COME SAIL AWAY... FINALLY! Live Review of NCL Encore Alaska 8/21-8/28

drumexpert510

9 hours ago, drumexpert510 said:

Dinner at Manhattan....

Well, I very much love the specialty dining options but everyone and then find ourselves in one of the MDRs. Tonight we were at Manhattan. 

First off, with reduced capacity on the ship, it was EMPTY in here. The staff was very attentive and were on top of everything.

The food however was ok. First, the French Onion was lacking and it was mostly on the cheese (see pics), the ratio to onions was also off (see pics). The pasta was good but I wouldn’t write home about it it. We got our dessert Togo (Boston Creme Pie), it looks good and I’m sure it’s hard to mess up BCP.

1EA112B6-0906-4D9B-BE6D-2CFBF2F0E568.jpeg

A91DC759-72BC-4773-A651-A4718CE59D79.jpeg

594628A4-BC0B-43C7-B503-A26E8C9BBE91.jpeg

7DFE009B-A5D3-4BD6-8642-715A89BF6467.jpeg

1E7052D2-44C8-4EAF-8232-4BC9EF393B1E.jpeg

0D05B2F5-982A-4F23-8745-84EFA9C54B80.jpeg

image.jpg

Someone doesn't like mushrooms lol

9 hours ago, drumexpert510 said:

If you have the chance to see this show, DO IT! If you  are tired, muscle through. If you have other plans, cancel them... go see this, you will not be disappointed. Also, for any of you onboard soon, they have Connor McGregor as a guest member of the cast!

👀 The mixed-martial-arts fighter? That's a flex...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Encore is back to GREEN status according to CDC cruise color code status.  I believe that means no reported covid cases (crew or passengers) for at least 7 days.  Way to go!!!  Great job NCL!

• Like 13

I think NCL needs to revise their port time for Icy Strait Point. This is the third week in a row they have been very late. The first week missing the port due to a medical evac was understandable, but there have been no such issues the last two weeks and yet they are still over two hours late. If they can't make it by 1 p.m. they should just acknowledge it and change the port times for future cruises so people can plan accordingly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, karatemom2 said:

I think NCL needs to revise their port time for Icy Strait Point. This is the third week in a row they have been very late. The first week missing the port due to a medical evac was understandable, but there have been no such issues the last two weeks and yet they are still over two hours late. If they can't make it by 1 p.m. they should just acknowledge it and change the port times for future cruises so people can plan accordingly.

I believe it has been because of extremely rough seas when traveling west of Vancouver that slowed us down. 

1 minute ago, drumexpert510 said:

Tip: When in the observation lounge and If you are looking for a nice cocktail to drink, might I suggest an espresso martini. It is a slight up charge of $3 with the beverage package but well worth it! 

image.jpg

Looks awesome...!  What's in it...? 

6 minutes ago, drumexpert510 said:

Tip: When in the observation lounge and If you are looking for a nice cocktail to drink, might I suggest an espresso martini. It is a slight up charge of $3 with the beverage package but well worth it! 

image.jpg

YUM, Any other good martinis onboard? 

Just now, aubreyc1988 said:

YUM, Any other good martinis onboard? 

Unfortunately, I was told no and that is because there is not a martini bar onboard and is not a focus. Now I do know you can get a nice vodka martini at Maltings, but no other speciality one has been advertised that I have seen.

The observation lounge is able to do an espresso martini because they have an espresso machine behind the bar. 

• Like 1

Brad, loving your live review. So glad you are all having a great time. I am vacationing (in my mind, lol) through your review. So happy to see the industry coming back. Can’t wait to cruise again. Have a great week!