Oasis of the Seas first revenue cruise on September 5th

DJLDRUMS

wingatesl ....ALL your feedback and photos have been an inspiration to everyone, especially those that will be sailing in a week to the end of October. What's the current "tempo" (pardon my pun) and feel of everyone that you've seen on the ship other than happy to be cruising again. Btw, have you been able to get a passenger count from Guest Relations, they may or may not want that information given out. But those that have been following the CDC's chart for all of the cruise ships will know that the Oasis went from a yellow to a green status a couple of days ago. They update their chart every week.

9 minutes ago, wingatesl said:

Confirmed. No tracelets

Interesting difference — nice not to need them since they were bigger than the V bands. We had them on Ovation on the Aug 20 cruise, along with the vaccination bands, so we had to wear both. Maybe the new protocols are working well and they don’t feel the need for the tracelets now?

4 minutes ago, sixbirches said:

Interesting difference — nice not to need them since they were bigger than the V bands. We had them on Ovation on the Aug 20 cruise, along with the vaccination bands, so we had to wear both. Maybe the new protocols are working well and they don’t feel the need for the tracelets now?

Progress ! lets hope things stay that way...cruisers just want to have fun!

19 minutes ago, DJLDRUMS said:

wingatesl ....ALL your feedback and photos have been an inspiration to everyone, especially those that will be sailing in a week to the end of October. What's the current "tempo" (pardon my pun) and feel of everyone that you've seen on the ship other than happy to be cruising again. Btw, have you been able to get a passenger count from Guest Relations, they may or may not want that information given out. But those that have been following the CDC's chart for all of the cruise ships will know that the Oasis went from a yellow to a green status a couple of days ago. They update their chart every week.

I was told about 2600. 

drinks come fast, crew is happy! The promenade is very slow (it usually is on sea days with good weather). The solarium is busy as is the pool deck. I would say 60-70% of loungers are taken. 

Definitely a bit more laid back than our last time on here, but let’s see how it goes tonight. Most everyone I have talked to is staying on the ship tomorrow so I expect shenanigans 

1 minute ago, wingatesl said:

I was told about 2600. 

drinks come fast, crew is happy! The promenade is very slow (it usually is on sea days with good weather). The solarium is busy as is the pool deck. I would say 60-70% of loungers are taken. 

Definitely a bit more laid back than our last time on here, but let’s see how it goes tonight. Most everyone I have talked to is staying on the ship tomorrow so I expect shenanigans 

Ahhh, nice report, thanks for everything you've provided. Do you really think many will stay on board at Port Canaveral ? I know we bought the Canaveral Space Center excursion through RC.  Good to have calm seas and sunshine...here's one for you to ask about....if you can find out, will they be having The Quest?

6 hours ago, ecslady said:

I am sailing solo next week.  Can you find out if they are seating solos alone in the dining room or seating them with others for dinner?

Hi ecslady...my friend Patricia and I are sailing next week too. If you would like we are anytime diners and have reservations at 7:00 on Sunday night..in dining room on 3rd deck, both vacced. You are welcome to join us....if you would like.

Paula

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Floater4life said:

Hi ecslady...my friend Patricia and I are sailing next week too. If you would like we are anytime diners and have reservations at 7:00 on Sunday night..in dining room on 3rd deck, both vacced. You are welcome to join us....if you would like.

Paula

Hi - I would love to meet up with you, if not for dinner at some other time.  Right now I have 5:30 dining, I am wait listed for My Time Dining.  Once on board I'm going to see if I can be switched.  I mad reservations for Solarium Bistro on the first night because I want to watch sailaway and of course, 5:30 dining would intefere with that. And of course, I'm vaccinated as we have to be! Are you on the Sept 12 roll call or the FB group for the cruise?

4 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Hi - I would love to meet up with you, if not for dinner at some other time.  Right now I have 5:30 dining, I am wait listed for My Time Dining.  Once on board I'm going to see if I can be switched.  I mad reservations for Solarium Bistro on the first night because I want to watch sailaway and of course, 5:30 dining would intefere with that. And of course, I'm vaccinated as we have to be! Are you on the Sept 12 roll call or the FB group for the cruise?

Hey ..yes on the roll call but not doing the bar crawl thing...We have a 1:00 embark time and will be milling about. Let me know if you want to hook up for cocktails and pre sail away chill.  

35 minutes ago, Floater4life said:

Hey ..yes on the roll call but not doing the bar crawl thing...We have a 1:00 embark time and will be milling about. Let me know if you want to hook up for cocktails and pre sail away chill.  

I'm not doing the bar crawl thing either.  My time to board is 12:30 - 1 pm.   I plan on getting there at 12:30.  Where will you be hanging out after you board?

32 minutes ago, ecslady said:

I'm not doing the bar crawl thing either.  My time to board is 12:30 - 1 pm.   I plan on getting there at 12:30.  Where will you be hanging out after you board?

Hey..probably walk around awhile...been on this ship before but want to check it out, drop our stuff off in cabin. How about on deck 15 at Lime and Coconut bar at 4:00ish? (time flexible). I'm wearing my Eagles shirt with an Eagles Marti Gras Beads.  Patricia will have her Pink Eagles hat and beads as well (it's NFL Opening Day). 6 Days to go!!!

40 minutes ago, Floater4life said:

Hey..probably walk around awhile...been on this ship before but want to check it out, drop our stuff off in cabin. How about on deck 15 at Lime and Coconut bar at 4:00ish? (time flexible). I'm wearing my Eagles shirt with an Eagles Marti Gras Beads.  Patricia will have her Pink Eagles hat and beads as well (it's NFL Opening Day). 6 Days to go!!!

Hope springs eternal!  😉 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Floater4life said:

Sounds good.  Not sure what I'll be wearing but I'll look for you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wingatesl said:

Will stop by there tomorrow. Anything in particular?

Just general schedules or daily planners and any other info (we are curious on restrictions/limited hours, etc). For our group basically the 6-12 group and teenagers. Any info is appreciated!

I have a weird question. Do you remember around what time you sailed under the Verrazano? We don’t want to miss it, since this is Oasis!!!  But also trying to plan around dinner.
I should know this since we’ve done this sail away many times, but I’ve  never paid attention to how long it takes since sail away has always been earlier than 5:00.  I’m thinking it’s about an hour to sail to the bridge…. But, maybe a little less?

Thanks!

17 minutes ago, sixbirches said:

I have a weird question. Do you remember around what time you sailed under the Verrazano? We don’t want to miss it, since this is Oasis!!!  But also trying to plan around dinner.
I should know this since we’ve done this sail away many times, but I’ve  never paid attention to how long it takes since sail away has always been earlier than 5:00.  I’m thinking it’s about an hour to sail to the bridge…. But, maybe a little less?

Thanks!

they went under the bridge about 5:30. I took note because we’re on the 9/26

• Like 1

wingatesl.....how's the MDR waiter and assistant waiter you have. Are the tables spaced apart more, would you say they have more tables to serve ? And how do you find the selections and quality of the food, portions, desserts etc. Or are they the usual menu that rotates among all their ships.  What time did your Compass mention you'll arrive at P C as well as the departure time. If you stay on board tomorrow I'm sure you'll have plenty more questions from interested cruisers looking for your answers.