Live on Majestic Princess 09/05/2021`

Musky Ike

3 hours ago, geoherb said:

On my cruise last month, it was open noon until 3 and 4 until 7 on embarkation day. 

Thank you so much. We want to purchase the December 30th cruise on the Grand. We’ve always wanted to sail over New Years. It’s a bit pricey, so hopefully we can find a deal.

2 hours ago, lbfluffy said:

Thank you so much. We want to purchase the December 30th cruise on the Grand. We’ve always wanted to sail over New Years. It’s a bit pricey, so hopefully we can find a deal.

Price is the same if you book with Princess from home or while on the cruise. Some TAs can offer a lower price.

Only benefit of booking on board is use of an FCD purchased on board if you did not have one already you could use from home.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, lbfluffy said:

Agree.  There are no special deals on board.  Make sure to get your FCD's ordered.  That's what really matters to future cruise bookings.

Getting to book a cruise is not the Sanctuary.  LOL.  You can relax and take your time.

20 hours ago, caribill said:

Price is the same if you book with Princess from home or while on the cruise. Some TAs can offer a lower price.

Only benefit of booking on board is use of an FCD purchased on board if you did not have one already you could use from home.

Yes I think we get on board credit if we book on board. Then we can transfer to our agent.

29 minutes ago, lbfluffy said:

Yes I think we get on board credit if we book on board. Then we can transfer to our agent.

You are only getting the OBC because purchase and then use of a $100 FCD as a cruise booking deposit nets you OBC based on cruise length and cabin type.  You don't need to feel pressured to make a cruise decision or booking on-board.  For sure, buy the FCD's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

You are only getting the OBC because purchase and then use of a $100 FCD as a cruise booking deposit nets you OBC based on cruise length and cabin type.  You don't need to feel pressured to make a cruise decision or booking on-board.  For sure, buy the FCD's.

I should remember this. We’ve done it in the past. I think we will get $50 on board credit for the 5 day. I know we used FCC for our December 4th cruise. 

On 9/12/2021 at 3:22 PM, SuiteTraveler said:

This is very different from how this situation is handled on Celebrity.   The cruise director came on the intercom and directed passengers and crews to make sure our companions were with us and if anyone was missing from our groups to call him on a certain number and he would page that person. Apparently the crew is divided into small "family" units and they know to look for each other during an emergency.  About 7 names were reported and called over the intercom by the cruise director with instructions to call him on a specific phone number and identify themselves immediately. Some names were only called once or twice.  When the 7th name was called the second time, you could tell from the cruise director's voice that he knew the person and was upset.  He called for that person at least 5 times over a half hour and we all knew that must be who had gone overboard.  It turned out to be a crew member who worked in the galley, unfortunately.  The ship searched for hours  until the French Coastguard joined the search and then went on to Southampton where we arrived only an hour late for debarkation.   The crew member was never found.  

It is interesting to me how this process is handled so differently by different cruise lines.

How very sad and thanks for sharing