Baltimore lodging

Ellusionz

Any unique places to stay the night before our cruise to Bermuda in May 2022? There will be four of us flying in and splitting the room so we could splurge a little for comfort and luxury! Would like it to be nearish the port but also near stuff to do for the night before. Thanks for any recommendations!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/6/2021 at 11:21 PM, Ellusionz said:

Any unique places to stay the night before our cruise to Bermuda in May 2022? There will be four of us flying in and splitting the room so we could splurge a little for comfort and luxury! Would like it to be nearish the port but also near stuff to do for the night before. Thanks for any recommendations!

I recommend the Hotel Monaco on N. Charles Street in downtown Baltimore.  It was once the headquarters office for the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad. It has been beautifully restored.  Each room is unique and very nice.  They host a wine reception every day (not 100% sure of the hours - 5 to 7?) and the onsite restaurant, B&O Brasserie, is excellent.  It is a few blocks from the Inner Harbor and their rates are not outrageous. I'll be staying there in February and I got a rate of $145 + tax.  Here's the website address FYI.  

www.monaco-baltimore.com/

Hope this is helpful.

• Like 2

There will be four of us flying in and splitting the room so we could splurge a little for comfort and luxury!

Probably the most spectacular and unique hotel in town is the Sagamore Pendry which is build onto a former industrial pier and has a beautiful pool deck jutting into the harbor. It isn't cheap (would def be a splurge) but its nicer than the Four Seasons and has a ton of atmosphere. 

• Like 1

I’m going pre COVID here, but the Monaco was always amazing. Good location, and the on-site restaurant and bar, as mentioned earlier, is very good. The bar featured some great mixology, and the restaurant was great. Eggs Chesapeake for breakfast, with a Bloody Mary, was equally great. And the building is pretty great, too!

When in Baltimore we always stay at the Hampton.It is across the street from Camden Yards and we always like to take in a baseball game.

8 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

When in Baltimore we always stay at the Hampton.It is across the street from Camden Yards and we always like to take in a baseball game.

That's not a bad area if you want to catch a ball game, but I don't know that there's much to do over there otherwise, and the Hampton isn't a unique hotel.

Really, Harbor East has probably become the better area in Baltimore. The Monaco fits the "unique" concept. I'm just not as familiar with places in Harbor East to Fells Point.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, markeb said:

That's not a bad area if you want to catch a ball game, but I don't know that there's much to do over there otherwise, and the Hampton isn't a unique hotel.

Really, Harbor East has probably become the better area in Baltimore. The Monaco fits the "unique" concept. I'm just not as familiar with places in Harbor East to Fells Point.

The restaurants that are in walking distance are quite good.

Our condo overlooks the Pendry Sagamore and would fit your criteria. Lots of good restaurants within walking distance, although their own restaurant, Rec Pier Chop House, is very good. Ubers in the area are plentiful to get you to the port. The hotel is not cheap, however!

• 2 weeks later...

We always stay at the 1840’s Carrollton Inn. Historic Inn just a couple of miles from the Port of Baltimore. Free gated parking, a huge delicious complimentary breakfast, and walking distance to many excellent restaurants and bakeries in the Little Italy neighborhood. 
Each room is uniquely decorated and very comfortable! 

https://www.1840splaza.com/

• Like 1

Unique Baltimore Hotels -

The Ivy - Mount Vernon

Hotel Brexton - Mount Vernon

Sagamore Pendry - Fells Point

Admiral Fell Inn - Fells Point

The Inn at Henderson's Wharf - Fells Point

Kimpton Hotel Monaco - Inner Harbor

Canopy - Harbor Point

Edited by madelinerose
  • Like 1