Has anyone been in a Club Suite yet?

SpainAlien

11 hours ago, lynelz1 said:

I used a clean kitchen size gabage bag, put it inside the NCL paper laundry bag and was able to stuff it without the bag breaking or tearing.  Got my clothes back just fine.  I did notice that they put little tags in the collar of your shirts to identify them and control your load.  If you forget to remove them, they get stiff and become rather irritating.

Good idea.  Have noted the same.  Those stickers are the first things I remove after getting them back.

1 hour ago, 20165 said:

Great threat and i read that you can book the specialty restaurants 125 days from sailing, but we arent given that option on our reservation page.  Does that mean they are all sold out?

There have been lots of issues regarding booking restaurants recently, and some ships are apparently not taking reservations before the cruise.

Any problem you are having will be due to that.

9 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Good idea.  Have noted the same.  Those stickers are the first things I remove after getting them back.

I din't know they did that so I was pulling them off as I wore things.  One item had not been worn for a few months and boy that sticker was stiff and hard to get off..  😆

On 9/3/2021 at 7:50 AM, complawyer said:

I notice you never call out synthgary and he discusses haven suites a great deal more than i do.

so sir, just lighten up.

Late response.  Just catching up.  @Sthrngaryposts fantastic posts about all his experiences, including valuable Haven information without insulting those who don't choose the Haven (some due to financial limitations, some due to financial responsibility).   Most of us here highly value his contributions.  @HuliHuli made some very valid observations.  So, I will suggest that SHE, doesn't need to "lighten up."  😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

@Sthrngaryposts fantastic posts about all his experiences, including valuable Haven information without insulting those who don't choose the Haven

@ChiefMateJRKThank you for the kind words.  My approach with the Haven is to always remind folks that any cruise is a great cruise.  It is all up to our attitudes.  As it relates to the Haven.  I always try to remind folks reading my comments that I am REALLY OLD,  retired, came from very humble beginnings, and over the years of cruising my tastes have changed.  Where I used to cruise more often, I now do it less often.  That decision is to cruise in a different way like the Haven.  

All that said, in my family I am the oldest and also the first one on the waterslides, Lasor Tag, belly flop contest, and especially the go carts.  No one ever knows where I am and then they realize I am in the cigar bar talking to some of the most interesting folks on the ship.  My family get mad at me because instead of getting fancy snacks from the butler, I ask for PB&J, gummy bears and M&M.  The Haven is only as good as the rest of the ship.  It is just a place to hide for me. 

My biggest joy (No pun intended) is to see that so many folks due to low guest count have won bids to be in the Haven.  What a wonderful way to go on your next vacation at the (Hopefully) end of Covid.  The only problem is it is hard to not travel in the Haven in the future.  

Again, thank you for the kind words.  

Cruise well everyone.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Late response.  Just catching up.  @Sthrngaryposts fantastic posts about all his experiences, including valuable Haven information without insulting those who don't choose the Haven (some due to financial limitations, some due to financial responsibility).   Most of us here highly value his contributions.  @HuliHuli made some very valid observations.  So, I will suggest that SHE, doesn't need to "lighten up."  😎

So @ChiefMateJRK, complainers lecturing post was so long ago, I had already moved on having decided it wasn't worth the electrons to reply.  I concur with you that @Sthrngaryposts some of the more thorough, balanced replies reflective of his experience.  Frankly, he doesn't look all that old in his photo; I'm thinking its lifted from his attorney at law bio. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HuliHuli said:

So @ChiefMateJRK, complainers lecturing post was so long ago, I had already moved on having decided it wasn't worth the electrons to reply.  I concur with you that @Sthrngaryposts some of the more thorough, balanced replies reflective of his experience.  Frankly, he doesn't look all that old in his photo; I'm thinking its lifted from his attorney at law bio. 😉

@HuliHuliYep, you see right though me, LOL.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

@ChiefMateJRKThank you for the kind words.  My approach with the Haven is to always remind folks that any cruise is a great cruise.  It is all up to our attitudes.  As it relates to the Haven.  I always try to remind folks reading my comments that I am REALLY OLD,  retired, came from very humble beginnings, and over the years of cruising my tastes have changed.  Where I used to cruise more often, I now do it less often.  That decision is to cruise in a different way like the Haven.  

All that said, in my family I am the oldest and also the first one on the waterslides, Lasor Tag, belly flop contest, and especially the go carts.  No one ever knows where I am and then they realize I am in the cigar bar talking to some of the most interesting folks on the ship.  My family get mad at me because instead of getting fancy snacks from the butler, I ask for PB&J, gummy bears and M&M.  The Haven is only as good as the rest of the ship.  It is just a place to hide for me. 

My biggest joy (No pun intended) is to see that so many folks due to low guest count have won bids to be in the Haven.  What a wonderful way to go on your next vacation at the (Hopefully) end of Covid.  The only problem is it is hard to not travel in the Haven in the future.  

Again, thank you for the kind words.  

Cruise well everyone.

