The return of real butter!

steve ch

7 minutes ago, canderson said:

When they bring back all of the jellies/jams in the little Hero glass jars, all will be right with the world!

I wish I took a picture for you!  All must be right in the world... I had jam in the individual glass jars these past two weeks on the Millennium.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sam.Seattle said:

I wish I took a picture for you!  All must be right in the world... I had jam in the individual glass jars these past two weeks on the Millennium.  

Yes. I watched a woman carrying multiple plates let one slide off her plate, crash to the floor in the Oceanview Cafe, and shatter. The staff rushed in to clean it up, as the woman just walked away. One staff member did chase her down… to find out what kind of jam it was so that they could fetch her another one and deliver it to her table. 

Wow, some people are just so rude.  The staff is always trying to do their best to please. Their approaching to her was admirable (though undeserved 🙂 ).

I actually like those whipped butters, because they are so much easier to spread on bread (I assume they are 'real' butter for the most part).  And they have the different flavors which I enjoy.  When we have those foil wrapped butter pats at a restaurant, they are always hard, I give a few to my DH to hold onto to warm up! Otherwise you have a little brick sitting on your bread.  What am I supposed to do with that? LOL

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Roxydog15 said:

Otherwise you have a little brick sitting on your bread.  What am I supposed to do with that? LOL

It was decided some years ago on Constellation that, should the captain of the ship choose to do so at dinner, passengers were also permitted the convenient practice of poking their Celebrity breadsticks into their own pats of butter! 🥖

17 hours ago, canderson said:

When they bring back all of the jellies/jams in the little Hero glass jars, all will be right with the world!

This "Smuckers" stuff and fake Maple Sirup are just so disgusting. Real quality Jam and Maple Sirup would be nice 😉

58 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

This "Smuckers" stuff and fake Maple Sirup are just so disgusting. Real quality Jam and Maple Sirup would be nice 😉

To me any jam that is not home made is fake.. just too much sugar. The fake syrup is just boiled sugars with corn syrup and fake flavour. I live in the north east where we enjoy local maple syrup!

18 hours ago, canderson said:

When will we know when all is right with the world meaning safe once again ? When you walk into Costco and they are passing out food samples. Even if you don't eat them this will be the sign!

1 hour ago, gold1953 said:

When you walk into Costco and they are passing out food samples. Even if you don't eat them this will be the sign!

Sam's here in Hilton Head is providing samples, but only of small snacks things they could pour into a cup (like pretzel bites, and nothing cooked like sausage. They also were not allowed to physically hand you the cup. 

Not as good a sign as you were hoping for, but I was happy to see some of them getting some hours finally!

17 hours ago, schittenden said:

the woman just walked away.

I had to do cleanups in a dept store job years ago. I was thrilled when the customer just walked away. NEVER wanted them hanging around, trying to "help" or apologizing! Invariably, they made it worse....

4 hours ago, LXA350 said:

I prefer maple syrup and is much better than maple sirup. 😉

Edited by davekathy