Are you planning to book on Vista?

Robjame

46 minutes ago, WNcruiser said:

Without starting a debate, no thank you. I was able to book the sailing I wanted and get the exact cabin I wanted in 5 minutes on my own. No lost sleep 🙂

I was surprised all categories were open and no website issues. I see they lowered the Olife credit to $300 though 😞

What was  it before?

Either there is very low demand, or Oceania has changed its protocols, or both. At one time, especially on opening day, those booking on-line would get a message saying something to the effect that the reservation requests had been received but was not final until later confirmation. Then you waited. Surprised people are saying they already have confirmed contracts.

Still awaiting word from my TA.

Edited by pinotlover

1 hour ago, WNcruiser said:

I was able to book the sailing I wanted and get the exact cabin I wanted in 5 minutes on my own.

There seems to be 3 ways to book on Oceania.

1. Through a TA

2. By phone to Oceania

3. On the website

My experience is limited but I would agree with most that #1 is the preferred way. Had someone else wanted that stateroom on your preferred cruise, and had they told their (connected) TA in advance then you would be SOL.

Also, I have found that not all available staterooms show up on the website. I have been able to obtain a preferred stateroom which didn't show up on the site. As well, I have obtained the same stateroom on a B2B which was not available.

Had you used a connected TA, you might have received that $400 OLife obc if it was shown at your time of booking.

Lastly a connected TA can provide value added to your reservation. Mine always provides a Limo to the airport. She has put courtesy holds on reservations while we make up our mind. As well she has an ad in the paper offering prepaid gratuities for a Vista reservation. She informs me of price decreases. I also have an intermediary if things start to go south. She is privy to a lot of information.

Like you, I am not trying to continue a debate but rather explain why most long-time Oceania travellers use a connected TA.

Like pinotlover, I am waiting for a call from my TA.

• Like 2

Our TA tried to book us a PH2 mid ship  on the London to NY and then NY to Montreal and we ended up on deck 7 back of the ship.  She said their website froze, called Oceania and this is all they had left.  We have sailed 35 times with Oceania and  I assure you, there is pent up demand.  Look at what cabins are left on these sailings.   

2 minutes ago, slw207693 said:

Our TA tried to book us a PH2 mid ship  on the London to NY and then NY to Montreal and we ended up on deck 7 back of the ship.  She said their website froze, called Oceania and this is all they had left.  We have sailed 35 times with Oceania and  I assure you, there is pent up demand.  Look at what cabins are left on these sailings.   

I just looked, virtually every Vista cruise and most categories are open.  I don't believe this is going to be the exclusive, amazing, incredible, instant sell out that some seem to think.  Now if Oceania had extended all the outstanding FCC's into 2023 this might have played differently.

When you go to book a cruise most good suites show wait listed.  We didn’t get the suite we wanted, the sales person from “O” never e-mail me any information regarding if we got the suite or not.  Our TA called to check and said no it didn’t happen, but did put a hold on a Penthouse. (Surprising “O” didn’t even do that).  We said no, take us off the hold and booked another cruise with Silversea.  I realize “O” is busy today, but service isn service and if “O” can’t give it, that is sad not even a email.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, shepherd really said:

I just looked, virtually every Vista cruise and most categories are open.  I don't believe this is going to be the exclusive, amazing, incredible, instant sell out that some seem to think.  Now if Oceania had extended all the outstanding FCC's into 2023 this might have played differently.

Only on the first page, after you try to book it will show most suites are waitlisted.

• Like 1

I

10 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

Only on the first page, after you try to book it will show most suites are waitlisted.

I checked again.  Most stateroom categories are available.  Yes, the much more limited number of PH and above suites are now wait listed. 

Not to say they aren't filling staterooms, but we'll see in a few weeks what the availability looks like.   I can wait, there is plenty of time and many options for 2023.

1 hour ago, shepherd really said:

I agree. We have an FCC that we need to use by the end of 2022. We are struggling to find a cruise that works. O won’t let us use it for a waitlisted cruise which so many are. If they had extended it to 2023 we’d be booking Vista today.

• Like 1

We just heard from our TA and we got the stateroom category that we asked for.

