Eastern Itineraries? Level 4, "Do Not Travel"

cricketts

The Bahamas and St Maarten are now on the State Department "Level 4 - Do Not Travel" list.  It will be interesting to see how the Eastern itineraries might be modified.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/news/2021/08/24/bahamas-travel-advisory-cdc-state-department-urge-tourists-not-go/5569752001/

Edited by cricketts

• cricketts changed the title to Eastern Itineraries? Level 4, "Do Not Travel"
1 minute ago, Dwight1 said:

I would assume cruise passengers will need an on board Pcr  test to disembark. 

While a possibility I wouldn't assume anything.   There are several countries which have specific protocols for tourists entering but have different protocols for ships who are doing a port stop.

How about Florida and Texas and some of the southern states? Should state department and CDC issue Do Not Travel list as well  with the surging of Delta Variants.

Isn’t that a joke?

Edited by verizon
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

The ship is my destination! 😉  Can't wait for November, with or without ports.  I just want someone to make my bed, prepare my meals, shake my martinis, and and say "We are so happy you are here!"

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, amevola said:

The ship is my destination! 😉  Can't wait for November, with or without ports.  I just want someone to make my bed, prepare my meals, shake my martinis, and and say "We are so happy you are here!"

Same here! We loved our cruise in July on Edge. Got off only in St Thomas to visit an old friend. We have been to so many ports multiple times so the ship quite often is often our primary destination.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, amevola said:

Quite frankly, I think the same way. I have not even really looked at excursions for our 9/26 Equinox cruise.  I’d be hard pressed to even tell you what the ports are!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, cricketts said:

The Bahamas and St Maarten are now on the State Department "Level 4 - Do Not Travel" list.  It will be interesting to see how the Eastern itineraries might be modified.

The United States is also Level 4. See the map in the link below. I suspect no itineraries will be modified with the addition of the Bahamas and St Maarten.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/map-and-travel-notices.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sascol said:

Quite frankly, I think the same way. I have not even really looked at excursions for our 9/26 Equinox cruise.  I’d be hard pressed to even tell you what the ports are!

We feel the same. On our last two Caribbean cruises we didn't even get off the ship (and this was well before Covid was even a thing!). We went for the ship and to escape Colorado weather in March.

• Like 1

Almost the whole world is at level 4. The CDC does want Americans to travel anywhere. I went on a safari in Namibia for two weeks this past June when Namibia was level 4 and having a covid surge. It was a great b time to go as no one else was there. I don't listen to anything said by the CDC, they have no credibility for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

Almost the whole world is at level 4. The CDC does want Americans to travel anywhere. I went on a safari in Namibia for two weeks this past June when Namibia was level 4 and having a covid surge. It was a great b time to go as no one else was there. I don't listen to anything said by the CDC, they have no credibility for me.

I agree entirely!!  We were on Safari in Kenya in June... it was fabulous 🙂 We need to live our lives!

• Like 3