Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

14 hours ago, UWCorry said:

We had two bids accepted. Both from Inside Guarantees (assigned). 

NCL Prima 12/30/22

$205 pp balcony

$220 pp family balcony

Took about a week on one and 3 days on another. 

Wow way to go!  And this is a NYE cruise... do you know if your cruise if full ?  

I got an email about bidding on upgrading...I've never done it before. 

I put a bid in for a balcony (we just have an interior as of now). Can you put more than 1 bid in (say for an OV) as well?

I see people talking about a "live" bid. Where is that and how does it work?

2 minutes ago, mitsugirly said:

I got an email about bidding on upgrading...I've never done it before. 

I put a bid in for a balcony (we just have an interior as of now). Can you put more than 1 bid in (say for an OV) as well?

I see people talking about a "live" bid. Where is that and how does it work?

Yes, you can put in more than one bid.   You have the option to bid on all of the options available to you.

Live bidding does not always pop up.   I believe you get a notice that you were outbid and you get a chance to increase your bid.

Looking forward to reading about your next adventure!

Just now, vacation44 said:

Yes, you can put in more than one bid.   You have the option to bid on all of the options available to you.

Live bidding does not always pop up.   I believe you get a notice that you were outbid and you get a chance to increase your bid.

How do you go back to add bids to the other rooms available? (I thought you could only pick one when I did it)  When I click on the link it provided, it's only giving me the option to modify the one I did.

2 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

How do you go back to add bids to the other rooms available? (I thought you could only pick one when I did it)  When I click on the link it provided, it's only giving me the option to modify the one I did.

That may be the only available option to you at this time. Other categories may be booked. Also in an inside, you can only bid balcony as max. Only 2 categories up.

2 hours ago, vacation44 said:

When you go to live, all your prior bids are cancelled.

When you live bid, you are told how many you are bidding against.

There is no maximum bid.

When you bid and are leading you get a notice. When you are outbid you also get an email. You have no idea what the other bids are.

I went live and was leading 5 categories until I was only leading one which I won. Over $4000 per person bid 

Other categories I was between $6000-7500 per person and lost.

Edited by mscdivina2016

2 hours ago, mitsugirly said:

You have to go back to the original email or use the banner that says let’s get you upgrade on your Home Screen.  If you go to the email with your original bids it only gives you the option as you say to modify your existing bids, I just tried as well but when I went to my original ‘email all of the options came up.  Happy sailing!

2 hours ago, vacation44 said:

We have only seen haven go to live bidding, and that is just on random sailings so I doubt you will have to worry about live bidding since you’re trying for a balcony.  Good luck!

4 minutes ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

We have only seen haven go to live bidding, and that is just on random sailings so I doubt you will have to worry about live bidding since you’re trying for a balcony.  Good luck!

Not me, but mitsigirly.  We are not bidding on our upcoming cruise as we already have a Haven two bedroom suite.    However, when we sailed both times this year, we were given the opportunity to bid on Haven categories without live bidding.

9 hours ago, UWCorry said:

I have no idea. I was thinking maybe not given the upgrades. 

Do you know if there is a way to check?

there are a few travel websites you can do mock bookings to see if ample cabins are left.  At least it gives an idea of the capacity within a couple of weeks prior to sailing.

With 30 days to go on the upcoming Getaway cruise in mid/late January out of NY, I can confirm that our friends (using a CAS land-issued voucher, etc.) was awarded an "Upgrade Advantage" bid, two (2) weeks ago - moved from their ("IA") Inside on Deck 12 Mid to a ("BA") Balcony, also on Deck 12 (Fwd).  Bid for Club Balcony, not accepted (as that was low, very low, barely moved the "meter") and also for an Oceanview (just in case, with at least a view) - won the Balcony for under ($180 p/p x 2, approximately - best to not disclose the "exact" amount since other bids might still be pending)   It was fair/passed poor but to them, very reasonable for 12 nights, 2/3 of it in warmer Caribbean waters.  Prices for a new balcony booking remained fairly high & mostly unchanged - had they wanted to pay for a straight upgrade, the difference would be more than double of the amount charged to their credit card offered to NCL.  

Haven is practically sold out, ditto for Spa cabins, not much remaining for new Club Balcony "suite" - inexpensive Insides (including Sail Aways) & some Oceanview (Deck 5) remaining, from what I see this morning.  