We are booked on the Maiden Voyage - Rome to Barcelona - Apr 14 - 26 2023

and b2b

Canary Islands Explorer -  Barcelona to Lisbon - April 26 - May 6 2023

• Like 2

In time more cabin will come available

people may changer their mind in the next year  or so  or their  circumstances may change

People will change their minds  later  but at this time they just want something booked

just ask your TA to keep watching for your preferred cabin

JMO

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

people may changer their mind in the next year  or so  or their  circumstances may change

People will change their minds  later  but at this time they just want something booked

JMO

They are all available, just looked at all 18 of the 2023 cruises and rooms are available in every single category.  When celebrity opened Beyond booking they were snatched up very quickly.  Wondering if folks just waiting for this current wave to do whatever it is going to do.

19 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

They are all available, just looked at all 18 of the 2023 cruises and rooms are available in every single category.

You have to go beyond that first page. For instance on the Maiden Voyage, if you continue to select a stateroom, you will find 7/14 categories are waitlisted - nothing PH and above is available.

20 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

They are all available, just looked at all 18 of the 2023 cruises and rooms are available in every single category.  When celebrity opened Beyond booking they were snatched up very quickly.  Wondering if folks just waiting for this current wave to do whatever it is going to do.

If you click through like you were going to book a cruise, then you will see some categories waitlisted on some cruises. 
I checked a few itineraries out of curiosity.

1 hour ago, Robjame said:

You have to go beyond that first page. For instance on the Maiden Voyage, if you continue to select a stateroom, you will find 7/14 categories are waitlisted - nothing PH and above is available.

Ok thanks I did not do just stayed on first page which showed itinerary and cabin below.  I’m not booking but was just curious.  I’m content to wait for my Nov 2022 Riviera will be an O newbie!

• Like 1

I am really surprised on the availability of staterooms on the first two Vista voyages. Some may have been scared off by the hype, thinking that there would be no availability. Many of the regular Oceania travellers may have Future Cruise Credits that cannot be used in 2023.

Interestingly, there are extended balcony staterooms available, except they are now A1 rather than B3. While they are a bargain on Riviera and Marina, the cost is not one that we can justify on Vista. The difference in price for us on this B2B, first 2 Vista voyages, is $7100 CAD. This is just us and the cost is an issue. We are pleased we scored a B4 stateroom.

30 minutes ago, Robjame said:

I am really surprised on the availability of staterooms on the first two Vista voyages. Some may have been scared off by the hype, thinking that there would be no availability. Many of the regular Oceania travellers may have Future Cruise Credits that cannot be used in 2023.

Interestingly, there are extended balcony staterooms available, except they are now A1 rather than B3. While they are a bargain on Riviera and Marina, the cost is not one that we can justify on Vista. The difference in price for us on this B2B, first 2 Vista voyages, is $7100 CAD. This is just us and the cost is an issue. We are pleased we scored a B4 stateroom.

Usually the 1st voyages  are  still a work in progress & as others have mentioned  a lot of the pax will be by invitation only

The extended balconies on the O class ships started as B4's  they became quite sought after  so now B3

Same with the  2 cabins inbetween the suites fore & aft on the R ships  they were B's  & now A'

Demand  will drive the prices up

It is not just Oceania  that reorganizes  the cabin categories to make  more $$

JMO

18 hours ago, LHT28 said:

JMO

I realize what your saying, but I prefer to book the suite I want at the time I’m booking.  Wait listing is great for “O”, but not being sure what you’ll get isn’t for me in my opinion.  If I can’t get what I want I move on—this time “O” lost—I moved thin cruise to Silversea.

Ronrick1943,

IMHO, you are making a mistake.  I had a friend booked  in the morning yesterday in A-2 but wanted a PH, Waitlisted and by 5:00 p.m., picked up a cancellation and got his PH, right where he wanted it. HAPPY WIFE,HAPPY LIFE. 

There were bookings flying off the shelf yesterday and the majority was agents booking without deposits.  All those Options will come due on the 22nd and then the Waitlists will kick in on the 23rd.  Your TA can help make things happen.

We got ours yesterday so now we block the calendar in 2023 and await the sailing of Vista with friends. 
Mauibabes

23 hours ago, ORV said:

Seeing how NO ONE has been on this ship yet it would be really hard for anyone to answer this for you. 

are the  best concierge cabins numbers on the marina same or similiar  to the marina.  the cabin i have on hold is between the steps and elevator. problem?