Plan to go to greece and be on Celebrity Apex, but on the day of return they list 5:00 am on itinerary can i take flight at

jameslee

Plan to go to Greece and be on Celebrity Apex, but on the day of return they list 5:00 am on itinerary can i take flight at  9:30 AM or do you think it is cutting it too close? And when they say 5:00 AM how accurate is it usually

Edited by jameslee

1 hour ago, jameslee said:

Plan to go to Greece and be on Celebrity Apex, but on the day of return they list 5:00 am on itinerary can i take flight at  9:30 AM or do you think it is cutting it too close? And when they say 5:00 AM how accurate is it usually

That is arrival time at port, disembarkation usually starts around 7. With all the testing rewuirements it might be later and take longer. Athens Airport is also far away from Piraeus port. 9.30 is too early.

Originally I wanted to book a 10:30am return flight, but decided against anything before noon because it's just too risky and adds unnecessary stress to the end of my vacation.

I would recommend just staying one extra day in Athens if you want to fly out at 9:30.

We sailed on the Apex in July.  We had a 9:50.  We carried our luggage off and had a car service waiting at 6:30.  We made it in PLENTY of time.  We are still working so we don't have the luxury of unlimited time. We did have a back up plan if things did not work.  YMMV

I would never cut it that close.

But in order to give good advice about what kind of a flight does make sense, we would need to know much more from the OP.

Can you handle all your luggage without any assistance?

Are you flying back to the United States or within Europe? Or somewhere else?

First Class or economy?

Do you have status with the airline that would allow you to enter some shorter queue?

What would be the repercussions if you missed the flight? How much would you have to pay to fly standby on a later flight? What would be your plan B?