Sthrngary- Chronologically, you may be getting old, but your mindset is always in the right place!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Also should note for this thread that they have increased DSC for Club Balcony Suites.  Not sure why they think it should be much closer to Haven DSC than Balcony DSC.

I will also note this will probably not make me change out of our current M6 bookings...love those balconies!

How much are the service charges?

For bookings made on or after April 1, 2020, that prepay their service charges before their sail date:

• $18.50 USD per person per day for The Haven and Suites;
    • $18.00 USD per person per day for Club Balcony Suite;
    • $15.50 USD per person per day for all other stateroom types

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-faq/what-is-onboard-service-charge

23 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Also should note for this thread that they have increased DSC for Club Balcony Suites.  Not sure why they think it should be much closer to Haven DSC than Balcony DSC.

I will also note this will probably not make me change out of our current M6 bookings...love those balconies!

For bookings made on or after April 1, 2020, that prepay their service charges before their sail date:

Oh, that must be new! I was in a MB on Bliss last month; DSC was $15.50 pp and I did pre-pay it. 

I don’t think a Club Balcony stay generates enough extra coddling to justify charging a near-Haven DSC. If you’re going to do that, give us a few Haven-level amenities. (my wonderful room steward on Joy upgraded my toiletries and robe to the Haven version, ah luxury, I’d pay the extra $17.50/week just for that)

Edited by coastcat

1 hour ago, coastcat said:

Oh, that must be new! I was in a MB on Bliss last month; DSC was $15.50 pp and I did pre-pay it. 

I don’t think a Club Balcony stay generates enough extra coddling to justify charging a near-Haven DSC. If you’re going to do that, give us a few Haven-level amenities. (my wonderful room steward on Joy upgraded my toiletries and robe to the Haven version, ah luxury, I’d pay the extra $17.50/week just for that)

I totally agree. Charging a near Haven DSC for a trumped up balcony cabin is rediculous.

1 hour ago, Sand and Seas said:

That’s odd. I’m booked in a Club Balcony Suite in January and ours are still $15.50. And I booked well after April 1, 2020. 

45 minutes ago, LincolnLog said:

That’s odd. I’m booked in a Club Balcony Suite in January and ours are still $15.50. And I booked well after April 1, 2020. 

That's good to hear.   I hope that they have a mistake at the NCL link.  

It just doesn't make sense for the DSC to be that high in comparison with Balcony, OV or Inside DSC.

2 hours ago, coastcat said:

Did you notice upgraded bedding?  I like the idea of a good memory foam mattress or mattress topper without having to ask the room steward.  (See below)

Exclusive Club Balcony Suite Amenities

• Option to pre-book onboard entertainment and dining as early as 125 days prior to sailing
  • Complimentary treats delivered to your stateroom
  • Complimentary bottle of sparkling wine
  • Complimentary choice of one valet laundry or pressing service
  • Bliss Collection by Norwegian™ featuring fine linens, pillows and a memory foam mattress or mattress topper
  • Room Service menus offering delicious options for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Coffee and tea set-up
  • TV, refrigerator, safe and hair dryer
  • Sitting area
  • Lower beds arranged as a queen-size bed

6 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

• Coffee and tea set-up
  • Sitting area

In what way are these "exclusive?"

1 hour ago, LincolnLog said:

I just looked at our upcoming Feb cruise on the Breakaway and if we want to pre-pay the DSC, it's $15.50 per day for our CBS.   Now, I don't know if it's more if we choose not to pre-pay.

2 hours ago, LincolnLog said:

Booked our next 2 cruises in 2022 in June of this year. Will prepay the DSC in our final bills. Was still $15.50 per day/ $108.50 per week, or $217.00 for the two of us. Haven't seen or heard of a higher charge.

2 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Did you notice upgraded bedding?  I like the idea of a good memory foam mattress or mattress topper without having to ask the room steward.  (See below)

• Option to pre-book onboard entertainment and dining as early as 125 days prior to sailing
  • Complimentary treats delivered to your stateroom
  • Complimentary choice of one valet laundry or pressing service
  • Bliss Collection by Norwegian™ featuring fine linens, pillows and a memory foam mattress or mattress topper
  • Coffee and tea set-up
  • Sitting area

There was no mattress topper in place but my room steward added one in request. I didn’t notice upgraded linens and pillows. Maybe they were nicer and I just didn’t notice because I’d been on Princess for the prior cruise? Now that was a comfy bed…

That list of exclusive features is not very exclusive. There was nothing different in the room service menu, it’s the same terrible sparkling wine that infests every Latitude member’s desk, and the same hair dryer.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

just off the BA and sad to find out i was supposed to get treats..sigh. the extra space in the bathroom is SO worth it though. strictly by sq ft the bathroom was actually larger than my suite on royal which was 2K more. (measurement done by extending arms across the room both ways. very scientific). the shower itself was only about 4 inches narrower. not bad. pretty sure i only got the 50% off laundry not the other deal mentioned. but i dont do laundry on a ship. 

one thing i really noticed was lack of mail. ZERO in the mailbox. maybe got 2 pieces of paper in the room all week