Has anyone been in a Club Suite yet?

SpainAlien

2 hours ago, complawyer said:

so far it seems that only you and good old hulihuli are the only ones who have raised any objections to my post

I am sorry if you see it that way.  I was not trying to object to your post, I was trying to make sure people understood what you got with a club suite, without any confusion of adding in other rooms (Haven) that weren't asked about.

in that case, i also was trying to make sure people understood what they were getting.

i apologize for my misinterpretation, and you now have an ongoing offer of a free beer, should we ever find ourselves on the same cruise. ive got the 1st round (and please no comments about being in a haven)

FYI…anyone booking the club balcony suites…on the 1 free bag of laundry, it is a paper bag so be careful not to rip it and that you can at least close it a bit so your dirty laundry is not spilling out. Also on the laundry form, you can check off when you would like it back. Normal service is they get the bag by 9am and you receive it back at 6pm the next day or express service (there is currently no charge for this) in by 9am and back by 6pm same day.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, nitesiren said:

FYI…anyone booking the club balcony suites…on the 1 free bag of laundry, it is a paper bag so be careful not to rip it and that you can at least close it a bit so your dirty laundry is not spilling out. Also on the laundry form, you can check off when you would like it back. Normal service is they get the bag by 9am and you receive it back at 6pm the next day or express service (there is currently no charge for this) in by 9am and back by 6pm same day.

FYI- if you roll all your clothes you can fit almost twice the amount  you would otherwise get in the bag!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

FYI- if you roll all your clothes you can fit almost twice the amount  you would otherwise get in the bag!

Also bring some tape to reinforce the bag. I'll have to dig out my form to see what I put in one bag because you probably wouldn't believe me! 

15 hours ago, zerooveride said:

if you roll all your clothes you can fit almost twice the amount  you would otherwise get in the bag!

If you stuff a laundry bag like that, what do the clothes look like when you get them back?  Are they 
"stuffed" in a bag as well?   A few months ago our washing machine had to be replaced and it took several weeks for it to be delivered, so I dropped our laundry off at a local laundrymat and picked it up the next day...It was great, like getting things back from the dry cleaners, everything either neatly folded or on hangers.  Then the next time I did this everything came back crammed into the basket, washed and dried, but a mess--wrinkled, not even folded.  I am curious to know what the your clothes look like after you get them back from the ships' laundry service.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, newtocruising56 said:

If you stuff a laundry bag like that, what do the clothes look like when you get them back?  Are they 
"stuffed" in a bag as well?   A few months ago our washing machine had to be replaced and it took several weeks for it to be delivered, so I dropped our laundry off at a local laundrymat and picked it up the next day...It was great, like getting things back from the dry cleaners, everything either neatly folded or on hangers.  Then the next time I did this everything came back crammed into the basket, washed and dried, but a mess--wrinkled, not even folded.  I am curious to know what the your clothes look like after you get them back from the ships' laundry service.  Thanks!

I just checked with my wife and apparently they come back stacked up in a basket. Filling the bag makes no difference to this.

Edit: apparently there is also an option to have it come back hung on hangers.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, cruiserbear55 said:

Or, I’ve actually asked my room steward for a bigger bag, and was always accommodated.

Mine always came back folded, clean and stacked neatly in a basket.

Edited by graphicguy

4 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Or, I’ve actually asked my room steward for a bigger bag, and was always accommodated.

Nicely folded, wrapped in tissue paper in a wicker like square basket. 

They do a great job!

• Like 2

Just to clarify about the complimentary bag of laundry:  it is only for washing and not pressing. 

When I saw the leaflet advising 50% off pressing (see photo above), I queried this with our steward last night and explained that I thought the Club “suites” got one bag free.   He agreed, but I think he must have misunderstood me because, after I gave him the bag this morning he returned asking for the above-mentioned leaflet (50% discount) so he could include it in the bag. 

