World Club Membership Issues?

wallis7219

Hello

Has anyone been experiencing issues with Cunard World Club Membership numbers.

We booked a little 4 night cruise on QE

Advised our current membership numbers and all was good. Then a few weeks back Cunard emailed me with some info and noticed that it was a new Club membership number.

We got our TA to contact them and they seem to sort it out 

Come to print our etickets off and now Cunard have issued us with New Numbers and think its our First time cruising with Cunard.

Anyone experience anything similar recently?

Kind Regards

Gary

I'm not too sure if we have covered this before  ( might have been on another forum I belong to) 

There has been a glitch in the system during these staycation cruises and many seasoned Cunard customers  (including me)  have appeared as first timers on their cruise documentation .  

If you have booked trough a TA please give them a quick call or alternatively  you could try calling Cunard (if you can get through 😉)  Otherwise visit the 'onboard Voyage Sales office' these are the people who deal with 'Cunard World Club membership'

Just to add, don't waste your time speaking with the Pursers desk, they will only advise you to speak with voyage sales .  

I seem to have this problem a lot and the voyage sales on the QV was useless. If you can get it sorted before you sale then that’s your best bet. It’s very frustrating. 

Ever since booking through a TA, I’ve had this problem, if I book direct then there’s no issue. 

Amazing that you say Voyage Sales were unable to rectify your problem .

The Onboard Voyage sales department are responsible for Cunard World Club membership , they have access to a Customer's cruising history and can rectify any issues within a few hours.  

2 hours ago, rakkor said:

Our e-tickets gave no WC status, but the Boarding Pass was correct and had our Platinum status on it

Our e-tickets were incorrect for !3th Aug cruise they had no CWC status even though we were Platinum and for that reason automatically gave us a very late boarding time instead of priority boarding. Cunard said they knew about this IT issue but obviously have not sorted it out.

Thank everyone for your replies.

Also the heads up about not going to the pursers desk, to be told to go to Onboard Voyages.

Think my TA given up with them now, as they have changed it twice! 
Perhaps booking direct is the way forward ! 

Anyway not long to go before back on the seas again, it been along 19 months for us.

Cheers

Gary

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This may or may not be related, but I've noticed the Cunard US website is not accepting my Cunard World Club number when I start a booking on their website. I was doing a mock booking to verify it applies the past passenger discount for the "Three for All" promotion going on in the US.

Well, I can't tell if it applies that discount because the booking process refuses to accept my Cunard World Club number when prompted for it on the Primary traveler page. There is no error message. It simply refuses to proceed to the Secondary traveler page until I blank out the Cunard World Club number field.

If I do decide to book a Cunard voyage, I will most likely use a travel agent/third-party cruise booking website. Just mentioning this in case others are running into this issue on the Cunard US website. This may not be an issue in the UK since the Cunard UK website has the "My Account" login process which we don't have anymore in the US.