Live on Majestic Princess 09/05/2021`

Musky Ike

10 hours ago, starboardcruiser said:

There were two lines (green lane and yellow lane).

Thank you for taking time to record your experiences and impressions.

Your note above is the second or third time I recall reading similar report.  I wonder what happened to the Blue Lane?  I guess if someone was Blue, just go to Green (wouldn't want to go Yellow as that is extra health screening required).

14 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

@starboardcruiser how was your experience with the Abbott Binaxnow? Did you have to wait long for a proctor to come on line to monitor your test?  Any issues with getting the results?  Overall do you recommend Abbott Binaxnow? 

Test works great.  Waited about 5 minutes for proctor, then 15 for result.  No issues at pier.  Had also done s test locally that didn’t state it was supervised (although it was).  They said that one would not have been ok, but emed states it is a proctored test and works great.

• Like 2

Other reports since have not been able to post….

Bistro sur le mer is fabulous.  Lots og complaints around us as portions smaller than Crown Grill, but the food and presentations are far superior imho.

Ultimate breakfast was terrific,  actually far more food than on previous sailings.  They ask what additional items you want: we ordered xtra bacon and ham and chocolate croissants.  We ate it for twodays.

Fear not, mussel pot at Crown Grill was great.  Someone apparently got a bad bunch.  Just ask for a replacement;  the crew has been extremely accommodating.  Sea bass also as good as it always has been.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, BridgeMates said:

Is there a Middle Staircase on the Majestic?

Yes - forward, midships and aft staircases. Forgot to add - remember there is no aft staircase on deck 5 - that is where the kitchen is located - so aft staircase only goes down to deck 6 outside Allegro dining room.

Edited by TinaLee

12 hours ago, udamudda said:

Would someone please check the onboard store

price of a litre of Hendricks Gin and Absolute Citron Vodka for me?  Thank you in advance.

Brenda

I was on the 8/22 cruise.  I paid about $18 for a 1 liter bottle of Absolut Citron.  Got another 10% off for elite.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Test works great.  Waited about 5 minutes for proctor, then 15 for result.  No issues at pier.  Had also done s test locally that didn’t state it was supervised (although it was).  They said that one would not have been ok, but emed states it is a proctored test and works great.

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback and ordered the tests today! 

On 9/9/2021 at 10:47 PM, Shelly97060 said:

@starboardcruiser how was your experience with the Abbott Binaxnow? Did you have to wait long for a proctor to come on line to monitor your test?  Any issues with getting the results?  Overall do you recommend Abbott Binaxnow? 

I had a great experience. I had read horror stories of wait times, so I created the account on Wednesday in anticipation of performing the test on Thursday. I logged in shortly after 8am Pacific Time, and I waited approximately 20 minutes for the proctor. There is hardly anything in the box and all of the instructions are on the screen, which threw me off somewhat. The proctor made the process very straightforward. They set a timer once you finish the test and you click a button when you are ready to be reconnected, so you don't have to worry about missing the second person helping you read the test. The results were available to me immediately, both in email and in the app. I feel very comfortable with the test and process and would use it again. The FAQs state it is acceptable, and it was such a good fit for me. I was anxious because it was different, but it seems that the staff are doing everything possible to make the boarding process as efficient as possible.

On 9/9/2021 at 11:23 PM, caribill said:

Can you explain more, how did they do this? For example was it several green lines depending on cabin location?

There was only one line. As you approached the end, the person asked groups to arrange by cabin prior to being checked in (our group is travelling in multiple cabins). It was a first come/first serve based on your placement in line, but the terminals had 1-4 passengers depending on how many were in the cabin.

18 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Thank you for taking time to record your experiences and impressions.

Your note above is the second or third time I recall reading similar report.  I wonder what happened to the Blue Lane?  I guess if someone was Blue, just go to Green (wouldn't want to go Yellow as that is extra health screening required).

You're welcome! I did not see any mention of blue lane, but I expect you are correct.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Good Q.  I would have expected Elite/Suite/Platinum and other.  But the note sounded more like deck locations.

I would have expected something like this also. I am sailing in a suite, but that did not seem to matter until I was onboard. There have been outstanding questions regarding priority embarkation, and I am sorry to report my experience does not provide any additional information. There was one green lane that seemed to be first come/first served. The staff asked groups to organize and check in by cabin once you arrived at the end of the line (ready to check in).

22 hours ago, udamudda said:

Would someone please check the onboard store

price of a litre of Hendricks Gin and Absolute Citron Vodka for me?

In 1987/88, I helped introduce Absolut Citron in the USA. The first test market was South Florida, back when nobody was interested in flavored vodka, so it's mind boggling to me when I see how many flavors they have now.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Bistro sur le mer is fabulous.  Lots og complaints around us as portions smaller than Crown Grill, but the food and presentations are far superior imho.

Ultimate breakfast was terrific,  actually far more food than on previous sailings.  They ask what additional items you want: we ordered xtra bacon and ham and chocolate croissants.  We ate it for twodays.

Fear not, mussel pot at Crown Grill was great.  Someone apparently got a bad bunch.  Just ask for a replacement;  the crew has been extremely accommodating.  Sea bass also as good as it always has been.

Agree on bistro.  Was excellent.  Crown grill still our fav. Ate there four nightd, food and service outstanding. Pics from bistro le mer. Lemon meringue desert was excellent. Very light. 

D91DF524-3B17-4364-B3B5-5626C1DE04CA.jpeg

004963B4-8464-434B-BFA9-E415CD5A7561.jpeg

2FD6CCC4-18F8-40B1-8E5E-D226A104074E.jpeg

10DAB85F-6856-47F0-8609-8348F7008863.jpeg

• Like 5

If you enjoy Chinese food, don’t forget about Harmony!

The couple next to me had followed the recommendations of Camilla, our wonderful server, so I also put my selections in her hands. I’m picky about Asian food in general and Chinese cuisine in particular. Although only one dish was true to its origin (Sichuan chicken appetizer) and the rest were adapted to an American palate… the food was insanely good. I’ve now been twice and might return tonight since nothing on the MDR menu is more appealing. How the heck are chefs in a ship galley getting a decent wok hei that elevates a simple egg white fried rice into something so complex?

Are cinnamon sugar doughnuts a Princess signature? I saw chocolate frosted doughnuts twice (once with dried coconut, ugh) but otherwise it’s been all cinnamon sugar all the time. Luckily that’s one of my favorite varieties and I may or may not eaten a full dozen of them so far. 

Sadly, I must agree with @starboardcruiser regarding the Lotus Spa staff. A bit off-putting. I did enjoy the therapy pool but not the feeling that the staff would rather not be bothered. 

• Like 4

On 9/10/2021 at 1:46 PM, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Couldn’t agree more about Sur le Mer.  What a wonderful surprise.  Our best meal of the cruise (8/29).  Two small things that probably won’t get mentioned but they had these little baguettes that were fabulous, best bread on the cruise by far and that is saying something.  Also, the staff was great. Our waiter helped us with recommendations and was so friendly but not hovering.  This is a great addition to Princess.

• Like 2