Some Shuttles discontinued post Covid at Newark Airport

cruiserdotcom

I booked at Hampton Inn, Linden, with my preferred amenities of included breakfast and airport shuttle.  I find out now that the shuttle has not been running for many months with no change in the advertised amenity list on Hotels.com and booking.com.  I am rather pissed at the false advertising here.  The hotel says they are "attempting to correct" their information.  Baloney they are.  How much would a taxi be to this property?  Thanks for the help.

2 hours ago, cruiserdotcom said:

I booked at Hampton Inn, Linden, with my preferred amenities of included breakfast and airport shuttle.  I find out now that the shuttle has not been running for many months with no change in the advertised amenity list on Hotels.com and booking.com.  I am rather pissed at the false advertising here.  The hotel says they are "attempting to correct" their information.  Baloney they are.  How much would a taxi be to this property?  Thanks for the help.

And this is why I always book direct with the hotel. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruiserdotcom said:

How much did you save over booking direct at Hilton or Hampton Inn? I'd expect their information to be current. And the hotel generally isn't going to be responsible for what's on a third party booking site.

Sorry, no sympathy.

15 hours ago, cruiserdotcom said:

I had a credit to use from a previous cancel so wanted to use this up.  I did not check the price on Hampton site, but relied on Hotel.com to give me proper info--never again.

Try to get the credit returned from Hotels.com. The reason you booked was the shuttle. Of course the shuttle has not been running for many months. There have been no cruises since March 2020

20 hours ago, markeb said:

And the hotel generally isn't going to be responsible for what's on a third party booking site.

"Generally" is the correct descriptor. If the hotel affirmitively provided false information to a third party, and a reasonable person would know that the hotel's action would cause its customers to rely on the false information provided, then the hotel might well be held liable. Respondeat superior. Proving such complicity would be something else. On the merits, I suspect that, at most, the hotel would probably have acted negligently, not maliciously . . . but in such case who should bear any financial loss: the innocent customer or the negligent hotel? Most likely, however, I suspect that it was the third party booking site that was negligent, and absent an agency relationship, the hotel itself would probably not be liable for the booking site's negligence. I sympathize to the extent that someone else was negligent.