Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

My sailing just went to "live bid". I don't think I like this process. It's really a good way for the cruise to get you to over bid. How do you REALLY know that you are out bid? It could just keep saying that until people start to slow down on the bid and eventually stop with the person's high bid. After that they can then say you won your bid.

It also seems like the amount they are giving to the high bid people (a few people on my roll call told us the amount of their winning bid) is really close to what the cost to just book the room would have been. NCL really knows how to rake in the extra $$$. Hahaha!

8 hours ago, georgio19 said:

My sailing just went to "live bid". I don't think I like this process. It's really a good way for the cruise to get you to over bid. How do you REALLY know that you are out bid? It could just keep saying that until people start to slow down on the bid and eventually stop with the person's high bid. After that they can then say you won your bid.

It also seems like the amount they are giving to the high bid people (a few people on my roll call told us the amount of their winning bid) is really close to what the cost to just book the room would have been. NCL really knows how to rake in the extra $$$. Hahaha!

Be really careful with your bids, have a Firm price in place. Go back and see what Haven cabins are going for. I booked a Haven cabin after I realized it was cheaper than my highest bid......

• Like 1

9 hours ago, georgio19 said:

My total fare for a 21 night sailing after live bidding in a Haven suite was less than half of the original, so deals can be had.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

One other thing to note:  A spa balcony is essentially the same room as a regular balcony just closer to the spa.  I've seen people bid more to upgrade from a balcony to a spa balcony than a spa pass would cost which is ridiculous.

Thats crazy, normally right off the bat a spa balcony is about $100 cheaper to book instead of booking a regular balcony and then buying passes

Sailing Sunday on the Bliss. Just received the upgrade from a Club Balcony Suite w/lg balcony to the Haven Forward Facing Penthouse. 
Minimum was $650 x2 Maximum was $2400 x2

when I called our PCC four weeks ago he told us we could upgrade for $4443. Decided to take a chance and bid on 8 Haven suites. 
They accepted our bid of $1240 x 2. Not the greatest but not bad. 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, DaggoB said:

Sailing Sunday on the Bliss. Just received the upgrade from a Club Balcony Suite w/lg balcony to the Haven Forward Facing Penthouse. 

when I called our PCC four weeks ago he told us we could upgrade for $4443. Decided to take a chance and bid on 8 Haven suites. 

Wow, that's a great deal! Enjoy!

4 hours ago, DaggoB said:

Amazing!! We are on the same cruise and have also bid on a Haven room. This gives me hope we might still get one 😊

5 minutes ago, complawyer said:

so you ended up paying almost $2500. let us know when you get back if it was worth the difference in $$$

We were on a 10 night Canada/NE  on the Joy in September.  Found out two hours after we boarded that we won a 2 BR in the Haven (from a balcony).  $1300 each.  It was worth every penny!  Best trip ever.  Waiting for bidding to open up on my 16 night TA in April.  It’s going to be really hard to go back to a regular cabin.  LOL

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 11/21/2022 at 9:35 PM, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

It’s only some select sailings that are live bid, sometimes the banner doesn’t come up when in certain browsers, try a different link or better yet review your offers from the email link.  happy sailing!

Thank you

2 hours ago, trbarton said:

With NCL, if your bid is excepted, will they allow you to pick another stateroom in the same category?

I’ve heard that Princess is allowing people to pick another available stateroom once your bid is excepted.

Tom😀

No you get whatever the computer assigns in your winning category no exceptions that I’ve heard of in the 5 years I’ve been following this thread happy Sailing!

10 hours ago, complawyer said:

so you ended up paying almost $2500. let us know when you get back if it was worth the difference in $$$

we sailed the Bliss in Haven last Jan - Mexican Riviera- we loved the Haven- its amazing and worth the extra $ 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Beaver1975 said:

I have a bid submitted for my upcoming cruise.  I see that I can modify or cancel my bid.  I would like change the category of cabin that I am bidding on.  Does anybody know how to this without the initial bid request from?

Go to modify it will pull up your current bids and also any other categories that you are allowed to bid on that you haven’t yet.  Happy sailing!

44 minutes ago, Beaver1975 said:

Only my bid shows up with no other cabin options.

If you click on modify and that’s all that comes up that’s all you can bid on you can’t bid on every category,  for example if in inside you can bid on ocean view or balcony, in a balcony you can bid on club balcony mini suites and havens

1 hour ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

If you click on modify and that’s all that comes up that’s all you can bid on you can’t bid on every category,  for example if in inside you can bid on ocean view or balcony, in a balcony you can bid on club balcony mini suites and havens

I am already bidding on a suite but would like to bid on a different type of suite.  Nothing other than the bid I have in process shows up.

Update....At the very bottom of the Modify/Cancel form is a link for the other potential upgrade options.

Edited by Beaver1975

Watching these cabins like a hawk, looking to score an upgrade from my Balcony - either via direct upgrade or Bidding for the upgrade.  Sailing out on the Joy on Dec 18 - we are 22 days out. Check ins begin tomorrow and still not completely sold out on really anything from what I see excluding some Haven Categories and Oceanview for more than 2 ppl. I have bids on everything above PH Suite w/ Balcony -  all at mid tier.  It's my first time cruising so wondering Is it normal for a sailing to still be pretty much available room wise this close to sailing? 

• Like 2

On 11/23/2022 at 7:19 PM, Russiamomm said:

We were on a 10 night Canada/NE  on the Joy in September.  Found out two hours after we boarded that we won a 2 BR in the Haven (from a balcony).  $1300 each.  It was worth every penny!  Best trip ever.  Waiting for bidding to open up on my 16 night TA in April.  It’s going to be really hard to go back to a regular cabin.  LOL

Didn't you notice that your cabin number had changed?  Good luck with going back... not many succeed! 🤭

• Like 2