On Oasis Simulation cruise 8/22-8/28 to Coco Cay

17 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Jim’s review is spot on.  We couldn’t have had a better experience than this simulation.  Crew was amazing. Mask wearing was not a problem.  We are curious how things will be with 3000 onboard!

Did you hear that they’d be starting with paying passengers at over 50% capacity?

I agree with pretty much what everyone said about this sailing. The ship is amazing. The staff, crew, and officers were all fantastic.  They couldn't do enough for us. They are obviously thrilled to be back working. 

And just to put my two cents in about people who are now being dubbed 'pool hogs', yes I saw the. four being flamed on all the different threads about this cruise They were in the pool standing at one end when we got there, while we in the pool (we stayed in for a reasonable half an hour), and until we left. At least three to four hours total. They never moved from their spots. I am not sure that the pool capacity will be as strictly enforced on  the regular sailings,  as the CDC was onboard observing everything. So if the pool capacity said seven, seven was it. This inconsiderate behavior should be addressed by Royal if capacity stays at these numbers on the regular sailings with 3000 people onboard. 

I think it would be entirely reasonable for Royal to post signs stating something like 'Due to reduced pool capacity we ask that everyone limit their usage to half an hour at a time so that everyone can enjoy. You may reenter at a later time.'

Edited by bayonnejoe

2 hours ago, cruisin56 said:

Thanks again...and sorry I should have asked before...what side is Perfect Day on

When we we at Cococay , the dock was on the port side, with the best views from the starboard side. See the picture below taken from the bridge on the island. 

AD611841-6961-443E-A369-AC490B193E7A.jpeg

2 minutes ago, JimInBuffalo said:

When we we at Cococay , the dock was on the port side, with the best views from the starboard side. See the picture below taken from the bridge on the island. 

AD611841-6961-443E-A369-AC490B193E7A.jpeg

Thanks... so we are on the port...and I can still switch to starboard...just a toss up if I want to see the Statue of Liberty from my balcony or go with starboard for the view of Cococay...we are also stopping in Cape Canaveral  and Nassau so not sure what to expect there....but thanks for the pic!

34 minutes ago, bayonnejoe said:

I agree with pretty much what everyone said about this sailing. The ship is amazing. The staff, crew, and officers were all fantastic.  They couldn't do enough for us. They are obviously thrilled to be back working. 

And just to put my two cents in about people who are now being dubbed 'pool hogs', yes I saw the. four being flamed on all the different threads about this cruise They were in the pool standing at one end when we got there, while we in the pool (we stayed in for a reasonable half an hour), and until we left. At least three to four hours total. They never moved from their spots. I am not sure that the pool capacity will be as strictly enforced on  the regular sailings,  as the CDC was onboard observing everything. So if the pool capacity said seven, seven was it. This inconsiderate behavior should be addressed by Royal if capacity stays at these numbers on the regular sailings with 3000 people onboard. 

I think it would be entirely reasonable for Royal to post signs stating something like 'Due to reduced pool capacity we ask that everyone limit their usage to half an hour at a time so that everyone can enjoy. You may reenter at a later time.'

I agree. 30 minutes should be the limit. When we we’re in the pool and someone walked up to the edge of the pool we offered to get out if they wanted to get in. Others did the same. Credit is given to those who were considerate enough to offer. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, cruisin56 said:

Thanks... so we are on the port...and I can still switch to starboard...just a toss up if I want to see the Statue of Liberty from my balcony or go with starboard for the view of Cococay...we are also stopping in Cape Canaveral  and Nassau so not sure what to expect there....but thanks for the pic!

I’m not sure if there is any specific way for the captain to pull aside the dock on any given day. For example, there could be more than one ship at the island and both side would be needed. Also, the wind condition and direction will affect the position of the ship when docking. In our case, the wind was coming from the starboard side and the captain used those winds to hold him against the dock rather than be on the leeward side and Hanle the wind pushing the ship away from the dock. I may be over-simplifying it but I m sure that the position of the ship is flexible 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...