Silver Shadow from Venice

eastwoodboy

Has anyone completed their locator form for Italy yet?

I have just done mine and it shows scheduled arrival “2021-09-08 12:05 Europe/Rome”

12.05 is the arrival time at Venice Marco Polo which I clicked upon and never made any reference to Rome. The line above with date of submission also shows “Europe/Rome” and that could not have been generated by me so I guess it is just their system.

Just want to see if others are the same as paperwork is king these days I want nothing to get between me and my Pimms on deck.

Yes, EWB, I completed ours & needed liquid medication by the time I completed it.  The arrival information & pre-selected airports, etc. were indeed confusing.  It finally accepted my form & gave me a QR code.  I figured if I messed it up, I would apologize & see if it can be fixed.  Or, if like so many other forms, no one ever looks at them.

They are not sending luggage tags/cruise book.  I cruised in July and August and received luggage tags at the hotel.  Sorry you haven't received your hotel information.  You sail next week? I thought the website came back up......there should be a toll free number on there.

You sailing Shadow too?

The lecturer who I just sailed with will be on your cruise🙂 his name is Eric Ball and he is excellent.

1 hour ago, Silver Spectre said:

Hi Lois, good to see you acting as SS customer support. This has been communicated to upcoming guests exactly how?

I wasn't trying to be a smart a$$.......and am  not trying to act as anything. It has not been communicated to me. I was just trying to say I cannot recall anyone receiving anything on this "restarted cruises" so I am guessing they are not sending out anything. 

I will quit trying to help going forward.

2 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Hi Lois, good to see you acting as SS customer support. This has been communicated to upcoming guests exactly how?

I saw Barbara Muckermann say -- I think in one of her Facebook live broadcasts, or perhaps in a post -- as they were preparing to resume cruising in July that the books would not be sent. I believe she said they are created by a company in Italy and that the advance timing they need just wasn't feasible with the short-term changes they were making in cruise itineraries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

I wasn't trying to be a smart a$$.......and am  not trying to act as anything. It has not been communicated to me. I was just trying to say I cannot recall anyone receiving anything on this "restarted cruises" so I am guessing they are not sending out anything. 

I will quit trying to help going forward.

You have mis-read my post, it was appreciative of your help and not at all critical. English humour and irony.

Edited by Silver Spectre
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

I saw Barbara Muckermann say -- I think in one of her Facebook live broadcasts, or perhaps in a post -- as they were preparing to resume cruising in July that the books would not be sent. I believe she said they are created by a company in Italy and that the advance timing they need just wasn't feasible with the short-term changes they were making in cruise itineraries.

FB is irrelevant to most SS guests. Communication is by email or a phone call from an SS consultant. Sometimes BM seems to forget that. It was actually the luggage tags that I was after. Thanks for the info cruiseej, appreciate the response.

14 minutes ago, Silver Spectre said:

You have mis-read my post, it was appreciative of your help and not at all critical. English humour and irony.

Thank you for the reply.....I guess I did mis-read it. The internet can certainly be a "funky medium".

13 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Thank you for the reply.....I guess I did mis-read it. The internet can certainly be a "funky medium".

Lois, I am also one who finds internet emails and forums sometimes difficult to interpret the meaning behind the words. So don't worry 🙂.

I am sure from what my TA has said even Seabourn hasn't been sending out the usual pre-cruise booklets, luggage tags etc. Everything has been online due to concerns with postal delays, getting things manufactured etc. It is just another thing we have to adjust to if we want to sail while Covid is still impacting travel.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, frantic36 said:

Lois, I am also one who finds internet emails and forums sometimes difficult to interpret the meaning behind the words. So don't worry 🙂.

I am sure from what my TA has said even Seabourn hasn't been sending out the usual pre-cruise booklets, luggage tags etc. Everything has been online due to concerns with postal delays, getting things manufactured etc. It is just another thing we have to adjust to if we want to sail while Covid is still impacting travel.

That would be true.  SB did all the pre-cruise stuff via e-mails, downloads, and through their app.  

Hank