Problems After downloading Latest Ocean Medallion Update on 8/25/21?

Shelly97060

On 8/28/2021 at 8:35 AM, riffatsea said:

If you go to the place where you can pick boarding groups you will see the other cruises you have booked

Good info!  

Also, when you open the app if you click on your picture in the upper left corner it will also show all your booked cruises and you can click on them to select which one you want to review or enter information for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shelly97060 said:

Good info!  

Also, when you open the app if you click on your picture in the upper left corner it will also show all your booked cruises and you can click on them to select which one you want to review or enter information for.

If only it was that easy, my account is totally corrupted or it’s likely that the links on their servers are for my account. I’ve tried logging in on my wife’s phone ( she has access to a lot of stuff, except the travel checklist, payment card setup and a few other things where the screen just goes blank and what you suggest works on her phone and our cabin number and other cruises are displayed). Unfortunately on connection I see the same info, on her device if I use it to log on as I do on my devices. So it’s definitely a server problem. As yours is working perfectly you’re one of the lucky ones!

Edited by Zippy99

This Medallion app is a nightmare. It is not even a beta version. Why Princess insists on having to use this constantly failing app prior to embarkation is a mystery. Why can't we all do the required pre-cruise items also via their web site like all other cruise lines handle that and use the app only while on-board? 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, hapzfl said:

This Medallion app is a nightmare. It is not even a beta version. Why Princess insists on having to use this constantly failing app prior to embarkation is a mystery. Why can't we all do the required pre-cruise items also via their web site like all other cruise lines handle that and use the app only while on-board? 

My previous experience with the Medallion app was on a Sky cruise way back in January 2020.  It was so wonky that I gave up and just took the Medallion with me to the pier and checked in the old fashioned way.

Once on board, I never even tried to use the Medallion app as I could never see an advantage to it.

This is an example of what happens when you let the whiz bang kids sit at the big table.

• Like 1

SargassoPirate;  I was just the opposite from you.  I used medallion app and medallion on Caribbean Princess and it worked very well.  I could open my cabin door, order drinks, buy gifts, find my spouse; etc.  No issues at all with the app.  I think the new app is worse than the original app

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

SargassoPirate;  I was just the opposite from you.  I used medallion app and medallion on Caribbean Princess and it worked very well.  I could open my cabin door, order drinks, buy gifts, find my spouse; etc.  No issues at all with the app.  I think the new app is worse than the original app

Glad you had a good experience with it.  I saw folks on the Sky using the app, but I never felt the need.  The servers were very attentive and my usual adult beverage hit the table about the same time I did.  Can't ask for much more than that.  Well, maybe a barrel chair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Expat Cruise said:

Do not like the app and the fact that you  can no longer access and input, and store, the cruise information on your computer. I do not keep records on my phone. This is a big downgrade for us. Princess is failing its guests again.

I think where they’re failing guests like me, is there lack of communication on the problems that some are experiencing with the App and their complete silence on the matter with no feedback once you’ve reported the problem. Although to be fair I’ve come to the conclusion, it’s likely nothing to do with App, which we all blame as my login via my wife’s phone gives the same result as when I log in using my phone absolutely 0% access to her 75% access to features, although she still doesn’t have access for entering travel, passport info or CC detail. 
My last cruise in 2019 and the App worked perfectly, but they were still using the online personaliser at that time for entering travel and credit card details,  and I can still access the personaliser on Princess.com using a web browser and via the link in the App, so I am still recognised on the Princess web site along with my future cruises and cruise history and status. So I reckon someone at Princess corrupted the data doing a ‘lift and shift’ of customer details during the shutdown and never cleansed the data and made an assumption all would be ok and as a lot of us know, it’s clearly not and of course they should have rolled back to how it used to work whilst they fixed the problems, once people started to raise them, offline and not make us all chase for a fix. However perhaps that was also no no for technical reasons!. My second booked cruise is next May, the way it’s gone so far, I’ll be surprised if they’ve fixed any of my problems by then….

Edited by Zippy99
  • Like 1

When I tried to sign into the app it generated a new Princess member number for me.  I wrote to Princess over 2 weeks ago and only got an automated response that they are busier than usual.  Now my cruise doesn’t show, I can plan anything, and I no one has reached out to assist. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Zippy99 said:

My last cruise in 2019 and the App worked perfectly, but they were still using the online personaliser at that time for entering travel and credit card details,  and I can still access the personaliser on Princess.com using a web browser and via the link in the App, so I am still recognised on the Princess web site along with my future cruises and cruise history and status. 

Yes you can still see the cruise but you cannot enter the details on your computer and you cannot access the app from your computer so you cannot store the complete details on your computer.  The app limits what you can do or see to the app only. It is a major down grade in customer service. It is like a fine dining restaurant, removing the wait staff and giving you a app to handle your meal... It is not a upgrade in our opinion.

• Like 1

Well, you could have knocked me down with a feather, my App burst into unexpected life today with 9 days to go to our sailing! So from having 0 access, up till now, I’ve now nearly have a near full working App. The only thing I discovered that wasn’t working was my future cruise booking isn’t showing (shows on my wife’s app and I can’t enter it manually as it returns a message it’s already been claimed) and I can’t see the restaurant bookings that were made using my wife’s app. However, I’ve now entered all the pre cruise info required for the upcoming cruise on Sky for both of us and we are now in ‘green lane’ for boarding and can now breathe again!