnival cruise that is booked in June or send me the gift cards. About a week later they emailed back and a week after that they credited my next cruise. Thanks for all the help. My next step was to call shore excursions directly as suggested and the would have worked but I like email.

On 11/12/2021 at 7:26 AM, Scoreboard2017 said:

I ended up emailing shoreexcursions@carnival.com listing the excursions cancelled on me and the totals. I said they could credit my next carnival cruise that is booked in June or send me the gift cards. About a week later they emailed back and a week after that they credited my next cruise. Thanks for all the help. My next step was to call shore excursions directly as suggested and the would have worked but I like email.

Hey thanks for the info. I had no idea there was an email. I ended up having to call for the first gift card but i had to cancel excursions for another cruise last month. One card i received quickly and the other one is well over a month now. I'll give it afew more weeks and then try the email. Thanks