Again, I queried this so he went off again.  Soon after, the hospitality manager knocked on the door to advise us that pressing is not included - only washing. 

4 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Just to clarify about the complimentary bag of laundry:  it is only for washing and not pressing. 

When I saw the leaflet advising 50% off pressing (see photo above), I queried this with our steward last night and explained that I thought the Club “suites” got one bag free.   He agreed, but I think he must have misunderstood me because, after I gave him the bag this morning he returned asking for the above-mentioned leaflet (50% discount) so he could include it in the bag. 

Again, I queried this so he went off again.  Soon after, the hospitality manager knocked on the door to advise us that pressing is not included - only washing. 

I think clothes are routinely pressed after being washed.  In any case, they're folded a lot more nicely than when they come out of MY dryer! 🙂  I would think (but am unsure) the pressing service would be for items that can't be thrown into the washing machine, such as suits etc.  And, as I recall, the cost of that is less than a full blown laundry service.

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 1

I don’t like having clothes washed on ships.  They use very hot water which can destroy the clothes.   They certainly do seem to look pressed when they’ve been sent for laundering but I didn’t want to chance that, either.   Anyway, the housekeeping manager looked after us so we’re happy 😃

On 9/5/2021 at 5:49 AM, newtocruising56 said:

Both times we got our cleaned laundry back, all were nicely folded and wrapped In tissue paper in a rectangular woven basket. As for pressing, I think on our week they specifically wrote that pressing & dry cleaning were not being done. 

Edited by nitesiren

On 9/3/2021 at 11:45 AM, cafevita said:

@zerooverideI am curious ….. Did you seek out the services by a concierge (and were denied)  or were they just not made easily accessible , to the club balcony suite guest?

You are not entitled to concierge service as a Club Balcony guest. You are a Balcony guest not a Haven guest. 

On 9/7/2021 at 4:43 AM, Beamafar said:

I don’t like having clothes washed on ships.  They use very hot water which can destroy the clothes.   They certainly do seem to look pressed when they’ve been sent for laundering but I didn’t want to chance that, either.   Anyway, the housekeeping manager looked after us so we’re happy 😃

So, this is incorrect. They do not use "very hot water" for guest laundry. 

@BirdTravelsIn 2020 when inquiring about the balcony club suites ,the NCL rep most certainly stated that concierge services where included, as well as a one time choice of laundry OR pressing . I still have the notes. Just another example of misinformation given at any given time by customer service. Not necessarily their fault, they have to work with what information is supplied to them !

11 hours ago, cafevita said:

@BirdTravelsIn 2020 when inquiring about the balcony club suites ,the NCL rep most certainly stated that concierge services where included, as well as a one time choice of laundry OR pressing . I still have the notes. Just another example of misinformation given at any given time by customer service. Not necessarily their fault, they have to work with what information is supplied to them !

What was said in the past (correct at the time or not) is irrelevant. Please refer to what is written as the current perks. Perks are subject to change at any time. (The terms of Free at Sea change monthly.)

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/minisuites-and-balconies

38 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

What was said in the past (correct at the time or not) is irrelevant. Please refer to what is written as the current perks. Perks are subject to change at any time. (The terms of Free at Sea change monthly.)

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/minisuites-and-balconies

Not that it matters now...but I distinctly remember that when the mini-suite was renamed to club balcony, concierge services were included (according to the website).  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes indeed! My point, things change or are removed at the discretion of NCL. I was simply saying that since it's inception, those perks have been modified, but we're originally there (misinformation or not). Not a big deal, I am still looking forward to the CBS's this fall🤞

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/5/2021 at 9:54 AM, graphicguy said:

I used a clean kitchen size gabage bag, put it inside the NCL paper laundry bag and was able to stuff it without the bag breaking or tearing.  Got my clothes back just fine.  I did notice that they put little tags in the collar of your shirts to identify them and control your load.  If you forget to remove them, they get stiff and become rather irritating.