On Oasis Simulation cruise 8/22-8/28 to Coco Cay

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Internet must be bad, not one picture from anyone from the island today or the weather was crappy.?

Weather was ok for a couple hours. Got some swimming in and beach time. Then we moved to the water park and was impressed. They have some attractions that I’ve never seen before, especially the Slingshot Raft ride. 

A3B4A8C6-8F3E-4769-91D2-BAD56D47FB36.jpeg

0F15FBF3-8807-4018-84F2-B0E3C7680FDF.jpeg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Trailcon said:

DW and I are booked on 24 Oct.  We are very excited as I feel this will sail.  Thanks for the nice pictures.  This will be our first time on Oasis after two cancellations.

We are back on October 10th with a large group from Buffalo and Boston. Sorry to hear about your cancellations. It’s a great ship and the staff have been wonderful from the minute we walked on. They can’t do enough for you. We’ve been able to keep the same table and wait staff in the MDR every night. Hoping to get them on the next cruise. 

911A43BC-5EE4-4A19-8027-29FC9A8F1A47.jpeg

• Like 1

Quick tip that I learned the hard way. When in a cabin that has a “Master Switch” for the lights. Don’t turn this switch off at night when sleeping. It also adjusts the air conditioner so that it is set at a warmer temperature. 
We were  very warm in the cabin at night and it turned out that by hitting the master switch I was creating the problem. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, JimInBuffalo said:

We are back on October 10th with a large group from Buffalo and Boston. Sorry to hear about your cancellations. It’s a great ship and the staff have been wonderful from the minute we walked on. They can’t do enough for you. We’ve been able to keep the same table and wait staff in the MDR every night. Hoping to get them on the next cruise. 

911A43BC-5EE4-4A19-8027-29FC9A8F1A47.jpeg

We’re on Oasis 10/10 for our 50th wedding anniversary cruise

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JimInBuffalo said:

we had a good storm this morning. Heavy rain. They had just cleared the pools out before it hit. Clearing up now and 84 degrees. We are just west Datona beach heading north to Bayonne 

Do you know when the ship is scheduled to get back to Bayonne?  Saturday or Sunday morning?

Thanks.

On 8/25/2021 at 8:34 AM, DaniDanielle said:

They make you sanitize your hands before you go. I was fine until I gripped the handle and my hands kept sliding.  I know I was harnessed in but still scary😳

I would've been scared too, if my hands were sliding!  Good grief!🙅‍♀️

• Like 1

7 hours ago, beachlovergirl said:

We’re on Oasis 10/10 for our 50th wedding anniversary cruise

Congratulations on your 50th Wedding Anniversary!

We were supposed to go on the Oasis this past July 16th to celebrate our 50th...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rewind said:

From what I've inferred, it sounds like a week off until the 9/5 sailing.  Probably time for the CDC (and Royal) to review.

Based on other test cuises the.cdc  has been issuing approval certificates in 2 to 3 days, probably depends on what day of the week test is done.  

2 hours ago, Rewind said:

From what I've inferred, it sounds like a week off until the 9/5 sailing.  Probably time for the CDC (and Royal) to review.

Yes just about every test cruise had to rest a week for final results and then the could start the already booked first cruise.  I have heard no ship has failed a test.  They all have the same startup rules for testing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Yes just about every test cruise had to rest a week for final results and then the could start the already booked first cruise.  I have heard no ship has failed a test.  They all have the same startup rules for testing.

We just heard from a fellow passenger that RCL will be providing Covid tests for those on this cruise when we arrive in Bayonne. The man is scheduled to board another Royal ship in Texas on Sunday after disembarking in Bayonne and was worried about how he would get a test in before departure. RCL then informed him about the testing. If I get more info I will post. Anyone else hear about this?

On 8/23/2021 at 1:17 PM, JimInBuffalo said:

We are currently on the Simulation Cruise for the Oasis out of Bayonne and destined for Coco Cay. 
Hurricane Henri had little affect on us.Smooth boarding and departure.

The captain surprised us by taking a close-up drive by the Statue of Liberty for a photo op. Everyone appreciated that. 
The staff has been wonderful and are really glad to be back. 
great weather today and smooth water. 
Everything has been great. 
From what we gathered there are 700-1000 on board. No crowds, empty deck chairs. Limited numbers allowed in the pools. 
Saw CATS last night. Adult comedy tonight 

Awesome! I'm on the Liberty of the Seas simulation cruise out of Galveston on Sept 18. I was definitely hoping for this one though! Partly because I wanted my friend in NYC to join me. Have fun!

On 8/24/2021 at 3:39 PM, DaniDanielle said:

Just did the zipline.  I think I scared the young guys running it because of my age!!!!!I am now forced to have vodka because I scared myself 😳

You have that vodka .. well deserved!   I'd be terrified!  LOL