Zuiderdam Rebookings for October -- Moving Ship and Dates

ImGoingFirst

I just received an email stating that my cruise  on October 16 has been cancelled and they are rebooking to the Koningsdam on October 10. This impacts cruises on the Zuiderdam on October 9,16, 23 and 30. 

Here's the gist around my cruise only: 

Zuiderdam 16-Oct-21 U158O 7-Day Classic California Coast Roundtrip San Diego

CHANGED TO:  

Koningsdam 10-Oct-21 K166 7-Day Classic California Coast Roundtrip San Diego

So disappointing as this was for my birthday. I'm concerned about the cancellation policy as the rebooking date doesn't work for us. 

2 minutes ago, ImGoingFirst said:

I just received an email stating that my cruise  on October 16 has been cancelled and they are rebooking to the Koningsdam on October 10. This impacts cruises on the Zuiderdam on October 9,16, 23 and 30. 

Here's the gist around my cruise only: 

Zuiderdam 16-Oct-21 U158O 7-Day Classic California Coast Roundtrip San Diego

CHANGED TO:  

Koningsdam 10-Oct-21 K166 7-Day Classic California Coast Roundtrip San Diego

So disappointing as this was for my birthday. I'm concerned about the cancellation policy as the rebooking date doesn't work for us. 

If there is another date that works for you, you can reach out to HAL / your PCC/ TA (whichever applies) and see if HAL would entertain a transfer to that cruise.

• Like 1

Zuiderdam cancelled departures from September 18 to October 2, 2021:

• Voyage U152O - September 18, 2021 – 7-Day Classic California Coast – Roundtrip San Diego
  • Voyage U154O - September 25, 2021 – 7-Day Mexican Riviera – Roundtrip San Diego
  • Voyage U156 - October 2, 2021 – 7-Day Mexican Riviera – Roundtrip San Diego

I posted this on another thread, and am sharing here too since the first cruise is only a few weeks away. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Boatdrill said:

• Voyage U152O - September 18, 2021 – 7-Day Classic California Coast – Roundtrip San Diego
  • Voyage U154O - September 25, 2021 – 7-Day Mexican Riviera – Roundtrip San Diego

I posted this on another thread, and am sharing here too since the first cruise is only a few weeks away. 

Thank you for posting this.

Looks like our October 10 Koningsdam cruise is going to be a little more snug.

We had a lot of specialty dining booked, so I called and changed our early fixed dining reservation to "any time" to free it up.  

Boy, every day is a new day with this pandemic.  🤷‍♀️

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Boatdrill said:

I am very interested as to where you found this information? I cannot find it anywhere on the HAL website of the most recent cancellations. While I beleive you because because there are some things proving this is the case but also cannot find proof in writing as well as know of people on these voyages where these cruises are not canceled so very confused.  

16 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I am very interested as to where you found this information? I cannot find it anywhere on the HAL website of the most recent cancellations. While I beleive you because because there are some things proving this is the case but also cannot find proof in writing as well as know of people on these voyages where these cruises are not canceled so very confused.  

We were also on the Oct 2 sailing, and received the same email that the first 3 sailings out of San Diego (9/18, 9/25 and 10/2) were cancelled. The email didn’t mention the ones canceled in later October.  Also, we weren’t automatically transferred to the Koningsdam but were given an option to cancel (without any FCC) or switch to any October Koningsdam sailing with a measly $50 onboard credit for the inconvenience. Debating what we should do. 

Michele

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mbiggers said:

We were also on the Oct 2 sailing, and received the same email that the first 3 sailings out of San Diego (9/18, 9/25 and 10/2) were cancelled. The email didn’t mention the ones canceled in later October.  Also, we weren’t automatically transferred to the Koningsdam but were given an option to cancel (without any FCC) or switch to any October Koningsdam sailing with a measly $50 onboard credit for the inconvenience. Debating what we should do. 

Michele

Thanks, I was able to confirm all this, curious as to why HAL did not include this on their website there appears to be several other cancellations they have not listed. 

1 hour ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Thanks, I was able to confirm all this, curious as to why HAL did not include this on their website there appears to be several other cancellations they have not listed. 

the "my account" section of the website still shows us on the now cancelled Mexican cruise and the online itinerary talks of "wine tasting in Monterey" a port removed some time ago. They have a lot of changes that need to be made to the website

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

It was part of an August 25, 2021 notice from HAL president Gus Antorcha about changes to their deployment schedule. 

Edited by Boatdrill