Sailing out of Venice on Brilliance next June. What is everyone doing about booking air?

Hello!

RCL isn’t giving any clear answers about what will happen with our cruise departing Venice to the Greek Isles. I am traveling with my whole large family and know we should probably book air early. Any recommendations on how to handle this? 
Thanks in advance!

Kendra

Flying into Venice with lufthansa staying a few nights returning to Venice airport on day of departure have added on Transfer from VCE to cruise fare (I just called up it's not available on the planner (they where more than happy to do this(its £44 one way or £87 return per person))) on the return we have very late flight so going to enjoy ravenna before heading back to venice on the train. 

probably best just to call RCCL or travel agent. see what your options are.

24 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

I thought the powers that be in Venice have recently banned cruise ships?   Is that in error? Just a proposal? or not effective until X date in the future?

As Royal sails from Ravenna this does not matter.

Edited by Saab4444
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, beachgirl98 said:

Hello!

RCL isn’t giving any clear answers about what will happen with our cruise departing Venice to the Greek Isles. I am traveling with my whole large family and know we should probably book air early. Any recommendations on how to handle this? 
Thanks in advance!

Kendra

What should happen with your cruise?

10 hours ago, beachgirl98 said:

Hello!

Thanks in advance!

Kendra

If you want to book flights now, check out air2sea on choiceair.com website.

You can book refundable fares and do reprice if price lowers.  Also nice not having to pay til the 90day window.

Then if royal should change your itinerary for any reason royal will work out any changes needed with your flight.

When you go to the choiceair website you can do a mock booking by selecting quick flight option tab.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If you want to book flights now, check out air2sea on choiceair.com website.

You can book refundable fares and do reprice if price lowers.  Also nice not having to pay til the 90day window.

Then if royal should change your itinerary for any reason royal will work out any changes needed with your flight.

When you go to the choiceair website you can do a mock booking by selecting quick flight option tab.

Thank you! I will check it out!

5 hours ago, beachgirl98 said:

I think this identical sailing has been temporarily leaving out of Athens. So that leaves some questions in my mind. 

Royal has not done or scheduled any sailings from Athens. In theory you could of course offer similar cruises starting e.g. in Malta, Triest, Corfu, Athens, Rome or Naples just to name a few ports used by other cruise lines for embarkation but there is no reason for Royal to go away from Ravenna in 2022.