Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

I'm sailing on the Pride of America Saturday and just today got upgraded from a balcony room to a penthouse suite. The ship must not be very full because I offered the lowest rate for the upgrade and they still  accepted it.

• Like 5

On 4/24/2022 at 2:39 AM, MoCruiseFan said:

Hi Tia.  You can go to this link -> https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/NCL/

We haven't sailed on NCL in many years, and I don't remember this the last time we did. We're on the POA this fall. So we get an email when bidding is an option? It just periodically check? 

2 hours ago, deweytrader said:

Just got upgraded today 4/28 from Balcony to Haven Courtyard Penthouse w/ Lg Balcony (HE) on the Joy 5/1 sailing to Bermuda.  Had to move to fair territory as I missed the 1st round of upgrades that were processed on Tues 4/26.

Congratulations I wondered how much higher I would have needed to go, now I have a good idea, enjoy your cruise!!

If your bid is accepted do you keep all the same amenities that are on the original booking? If your bid is not accepted can you bid again and up it in small increments? I just received an upgrade bid offer  for Norwegian Dawn Baltic sailing 8/16/22. I am currently in an inside. I can bid on outside, balcony, or club balcony. I was going to bid $125 for the balcony. Is that going to be enough? 

42 minutes ago, susiesan said:

If your bid is accepted do you keep all the same amenities that are on the original booking? If your bid is not accepted can you bid again and up it in small increments? I just received an upgrade bid offer  for Norwegian Dawn Baltic sailing 8/16/22. I am currently in an inside. I can bid on outside, balcony, or club balcony. I was going to bid $125 for the balcony. Is that going to be enough? 

For me, that was enough for a club suite...in May.  It certainly could get you a regular balcony. However, I don't know how things are in the summer, things will be busier. 

1 hour ago, Trimone said:

Why don’t people pay the correct price? It causes more embarrassment later on. Comparing what each other paid, with everyone that paid the correct price looking on!

It's a gamble that some are willing to take. You give up the security of knowing the specific cabin you will be in, for the chance to get a 'better' room at a discount of a price. Some people place a high priority on being near the elevator, away from public areas, on a certain deck, near their friends/travel companions, etc... for them the upgrade bids are not a good idea. 

For the rest of us, if we're able to get an upgrade to a bigger/better room at a discount... why would you be angry about that? There's no "correct" price. The prices change constantly and fluctuate all the time. Some people get in at a great time and score a good price and never look back. Others book because they want that particular sailing/cabin and never look back. And others book and then price check, and keep checking, and either get price adjustments or cabin upgrades when a better deal comes along. It's all part of the vacation planning game.

The point of sharing your bids once accepted is to help other travelers in knowing what is a 'good' bid, and for people to have a gauge as to what type of deals can be found for those willing to look for them. It's not meant to make people who paid 'full price' for a particular room feel bad or inferior, so don't take it that way.

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Trimone said:

Why don’t people pay the correct price? It causes more embarrassment later on. Comparing what each other paid, with everyone that paid the correct price looking on!

There is no "correct" price.

Even those who are in the same cabin category on any given sailing booked straightaway (not won through bidding up) will likely have paid a wide range of prices and some may even have a different additional promos (although it seems like a hundred years now that its been the same free at sea offers [always expiring any minute now and then miraculously reappearing the next day 😃])

And could you clarify whom you think should be embarrassed: the bid winner for getting something on the cheap? The person who booked at higher price what they wanted upfront guaranteeing they are in the cabin they prefer?

Neither instance should be cause for embarrassment, in my opinion.

Edited by cruiseinfoseeker
  • Like 4

Greetings,

Apologies for the obvious question to you regular cruisers ( I couldn't find the answer with the search function on here).

I am booked to sail on the Escape in June and have been sent the "Upgrade Link".

We are currently Booked in a Club Suite Balcony and have been offered an array of Haven upgrade options.

*This is only my second cruise (1st with NCL also on the Epic.. it was Epic 🙂 ) so this is the first time I have encountered this upgrade option.

On the link it displays a price slider that you are willing to bid for the upgrade.
This is accompanied by a graphic that indicates if it is a good poor/good bid etc.

My question is, is this bid based on a per person or a group(i.e. Family) bid? 

I see no indication to what the bid/charge is on the link.

Thank you in advance for any information.
Regards,
Danny.

22 minutes ago, WexIrl said:

Greetings,

Apologies for the obvious question to you regular cruisers ( I couldn't find the answer with the search function on here).

I am booked to sail on the Escape in June and have been sent the "Upgrade Link".

We are currently Booked in a Club Suite Balcony and have been offered an array of Haven upgrade options.

*This is only my second cruise (1st with NCL also on the Epic.. it was Epic 🙂 ) so this is the first time I have encountered this upgrade option.

On the link it displays a price slider that you are willing to bid for the upgrade.
This is accompanied by a graphic that indicates if it is a good poor/good bid etc.

My question is, is this bid based on a per person or a group(i.e. Family) bid? 

I see no indication to what the bid/charge is on the link.

Thank you in advance for any information.
Regards,
Danny.

It’s times two, whether it be a solo in the cabin, 2, 3 or 4 in the cabin if you bid 300 it’s 300 x 2 so 600 also if you bought the ncl insurance and you win you have to pay the additional insurance cost, enjoy your cruise 

Just now, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

It’s times two, whether it be a solo in the cabin, 2, 3 or 4 in the cabin if you bid 300 it’s 300 x 2 so 600 also if you bought the ncl insurance and you win you have to pay the additional insurance cost, enjoy your cruise 

Thank you for the reply.