6 hours ago, mking8288 said:

With 30 days to go on the upcoming Getaway cruise in mid/late January out of NY, I can confirm that our friends (using a CAS land-issued voucher, etc.) was awarded an "Upgrade Advantage" bid, two (2) weeks ago - moved from their ("IA") Inside on Deck 12 Mid to a ("BA") Balcony, also on Deck 12 (Fwd).  Bid for Club Balcony, not accepted (as that was low, very low, barely moved the "meter") and also for an Oceanview (just in case, with at least a view) - won the Balcony for under ($180 p/p x 2, approximately - best to not disclose the "exact" amount since other bids might still be pending)   It was fair/passed poor but to them, very reasonable for 12 nights, 2/3 of it in warmer Caribbean waters.  Prices for a new balcony booking remained fairly high & mostly unchanged - had they wanted to pay for a straight upgrade, the difference would be more than double of the amount charged to their credit card offered to NCL.  

Haven is practically sold out, ditto for Spa cabins, not much remaining for new Club Balcony "suite" - inexpensive Insides (including Sail Aways) & some Oceanview (Deck 5) remaining, from what I see this morning.  

Interesting that they were already upgrading people at 30 days out. That's very early. Must have been a ton of cabins left. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, asmit4 said:

Interesting that they were already upgrading people at 30 days out. That's very early. Must have been a ton of cabins left. 

Ships should be sailing full this week and next week with the holidays ... January is typically a slower month without full occupancies, demographics are different.  Aside from self-employed and retirees, not everyone can easily approved for taking vacations at the beginning of a calendar year.   Already surprised that our CC friends currently on the GEM's 14 nights TA crossing got upgraded from their (also) very low bid from oceanview to balcony at 1 month out, then this one came at 44 or 45 days out with a low offered amount.  GEM has 1060 passengers onboard only ... I would be very surprised if ours sail at 80% to 90% occupancy, maybe 75% with lots of vacant or empty Insides.  Will find out soon enough.  

Meanwhile, look at those Haven bids, wow ... LOL  

I got a complimentary upgrade when my agent contacted NCL as the inside stateroom was cheaper than my studio. I now have an inside stateroom. I have bid for an Ocean View & a Balcony. When I go back & look at bidding it still shows that I have a studio stateroom & that I haven’t made any bids. I have a email confirming my upgrade request so something must be wrong with their site. 

I’ve bid before on Princess & when I’ve checked it shows my bids. 

When I click on the link in the email I was sent it shows my bids were cancelled. 

Any suggestions. Should I bid again?

Tom😀

I got a complimentary upgrade when my agent contacted NCL as the inside stateroom was cheaper than my studio. I now have an inside stateroom. I have bid for an Ocean View & Balcony. When I go back & look at bidding it still shows that I have a studio stateroom & that I haven’t made any bids. I have a email confirming my upgrade request so something must be wrong with their site. 

I’ve bid before on Princess & when I’ve checked it shows my bids. 

When I click on the link in the email that I was sent confirming my bids it shows my bids were cancelled. 

I’ve contacted NCL & was asked to forward my email to NCL. I’m wondering if it’s because I was given an upgrade by NCL. 

Has anyone had any problems like this?

Tom😀

Sorry in advance--newbie to NCL as a whole and was looking into the upgrade process.

Currently we have a family balcony on our January 22nd sailing for Bliss. We intentionally picked the family balcony for the sofa bed as we have a 4 year old so he would not be able to sleep on a high bunk bed.

I was looking at the bidding page; while most of the Haven rooms are out of our price range, I was looking at the lower level ones, like the Haven courtyard with balcony but could not tell if there was a sofa bed in there? What about in the club balcony or spa balcony rooms?

Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

I’ve contacted NCL & was asked to forward my email to NCL. I’m wondering if it’s because I was given an upgrade by NCL. 

Has anyone had any problems like this?

Tom😀

If your bids were cancelled which probably happened when you got the free upgrade to inside just submit another bid, remember the bidding program is run by a third party upgrade advantage not ncl good luck

32 minutes ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

If your bids were cancelled which probably happened when you got the free upgrade to inside just submit another bid, remember the bidding program is run by a third party upgrade advantage not ncl good luck

When I went to the bidding page it still showed I’m in a studio stateroom. 

Tom🤔

• Like 1