NFL fans. Interesting

Bases5

On 8/19/2021 at 11:00 AM, jerrya72 said:

I didn't realize until recently but I'll be on the Mardi Gras for the Super Bowl.  Can't wait!

Me too!!  Now what are the chances that my Bucs will be there again???  

• Like 2

Being a New Englander (now live in Florida) am still a Pat's fan..  with that being said I 

do follow the Buccaneers since the "goat" and Gronk is on the team. 

I booked a cruise on Super Bowl Sunday 2021 and of course it was delayed ..

Booked again for Super Bowl Sunday 2022... 

Wonder if the Buc's will play again (don't see Pat's doing it soon)

Nothing like watching a "football game vs formal night"  (yes I am a female..)

Let's hope we all can cruise !!!

Edited by rjrice1
  • Like 1

I’m a life long Bucs fan. Been there since the beginning, so I know a thing or two about futility. 
I would love to see a repeat but also am realistic of how hard that is. There are a lot of good teams out there. And like always injuries play a big part in a teams success. 
Go Bucs 

Edited by Bases5
  • Like 2

On 8/20/2021 at 3:51 PM, EngIceDave said:

We only seem to GAS about them and the Jets

Hey, this could be our year!  LOL  We lived in the Tampa Bay area (St. Pete) 1994 - 1996.  I repeatedly heard Bucs fans talk about getting to the playoffs and I did an eyeroll every time (hopefully only in my head and not overtly obvious).  It gives me hope for the Dolphins.  😂

23 hours ago, rjrice1 said:

Being a New Englander (now live in Florida) am still a Pat's fan..  with that being said I 

do follow the Buccaneers since the "goat" and Gronk is on the team. 

I booked a cruise on Super Bowl Sunday 2021 and of course it was delayed ..

Booked again for Super Bowl Sunday 2022... 

Wonder if the Buc's will play again (don't see Pat's doing it soon)

Nothing like watching a "football game vs formal night"  (yes I am a female..)

Let's hope we all can cruise !!!

I sure hope the Buc's repeat. Being a Pats fan but realizing that loosing Tom and Gronk was 2 of the worst moves ever made in Foxborough i cheer for the Buc's. Going to real interesting week 4 when the Buc's play the Pat's in Foxborough. Yes will be watching games on The Horizon Sept 13

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Computer Nerd said:

Yea, well I feel the same about the Dolphins. If you don't like me being a Redskin fan you can just move along and find yourself a safe space.

You feel the name of the Dolphins is racist and harkens back to the conquest of Native Americans?

(Because that was my point...)

I have no problem with you being a fan of the Washington Football Team.  I am not a fan of any particular team, lost interest in the NFL when the millionaires all went on strike to protest not getting enough money from the multi-millionaires (now billionaires, I imagine).  Most pro sports annoy me for that reason.

6 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

You feel the name of the Dolphins is racist and harkens back to the conquest of Native Americans?

(Because that was my point...)

I have no problem with you being a fan of the Washington Football Team.  I am not a fan of any particular team, lost interest in the NFL when the millionaires all went on strike to protest not getting enough money from the multi-millionaires (now billionaires, I imagine).  Most pro sports annoy me for that reason.

If you feel the names of the Redskins is racist, then you don't understand what the term racists means or  why the Redskins used the nickname for the team that was founded back in 1937. Both of those issues are your problems to deal with, not everyone else's.

I can just as easily state that using the Dolphins name for a football team shows dolphins in a bad light (they are friendly creatures and don't want to hurt others as what happens in football) but that would be just as stupid as thinking the Washington Redskins named themselves in an effort to be racist against Indians. We can all pull crap out of our butts if we try hard enough.

BTW, everything I own is from the Washington Redskins. I was born a Redskin fan and I'll die a Redskin fan. And I'll wear my Redskin merchandise any time I watch a game and that includes being on board a ship. If that bothers someone I suggest they move to another part of the area the game is being played, because again, that's their problem, not mine.

On 8/23/2021 at 9:06 AM, phoneman69 said:

I sure hope the Buc's repeat. Being a Pats fan but realizing that loosing Tom and Gronk was 2 of the worst moves ever made in Foxborough i cheer for the Buc's. Going to real interesting week 4 when the Buc's play the Pat's in Foxborough. Yes will be watching games on The Horizon Sept 13

On 8/23/2021 at 3:56 PM, Computer Nerd said:

If you feel the names of the Redskins is racist, then you don't understand what the term racists means or  why the Redskins used the nickname for the team that was founded back in 1937.

That's not correct.  The Redskins were called the Redskins before they moved from Boston.  Originally the Boston Braves, founded in 1932.  It was common practice early in the NFL to name the team's nickname after the established Major League Baseball team already established in the founding city (Boston Braves MLB team played at Braves Field).  When Marshall moved the team to Fenway Park he changed the name to Redskins.  The Boston Redskins played for the NFL championship in 1936, a year before they moved to Washington, D.C.

Walter “Blackie” Wetzel was the President of the National Congress of American Indians. He also is the person who 1) requested the Redskins put a Native American logo on their helmet, and 2) designed the Redskins helmet logo, based on a likeness of Chief Two Guns White Calf.  The logo was approved by Native Americans at that time. Bobby Blackfoot said, “Many of you have asked me about the original picture used for the Washington Redskins logo. Many elder Native Americans said they were so proud to see Chief Two Guns White Calf on the helmets, t-shirts and everywhere.  Shortly after the helmet logo was introduced in the early 1970's, a poll was taken of a variety of tribes.  96% said they did not find the Redskins name or helmet logo offensive.  It was only after the Redskins won their first Super Bowl that national protests about the name and logo began.  Sad but true.

I'm ok with The Redskins name becoming part of NFL history - the fight had become too ugly and it was awkward attending Redskins games and walking past the three or five protesters with megaphones.

Edited by IntrepidFromDC

8 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

That's not correct.  The Redskins were called the Redskins before they moved from Boston.  Originally the Boston Braves, founded in 1932.  It was common practice early in the NFL to name the team's nickname after the established Major League Baseball team already established in the founding city (Boston Braves MLB team played at Braves Field).  When Marshall moved the team to Fenway Park he changed the name to Redskins.  The Boston Redskins played for the NFL championship in 1936, a year before they moved to Washington, D.C.

Thank you for the correction. I guess I should have said the "Washington Redskins" was found back in 1937.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 8:52 AM, ProgRockCruiser said:

Well, that should be a huge relief to the folks that seem to constantly barrage Carnival/Mr. Heald with complaints about no NFL and/or no SuperBowl/playoffs.

But: not all games will be available, only the ones via the services noted (I assume it is not complete coverage of every single possible game).  So someone, somewhere, is going to complain that they can't watch the Topeka Muffinmakers play the Colorado Springs Discjockeys because it is being carried by the GPBN (Great Plains Broadcasting Network) and that is totally unfair!

My Sunday game ticket shows all the games so not sure why carnivals wouldn't?

1 hour ago, grumpyjr88 said:

My Sunday game ticket shows all the games so not sure why carnivals wouldn't?

I don't know the ship setup, but I have worked for a place that had sunday ticket before. At that place each TV didn't have it's own directv connection. We had receivers programmed to channels. If receiver 1 was channel 1 and I set receiver one to the Chargers vs. 49ers. Every TV in the place could see the Chargers vs. 49ers on channel 1. We did not have enough receivers to program all of the noon games. So I would always leave a bad team that nobody in the area cared about like the Jets out. I don't know the carnival setup but if that's how they have it, they can only show as many games as they have receivers.

• Thanks 1