Trans Atlantic forward facing club class mini-suite.

bobontheblue

Has anyone booked L108 on, Royal, Regal, Majestic, or Sky for a trans Atlantic crossing. Booked a mini suite for the Spring crossing on the Enchanted 2023. Thinking of upgrading to club class. L108 looks nice. However as noted, the doors may be locked for balcony access. Million dollar question, has anyone has this location and have the doors been locked for the majority of the voyage. 

We stayed in that on Royal for Mexico trip ..loved the view .

There were some things that may prevent us from booking that again , when I sat down I could see nothing through balcony .

We had a big rain storm while we were sailing and water seeped in through sliding door and at times it was windy ...

All in all though it was a different type of experience and no regrets about trying it ,the view was amazing .

I don't have experience. It is my understanding that they are not locked, but they reserve the right, just in case. And, you have to keep the curtains closed at night so the light doesn't interfere with ship navigation.

Hopefully it is warm so you can enjoy the 20 knot breeze.

• Like 1

We had this cabin on Royal and the doors were never locked!  I will say that at sea, it can get very windy up there and there were times we could not go out past the door overhang.  It can be rocky, but that doesn’t bother us.  So, you can choose when you want to go out onto the balcony without permission,   But times you may choose not to.

In 2018, we were on the Regal in L103. It is a lovely cabin and HUGE balcony. However, as has been noted, when sitting down, you can not see out. That is truly our only complaint, as we are active balcony users. You would need an elevated chair. Our balcony doors were never locked. However, we were instructed to close the drapes at night to prevent our lights from interfering with the Bridge.

2 hours ago, johnmik1 said:

We did the eastbound crossing in M108 on Regal and it was great.The doors to the balcony are never locked by Princess!

We are in that cabin in two weeks time. Although we have cruised many times this is our first Princess. So looking forward to it.   Hope it lives up to our expectations.