CDC update

traceytd

4 minutes ago, Mom2labs said:

Did anyone catch the change in testing for vaxed in guidance?  From 3 days to 2. 

Yeah, I saw that - I guess no one will be getting a PCR test! That's just craziness. I guess we'll see if Princess changes their FAQs yet again! 

We are booked on the September 12 Majestic Princess Alaska cruise. I just booked my appointment at CVS for a Rapid-result test (antigen) on September 9. Does this mean I need to change the appointment to September 10?

1 minute ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I think with reducing the window to 2 days the cruise lines are going to have to start to consider making rapid testing available at the port. It might be worth it even if they charge a nominal fee. 

Exactly.  

1 minute ago, billco said:

We are booked on the September 12 Majestic Princess Alaska cruise. I just booked my appointment at CVS for a Rapid-result test (antigen) on September 9. Does this mean I need to change the appointment to September 10?

We are on your cruise as well, and have tests booked for 9/9 at CVS. I also went online tonight and booked for 9/10 as well, just in case Princess changes the rules again so close to our sailing date. If they do not change the goalpost again we will cancel the Friday tests and go with the Thursday findings. If they do, we'll cancel Thursday and have the test on Friday. 

22 minutes ago, TinaLee said:

We are on your cruise as well, and have tests booked for 9/9 at CVS. I also went online tonight and booked for 9/10 as well, just in case Princess changes the rules again so close to our sailing date. If they do not change the goalpost again we will cancel the Friday tests and go with the Thursday findings. If they do, we'll cancel Thursday and have the test on Friday. 

Just did the same!

49 minutes ago, TinaLee said:

Lol if the test requirement is still in place by the end of Nov and no testing at the port, I have every intention of booking at least 2 different test appointments in case one gets cancelled, they run out of tests, results are delayed etc. We are testing Thanksgiving weekend.....

8 minutes ago, traceytd said:

I don’t understand why it changes for the vaccinated but not for the unvaccinated.… 

The unvaccinated are still being tested at the port. So they have the 3 days out (PCR - they can't get the rapid antigen), on the day of embarkation at the terminal, and again on the ship on the day after sailing. They are being charged $150 for the testing. 

Shortening the COVID testing timeframe requirement from 3 days to 2 days, is going to make it tough.  Not a lot of rapid testing where I live.  Princess is partnering with Quest but it says 48 hour turnaround for results in their FAQ. https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/

if I have to test by the time we cruise in 2022, I think I’m going to go with medically observed home testing.  

27E2CA2E-5AFE-4579-9BCB-72BE2DDE0FCC.jpeg

• Like 1

For 2021 cruises this is what I see:

Health Protocols for Cruises through 2021

For cruises through December 31, 2021, guests must have the following:

• Received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise
  • Proof of vaccination

PLUS, for cruises through October 31, 2021, in addition to the above, guests must also:

• Have proof of a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within 3 days of their embarkation
  • Be required to wear a face mask in certain areas

20 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

Also in the guidance is the ability for vaccinated passengers to self test with telehealth supervision, so that would make your results available immediately.  

That option has always been available

3 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

I think with reducing the window to 2 days the cruise lines are going to have to start to consider making rapid testing available at the port. It might be worth it even if they charge a nominal fee. 

At port testing may be the CDC aim in shorting the pre-embarkation testing time frame. Pushing the testing at the port will mean in case of outbreaks the CDC will have a actual in house test specimen from every passenger onboard, to aid in tracing, and additionally shortens the testing window down to 1 day, or even less down to several hours

Just a guess at this point

• Like 1

Just now, srpilo said:

At port testing may be the CDC aim in shorting the pre-embarkation testing time frame. Pushing the testing at the port will mean in case of outbreaks the CDC will have a actual in house test specimen from every passenger onboard, to aid in tracing, and additionally shortens the testing window down to 1 day, or even less down to several hours

Just a guess at this point

That makes sense.

So for Canadians flying to FLL for instance 2 days ahead to allow for weather and other disruptions and who have to pay $$$ to be tested to enter the US that test will not be admissible?  Our flight leaves before we would be able to be tested at the airport.

And it says this applies to Restricted Voyages, can anyone elaborate if that means all cruises and itineraries or just some?