check-in times

kfrey68

The check-in for my Nov 29th cruise opened at 12:01 am this morning.  Completed check-in in the app by about 12:15 am and the only time available was 3:00-3:30pm. 

How do you get an earlier check-in time?

I know they don't want you to arrive at the port early but currently I am flying in the same day (I know not ideally, working on trying to change) arriving at FLL around 9 am so most likely will be at the port much earlier than 3 PM even if I take my time claiming baggage, etc.  What does everyone else do these days since check-in and waiting inside does not seem to be available?

3 minutes ago, kfrey68 said:

The check-in for my Nov 29th cruise opened at 12:01 am this morning.  Completed check-in in the app by about 12:15 am and the only time available was 3:00-3:30pm. 

I know they don't want you to arrive at the port early but currently I am flying in the same day (I know not ideally, working on trying to change) arriving at FLL around 9 am so most likely will be at the port much earlier than 3 PM even if I take my time claiming baggage, etc.  What does everyone else do these days since check-in and waiting inside does not seem to be available?

Already  several up to date similar threads..pls try to search. Maybe others can post a link to the latest.

Some say keep checking back..that earlier slots may open...thats the only way. 

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, kfrey68 said:

At least on the Royal Caribbean side, the rumor is that they are reserving earlier times for people using Royal/Celebrity Air-to-Sea programs.

Some of this depends on you cabin category.  Suites get earliest times.  And others have suggested to keep checking back on the app and seeing if earlier times open up.  The good news is that the ship will still be there even if you have a later check in time.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Some of this depends on you cabin category.  Suites get earliest times.  And others have suggested to keep checking back on the app and seeing if earlier times open up.  The good news is that the ship will still be there even if you have a later check in time.

The ship will probably be there but you may not be able to board.  We were assigned a 3:00 check-in time on the Millennium out of san Diego and the ship is scheduled to leave  at 4:00.  I don't think you will be allowed to board if you show up at 3:00. 

• Like 1

We are in an S1 on Summit in 3 weeks....   we got a noon check in time.
We are in an S1 on Silhouette in <90 days....  we got a 3PM check in time.

PS - in neither case did I wake up at midnight to attempt to check in.
I was probably a day or two late on each.

I would go with - keep checking back if you want to get an earlier time

Just now, Ipeeinthepools said:

The ship will probably be there but you may not be able to board.  We were assigned a 3:00 check-in time on the Millennium out of san Diego and the ship is scheduled to leave  at 4:00.  I don't think you will be allowed to board if you show up at 3:00. 

Really what makes you say that?  Nobody has reported that.  If you show up at your designated check in time an hour before the ship is scheduled to leave?  Why would you not be allowed to check in and board?  They will certainly hold the ship until everybody successfully checks in if they are there.

Just now, TeeRick said:

Really what makes you say that?  Nobody has reported that.  If you show up at your designated check in time an hour before the ship is scheduled to leave?  Why would you not be allowed to check in and board?  They will certainly hold the ship until everybody successfully checks in if they are there.

Doesn't everyone need to be onboard 90 minutes before departure?  I thought that was a security issue instituted a long time ago.  I'm not counting on them delaying departure for me because I had a late check-in time assigned.

Just now, Ipeeinthepools said:

Doesn't everyone need to be onboard 90 minutes before departure?  I thought that was a security issue instituted a long time ago.  I'm not counting on them delaying departure for me because I had a late check-in time assigned.

Don’t worry I am sure they will honor the assigned check in times for guests and make whatever schedule adjustments they need.  Anything else would be just silly really.  

• Thanks 1

Keep checking back. The sole 3pm option is something of a placeholder before they open up the actual slots. 

I'm currently checked in on 2 sailings. At first, both only had the 3pm option. About a week or so ago, one opened up there were all the times (from noon until 5, I think). I could change to noon with no trouble. 

The other one has yet to open up, so I keep checking. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

Keep checking back. The sole 3pm option is something of a placeholder before they open up the actual slots. 

I'm currently checked in on 2 sailings. At first, both only had the 3pm option. About a week or so ago, one opened up there were all the times (from noon until 5, I think). I could change to noon with no trouble. 

I experienced same on my 9/5 and 9/17 cruises.    Originally got a 1:30 and checked back and they opened up all time slots.  I was able to get a 11:30 as well as many people on our roll call.

• Like 1

Initially had the same issue with my 11/13 sailing. Logged in first thing in the morning that check-in opened and could only choose 3:00-3:30. Every single person on my roll call had the same experience. However, a week or two later, all of the sudden, we could all sign up for 12:00-12:30. Just keep checking daily.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was able to get a 11:30 as well as many people on our roll call.

I'm watching for that, too. I figure I might as well, since I'm already checking for another cruise. 

2 hours ago, DCPIV said:

Where are you checking?  On their website or on the app?

Edited by Sascol

4 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Don’t worry I am sure they will honor the assigned check in times for guests and make whatever schedule adjustments they need.  Anything else would be just silly really.  

You know what's really silly?  Celebrity having 3:00 default option for check-in and then expecting everyone to back and edit their check-in.  In my former business, first time quality was expected.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sascol said:

Both

Easiest using the app where you can just click checin time and it shows available times.

On the Website check in you have o select each PAX individually and go through all the questions until you get to checkin time and then  you can change it.

Edited by Jim_Iain

11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Both

Easiest using the app where you can just click checin time and it shows available times.

On the Website check in you have o select each PAX individually and go through all the questions until you get to checkin time and then  you can change it.

You can use the menu bar at the top of the screen once you hit the first question to skip to the end...

• Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 12:45 PM, Sascol said:

I've used the app exclusively.  It's simple and quick to check when I have a moment and think about it.

On 8/31/2021 at 10:11 AM, Jim_Iain said:

I experienced same on my 9/5 and 9/17 cruises.    Originally got a 1:30 and checked back and they opened up all time slots.  I was able to get a 11:30 as well as many people on our roll call.

Just for the sake of further experience, the 11:30 slot opened up for my earlier sailing yesterday. The later one still has only the 3pm.

Happy sailing! 

On 8/31/2021 at 10:13 AM, lovrccl said:

I checked in for November 28 cruise on Equinox at 1:30 am. I got a Noon arrival time. 🤷

We're also on this cruise and I thought it was interesting that they only had three time slots open which are now gone.  Our Sept Equinox cruise had openings from 12:00 until 4:00 from the start and later added 11:30.  It's good you found another cruise after having the Summit canceled. 

Sue

Has anyone had any experience with persons on the same reservation being given two different check in times? I am scheduled to check in at 1:00pm but something went wonky on hubby's check in and he's scheduled for 2:30pm. Will they let both of us board at 1:00pm? Or will we (or he) have to wait until the later time?