New email from P and O

Bin man

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

Agreed - it just reinforces the view that the P&O IT team are incompetent.  

I'd call them to tell them so,  but I don't want to waste 2 hours  of  my life on hold.

Why blame the IT team ?  They will only create / manage the systems and the user departments will choose when to run the the systems and with what parameters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Why blame the IT team ?  They will only create / manage the systems and the user departments will choose when to run the the systems and with what parameters.

Who builds in the software issues that result in incorrect data being presented, along with the regular outages that happen?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

Avril, I have had my two emails.  don't think I will be doing the April 2022 cruise anyway.  Can't wait to move it 😞

See - superfluous 😉

I can understand why you feel as you do about April 2022. No-one knows what this winter will bring, as the scientists are predicting there could be some 'problems' with another possible wave plus flu🥴. Oh joy!!

I'm still keeping positive about October 2022 though🤞

Avril

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Who builds in the software issues that result in incorrect data being presented, along with the regular outages that happen?

Sometimes the issues can be your hardware. I remember our company when we went from

windows 7 up to the dizzy heights of windows 10 to make life easier:classic_unsure:

It was anything but .The amount of programs that needed tweaking /converting and some 

parts of the companies structure to this day run isolated on the windows 7 . I remember when I was in hospital the nurses saying the NHS  ran into the same problems . Who knows what goes off in P&O but the blame is not always as simple as it's the IT guys fault ,they can only work with what they have .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

See - superfluous 😉

I can understand why you feel as you do about April 2022. No-one knows what this winter will bring, as the scientists are predicting there could be some 'problems' with another possible wave plus flu🥴. Oh joy!!

I'm still keeping positive about October 2022 though🤞

Avril

Yes, so are we.  That one might be a definite!

3 hours ago, Bazrat said:

Bit of a shame those who are saying that there not going on the cruises next year haven’t cancelled, so it would open up availability to those who might want to go on them.

True, but then again, there was nothing stopping those people from booking when there was availability! 

• Like 1

Just now, Bazrat said:

True but not everyone books years in advance 

I imagine that those who have expressed intentions to cancel are probably waiting for summer 2023 cruises to go on sale, and will switch then. Early bookers, like us, generally have bookings covering all earlier launches  so it's a wee bit difficult to fit another in, until new launches take place.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I imagine that those who have expressed intentions to cancel are probably waiting for summer 2023 cruises to go on sale, and will switch then. Early bookers, like us, generally have bookings covering all earlier launches  so it's a wee bit difficult to fit another in, until new launches take place.

We have an October 2022 booked and are pondering . Should we move it forward, leave it alone and book an earlier one as well, leave it and fly off to the sun?. Watch the Gran Prix tomorrow and have an early lunch first, or early dinner afterwards. Life is full of difficult decisions.🤔

6 hours ago, zap99 said:

We have an October 2022 booked and are pondering . Should we move it forward, leave it alone and book an earlier one as well, leave it and fly off to the sun?. Watch the Gran Prix tomorrow and have an early lunch first, or early dinner afterwards. Life is full of difficult decisions.🤔

Some decisions are much easier I’m going to the football today and watch my team beat Man Utd 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

So today I received the same email AGAIN!  58 weeks to my holiday.  

A bit ironic that P&O pay someone to send out these e-mails and yet people on other threads 

complaining they cannot get a response to an e-mail they have sent .:classic_unsure:

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, kalos said:

A bit ironic that P&O pay someone to send out these e-mails and yet people on other threads 

complaining they cannot get a response to an e-mail they have sent .:classic_unsure:

I think the emails most of us are getting are automated, I moved my Jan 22 cruise to March 23 and got 3 emails within a week welcoming me and telling me I had a cruise in 80 weeks, which I was hardly likely to have been unaware of. I honestly think P&O are losing the plot as far as customer service is concerned.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

I still haven’t had an email about our 25th September cruise. One of the people on the roll call got one last week. It doesn’t make any sense at all.

This seems to happen a lot, have you checked your details on cruise personaliser, there is/was a box to tick for emails?

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

I think the emails most of us are getting are automated, I moved my Jan 22 cruise to March 23 and got 3 emails within a week welcoming me and telling me I had a cruise in 80 weeks, which I was hardly likely to have been unaware of. I honestly think P&O are losing the plot as far as customer service is concerned.

I had a similar experience last week with a travel insurance. I wanted a quote with my health 

issues and as a rule I will just make up a fake e-mail address but for some reason decided to

use my e-mail instead ,big mistake !  I got the quote sent to me which is fair enough .The day 

after an e-mail telling me they have saved my quote and the same the day after that and the

day after that and on and on it went .A week later I ended up blocking their e-mail address :classic_mellow:

• Like 1